This Post:
277903.41 in reply to 277903.39
Date: 3/15/2016 4:49:04 PM
Arsenal 98
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Stamford Snow Leopards
a: wrong topic ;) you want this one: http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thread=251520&m=278

b: it seems he can defend on the inside and you cant score on the outside...playing patient = you didnt really have a place to get good shots (and he's a better rebounding team than you) so fewer possessions + more misses + less off rebs gained plus the reasons given above = loss.

This Post:
277903.43 in reply to 277903.42
Date: 3/16/2016 12:43:03 PM
Green Cats
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yellow Cats
I agree with many of you guys but the main reason that led to prices going out of control is that there are too many teams which are "tanking" for years (not seasons) and have 10-15-20M. They are not very active but when they log in and see a good player, they can bid 5-10M for him and in many cases become bots shortly after. Yes, lack of players on market is one problem but thousands of teams with such budgets is the main reason.

When I read the announcement of the Hoarding Tax I was pretty excited about it but I expected it to be on lesser amount of money (i. e. 10M) which would lead to very high prices in the next couple of season until everyone spends his/her money in order not to lose it and that would be the decision.

BBs might not want to mess up with the economy but nowadays prices are the reason hundreds of manager stop playing the game. If the BBs want that to continue then their current position is OK. You can't enforce someone to play the game the way you want (train players). It takes years to train a good player/s and many people just don't want to do that but 3 years ago yu were able to buy an average player for 500K and now you can't find such player for less than 1-1.5M...

One very simple question, how many managers there were in BB 3 years ago and how many are they now?

This Post:
277903.45 in reply to 277903.44
Date: 3/16/2016 12:53:27 PM
Green Cats
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yellow Cats
It is a fact, not the reason.

This Post:
277903.47 in reply to 277903.46
Date: 3/16/2016 1:43:02 PM
Green Cats
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yellow Cats
It is a fact that the number of people playing BB is decreasing but what are the reasons?

Of course main reason is that most people don't like this kind of games where things are happening slowly.

But as you said, for some time the number of managers is stable but still it decreases and the main reason is the way you have to play the game since few years.

Strong teams are strong and it is very difficult to compete with them and in order to build a strong team now you need at least 15M for players. To save this money you should tank a couple of years. And a couple of years doing nothing leads to that trend.

It is really difficult for new teams to develop in this environment and after a couple of months playing and realizing that they just stop playing.

My point is, if you want to make people train players - make training easier, don't make such market. I say again, this is the case where BBs don't want to lose more and more people.

Message deleted

To: uBAH
This Post:
277903.49 in reply to 277903.43
Date: 3/17/2016 10:02:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with many of you guys but the main reason that led to prices going out of control is that there are too many teams which are "tanking" for years (not seasons) and have 10-15-20M. They are not very active but when they log in and see a good player, they can bid 5-10M for him and in many cases become bots shortly after. Yes, lack of players on market is one problem but thousands of teams with such budgets is the main reason.

I think that the amount of money is of course a component, but the current higher prices affect pretty much every range of player - including those that teams who have tanked for seasons would really have no use whatsoever for buying, but that make perfect sense for teams at lower levels of the game. If the amount of money for tanking teams was the primary driver, you'd also expect to find that once you're into the season, prices would drop to more reasonable levels, since teams generally don't awaken from seasons of tanking only to buy players a month or two into the season - maybe some additions here and there.

This Post:
277903.50 in reply to 277903.49
Date: 3/17/2016 3:01:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A lot of people here talking about training forget a few basic truths about the system as currently designed:
1) it's impossible for anybody to fully train a team of 8 rotation players for D1 before one or more of them start declining in skill. That means training at least 5 superstar or better players to their cap (starters) and 3 star-perennial allstar potential (backups) to their cap
2) Point 1) is also applicable to D2 teams, because although the potential required for the starters is lower, you cannot train different positions simultaneously
3) With the userbase shrinking teams falling under 1) and 2) are also a higher percentage of the total BB population...

So every discussion about training should start from this inescapable truth: if there was no Transfer List and users quitting leaving their players behind for others to recruit, nobody would be able to have a D1 o D2 team of the level we're used to today. Everybody would have a mediocre team at best.

The number of homegrown teams above the first non-bot level in their nation is, unsurprisingly, a well rounded 0. Obviously there are also 0 homegrown teams in D1 (although one could argue that it would be possible for someone in a micronation, where D1 is the bot league level, to do it).

Now, people can rant all they want about how the system is ok and the staff has got no responsibility in anything, but this problem is a glaring flaw that should be addressed, especially since the users turnover has been much lower in the last few seasons than it used to be. Nobody is to blame for a major flaw like this except those who have the power to do something about it.

And until someone who has the power to do so addresses this issue (and there are multiple ways this could be done), we are in a situation were a turnover of users is required by the current system to sustain itself (because only D3 and under are in fact capable of sustaining themselves with players if they train them for no longer than 4-5 seasons...).

So there it is. It's not like people don't want to train: it's that even if everybody was training with maximum efficiency every week, we wouldn't be able to sustain 20k teams with fully trained under 32yo players...

Last edited by Lemonshine at 3/17/2016 3:10:38 PM

Advertisement