BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > What do you think of cross-training?

What do you think of cross-training?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
191983.40 in reply to 191983.39
Date: 7/28/2011 6:44:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah...if I knew this is coming, I'd train his PA until Prominent and after two more seasons of training I'd wait if PA would pop...if it didn't, I'd train that. And if it did, it saved me two weeks of training.

This Post:
191983.41 in reply to 191983.34
Date: 7/28/2011 6:55:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Okay, I just do not know where to start...

1. Until now, there has been an exact difference between players with high basic skills and the so-called multiskilled players. It was a maganer's decision whether to take the risk of leaving basic skills 1-2 levels lower to improve other ones and allow players to play in different positions than their best. This might have led to an advantage (or it might have not) but it was a matter of decision. The new rules definitely aim to reduce the importance of this decision and will lead to a certain balance between skills meaning that there will be too many similar players.

2. There is a group of players of a certain age (mainly 22-23 years old) who are developed to be national selected players. They naturally have high basic skills.These new rules will significantly slow their improvement down because they reduce the development of basic skills by roughly 10%. They all have a long term plan but they may never achieve the national level. This means that the work of a lot of managers has gone to outer space.

3. Players of a higher age will gain more importance baceause of a slower growth rate of young players (this is just silly, I just cannot say anything else...).

Finally: What I do not understand is why the creators of the game change a system that has been working well for ages. Are they bored with the game? A well-managed team has a training plan for at least 4-5 seasons, why does anyone spoil the implementation of the plans?

"Actually you can. You can tell us why do you think this way. I'm sick of people just stating their opinion (mostly negative) without any arguments."

You know I am sick of people changing the rules without stating their opinion. Has anyone seen any explanation to why the system was changed? I am a user of the game, the idea of the game is that it is for my entertainment and the entertainment of 60000+ other players. Now, I have put my points here just as you wanted. Now I am the one wo is looking for answers and I am absolutely sure that I wil not get any...

This Post:
191983.42 in reply to 191983.41
Date: 7/28/2011 7:04:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for you arguments, you presented them very well. After the initial praise, I started to think about my trainee and realized the same as you did, so my opinion changed. I don't want to say I hate the new system because I don't; a season or two will have to pass for us to see the change in practice. But if it works the way we all understand, the change actually could annihilate the two seasons I already invested for my trainee and the future three seasons I already have planned. Not only he maybe won't enter the NT, but I also knowingly gave up the promotion from D.III the season I drafted him.

Last edited by Koperboy at 7/28/2011 7:05:46 AM

This Post:
191983.43 in reply to 191983.32
Date: 7/28/2011 7:05:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Excellent post. you have suggested here that a SG with a low REB score will suddenly improve to be better than a C in rebounding. Hmmm. a "possible" increase of 10% that has a probability of occurring once every 10 trainings. Yes it's going to cause major fluctuations.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.

This Post:
191983.44 in reply to 191983.42
Date: 7/28/2011 7:29:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am the scout of the national team of Hungary. I might be the new manager of the national team if I can win the elections.

WE HAVE a long term plan, or I should say WE HAD a long term plan and now it is uncertain as it is. I just have no idea what to say to managers who develop our players and there are many of them. I think the majority of them will just stop training and drop the players to get new players who are trainable according to the new system.

What I am angry about is the fact that there is no explanation. Why was the new system introduced? What were the reasons for it? If you introduce a new system you have to have explanations and you must know why it is advantageous for the users and the development of the game. But I just cannot see any exact direction to where the game develops, but I can see measures without any reason, measures just because it is funny to make changes. Is it enjoyable to see us all suffering?

This Post:
191983.45 in reply to 191983.25
Date: 7/28/2011 7:30:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nevermind. Saw Coco's later post.

Last edited by HeadPaperPusher at 7/28/2011 7:32:19 AM

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager
This Post:
191983.46 in reply to 191983.45
Date: 7/28/2011 7:32:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
no one wanted.

I did.

This Post:
191983.47 in reply to 191983.41
Date: 7/28/2011 7:43:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think- and this is just what I think, absolutely nothing official- the main reason behind the training changes is a response to the community being so upset about the salaries of big men. The community has said time and again that the system is not working.

Players with ridiculous salaries have been a big sticking point on the forums. Recalculating salaries each season (another drop in wages this season- unmentioned I notice) is one way this has been tackled. These changes might, down the road, lead to slightly lower salaries for the behemoths.

1. I honestly don't think that you will notice a drastic change in your players unless your train them for many seasons. And if you do, perhaps you will be happy with their performance. Let's say you single position train a C for three seasons, rotating ID, IS, and REB 4 times and training stamina and FT once. Using the Training Speed Analysis you will have roughly 13.5 pops in ID and IS, 9 in REB, and a couple in driving and JS. So under the new system you would have 12.15 in ID and IS, 8.1 in REB, a couple in DR and JS, and about 4 pops spread around 10 skills. After three seasons.

2.see above.
3. Ask Mark Cuban about the value of older players. Older players are valuable because of their experience. Why should this be devalued?

Finally: a well-managed team is one that is flexible enough to know that changes happen all the time in this game. We were told about this at the beginning of last season.

This Post:
191983.48 in reply to 191983.47
Date: 7/28/2011 7:59:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think- and this is just what I think, absolutely nothing official- the main reason behind the training changes is a response to the community being so upset about the salaries of big men. The community has said time and again that the system is not working.

Players with ridiculous salaries have been a big sticking point on the forums. Recalculating salaries each season (another drop in wages this season- unmentioned I notice) is one way this has been tackled. These changes might, down the road, lead to slightly lower salaries for the behemoths.

If this were the reason for the changes, then what was needed was a change to the game engine. If a team full of well-rounded players could actually beat a team full of behemoths, nobody would ever own said behemoths, and they could fade into oblivion and die.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
191983.49 in reply to 191983.48
Date: 7/28/2011 8:08:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Have we seen a team of well-rounded players yet?

This Post:
191983.50 in reply to 191983.49
Date: 7/28/2011 8:11:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
BC Hostivar on season 15?

Advertisement