BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.41 in reply to 277748.36
Date: 3/10/2016 4:50:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Damn, my initial reply was accidentally deleted...I'll have to be short:

The case that propelled you to start this thread was rightfully handled. And to think we are doing all this talking about three deleted messages that were rigthfully deleted is quite astonishing
If the case was rightfully handled then how come the foreign user posted additional offensive posts on our forums AFTER the situation was 'handled'? Maybe you want us to believe he did so after he was sanctioned and also ignoring a warning to everyone in the thread? Sure. Since you keep insisting and missing the point of the whole thread trying to make it personal, you should know better than anyone else that I know that the foreign user was not sanctioned in any way...

You see, I'd understand you trying to dig yourself out of this if you had swiftly moderated that thread, but since you were all quite slow we got to see ALL of the posts. I know exactly who said what and when, all of it.

The point is. If another GM decided on the sanctions, instead of the GM of that other nation it would be a lot cleaner and would not leave the suspicion that double standards are applied. Sure, it does not guarantee we will be treated fairly, but at least we know for sure the GM was not biased based on his nationality. It's already better than nothing.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 3/10/2016 4:53:24 AM

This Post:
277748.42 in reply to 277748.38
Date: 3/10/2016 5:04:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You either take my word for that this is how it happens or you believe in what ever scenario you want to paint up.
But the truth still remains the same.
You're saying I don't know what happened to me, what the posts contained and the conversations I've had with 3 different GMs? A fourth GM yesterday joined the email party, the more the merrier I suppose.

I'm sorry I think it's you coming short here. The situation is exactly as it is portrayed, nothing more and nothing less. GM acted selectively at his discretion.

If you chose to go down the same line as the one that started it all you are well aware of what may happen and you have made an active choice.
I never claimed that someone was 'wrongfully' fined. Nickleon understands the situation perfectly. For the last time, I started this proposal because I have an issue with GMs being too lenient towards other people involved, possibly because of their nationality.

And again if i read your posts in this thread it becomes clearer and clearer to me that the problem lies in your trust towards people and not much more.
This is possible, but if trust didn't play any part in 'moderating' we wouldn't be even talking.

This Post:
277748.44 in reply to 277748.37
Date: 3/10/2016 5:23:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Last post for me in this thread: unless someone answer my question (on why they think it would be a problem to explicitly extend the current policy to cover cases as described), I feel I said all I had to.

1. If you feel you've been wronged by a GM decision, you may appeal.
2. If you feel someone else should be punished, you may report them.
3. If you want to know if/how someone else was punished, as a rule that information is not divulged.
1. I've never found GMs decisions towards me particularly harsh. If anything, I thought in some cases they could have been much harsher. This does not apply to me.
2. That's fine, but I also don't want a GM to decide at his discretion when the situation involves only members of 2 communities, on national forums of one of these communities, if the GM belongs to any of these communities. If a GM goes ahead and does that, I want to be able to report him as well and have someone not involved take a look at the situation. However without a policy that states that GM shouldn't rule in such circumstances this is a moot point: I would be reporting a GM for doing something that is fine with the current policy, which makes no sense whatsoever.
3. I can understand that someone has not been punished if he continues to post offensive or demeaning messages...

Also to be perfectly clear, according to the rules, I should report both EGMs and every single GM in this thread, because, against the rules, they divulged information about a specific case, which is against the rules and common users do get fined and banned for it. They did so in order to claim I was just sour about the situation, instead of discussing the merit of the proposal. If this proposal makes no difference because this is what you already do, as some of you GMs claim, then you should just support this, since it should not change anything.

Anyway I'm done with this. I feel like I've said all I had to and now I'm talking to a wall.

Feel free to reply to any of the last messages and then lock the thread.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 3/10/2016 5:25:07 AM

This Post:
277748.46 in reply to 277748.45
Date: 3/10/2016 9:21:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
User 1 broke the rules in the forum by answering ironically to User 2.

This alone is ridiculous. As you stated yourself, you are using irony/cynicism quite often - everybody should do so once in a while. So how can this be a case of breaking the rules in the first place.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
277748.47 in reply to 277748.46
Date: 3/10/2016 9:41:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
User 1 broke the rules in the forum by answering ironically to User 2.

This alone is ridiculous. As you stated yourself, you are using irony/cynicism quite often - everybody should do so once in a while. So how can this be a case of breaking the rules in the first place.

Since we're giving some details, it was specifically in a transfer ads thread, which have the following notification at the beginning of every authorized transfer ads thread:

Special rules for players advertisements
- They are only allowed in the specific threads located in the national forums(this one). These threads can only be created by a staff member, if your country needs one or the old one is closed, ask a staff member to open a new one.
- Only one ad. per week is allowed. You may post as many players as you like in your ad.
- Local users may advertise any of their players that is listed for sale, foreign users may only advertise players who have the nationality of the forum country. Players should be on the roster of the user who lists them for sale on the transfer list.
-No values (TPE) requests or discussions about the players are allowed.

It's similar to the difference between discussions that are allowed to go on indefinitely in the global or suggestions forums, but that are not allowed and usually cut off quickly if they're in the Bugs forum.

This Post:
277748.48 in reply to 277748.44
Date: 3/10/2016 9:57:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

2. That's fine, but I also don't want a GM to decide at his discretion when the situation involves only members of 2 communities, on national forums of one of these communities, if the GM belongs to any of these communities. If a GM goes ahead and does that, I want to be able to report him as well and have someone not involved take a look at the situation. However without a policy that states that GM shouldn't rule in such circumstances this is a moot point: I would be reporting a GM for doing something that is fine with the current policy, which makes no sense whatsoever.

I've read the bolded part numerous times now. I can't help but think you are suggesting that all national forums should be moderated by someone *not* of that nation, and then if someone from a nation who is moderating the forum sees a post from someone from his/her own country, (s)he must abandon moderating that thread and summon another GM from a third country.

We do often handle issues and reports from other countries' users and occasionally have to ask local GMs who are native speakers for advice on whether, for example, a team name or a message sent is offensive. But since those GMs are also part of those communities, there's still inherent bias possible.

Last edited by GM-Perpete at 3/10/2016 1:41:38 PM

This Post:
277748.49 in reply to 277748.47
Date: 3/10/2016 7:10:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I appreciate that but if you get people advertising their players directly on the English forums at massively inflated prices then people who have been playing the game for a little while are going to be a bit pissed off.

I'm not talking standard levels of inflation but 'literally every one that isn't a scrub listed at 1 million' kind of inflation.

Last edited by Manon at 3/10/2016 7:16:15 PM

Message deleted
Advertisement