Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
284023.41 in reply to 284023.40
Date: 1/18/2017 9:12:29 AM
Manila Bombers
PPL
Overall Posts Rated:
Overall, you have good points but we have very different thoughts on how we want to play the game. As I believe these differences are irreconcilable, I leave it to the BB if they will consider this suggestion.

And you think i like the high prices? stop joking around! i'm a team in II, freshly promoted. I would love nothing more than to have be able to add a couple of players for free and go straight to the top division! However, BB doesn't work that way. and if i could add them, so would my opponents. So in the end, it's just a null operation, except that we've lowered the market, hence cheating out the managers who train players to then sell them afterwards...

I am not joking around. Now I am confused as to why you think so. Of course any change should be a null operation or it would not be fair to everyone. I want lowered prices for everyone. To show you our differences, you believe that lowered prices cheats managers who train to sell, while I believe that managers who train only to sell are cheating the managers who train to compete. That is why lowering prices will give train-to-sell managers what I believe is the just price.

The reason the pricesz are high is because there are now rules in place to avoid cash hoarding & to avoid tanking so that teams can't splash huge amounts of cash around. Due to that, people are burning a lot of cash on the TL, meaning the prices are higher. Means you buy high, but you also get to sell high. that is the effect of trying to get rid of surplus in cash (somethign to which i'm sure GullyFoyle would agree on). currently, there is to much cash in the game. By unretiring free agents, we bring down the market. But that means that there is still to much cash in the game.

We are not solving the "too much cash in the game" problem here. I think any negative effect of the lowered market is offset by the fact that money used to buy unretired players are gone forever unlike transfers between active managers where only the agent's fees go away.

I think my previous post was not clear, so I will emphasize this. Do not take the extreme case of my statements!

1. I said that I want lowered prices.

Extreme case: Prices are too low that a newly promoted team can add a couple of players and win the new league.
Moderate case: Reduce the average transfer price by 5 - 10%

2. I said I want more player movement.

Extreme case: Daytrading
Moderate case: Increase the average number of transfers by a team by 1.

So there have been plenty of rules being made to lessen the player movement. yet you want to increase it again?

Yes! As I said in my previous post, I believe that those rules decreased player movement too much. So I want to increase it, but not at the daytrading level. As with everything in life, we need balance.

If you consider the moderate cases, I think the positive can outweigh the negatives. What do you think of the criteria that I posted and the alternative of just expanding the free agency criteria?

This Post:
284023.42 in reply to 284023.41
Date: 1/19/2017 6:31:15 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Daytrading is not bad per se, because, on a basic level, it increases the liquidity of the market and helps forming correct prices given the level of demand.

A tax on the sale value and not on the profit however is actually bad. This does indeed stop daytrading, but also discourage people to trade in general.

I'd suggest to test a system for a few seasons where a haircut is calculated and applied to any profit made. If you sell at a loss you pay the normal 3% fees and that's it if you sell at a profit you give up between 3%-100% of that profit, depending how many players you sold in the previous 16 weeks. See if that does increase the number of players traded.

Note that people are not stupid, they are not going to give away money to the game, unless they really have to. So the result of high taxes on sale values does not increase the drain from bank accounts, it simply reduces the trading activity. A tax on profit might drain as much if not more money from the economy depending how much more activity you'd see.

We made these points in the past, but Marin (and other GMs) was never able or willing to entertain a discussion on these points, their reasoning being that the change achieved the stated purpose (removing day trading) therefore it was ok lol. Shutting down the game would also solve every problem from training to micronations to daytrading and even LI!

Last edited by Lemonshine at 1/19/2017 9:06:49 AM