This Post:
319331.41 in reply to 319331.39
Date: 5/25/2023 5:17:28 AM
Venomous Vicious Vipers
Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Veni Vidi Vicious
I don't know if it will lower the TL prices but the number of players in sale will clearly collapse...
Why would you buy new players while you can train 3 different positions at the same time and benefit from the huge merchandising boost that represent homegrown players ?

This Post:
319331.42 in reply to 319331.1
Date: 5/25/2023 5:27:43 AM
Rajdersi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rajdersi II
I love plan A. If it wouldn't work we can go with plan B.

Again some experienced managers don't see advantages and are little affraid of changes.
They say that current system is challenging. They also say that new system (let's say plan A) will be to hard for new users.
So cuurent challanging training is ok for newbies and not that hard but plan A will be to much?
Ridiculous.

There was one argument about coaches(not enough number of them at the market/salaries).
Justin can solve it in one day by changing salaries and/or adding numbers of coaches.

You worry about market prices etc -you can train draft players, don't need to buy.
Not every team needs 5x HoFs or 5x MVPs in starting 5.

Plan A(or B ) will solve one problem which I see with training:
You train 1vs1 SF/PF than JS than IS ID etc. You have PG or SF or C let's say 25yo without passing or rebounds.

With new system you can quicker get rid of holes - skills which we train in the end.

There is one topic which was not mentioned:
It will be harder to scout opponent lineup(starting 5etc) due to new training plans.

This Post:
319331.45 in reply to 319331.42
Date: 5/25/2023 6:08:31 AM
Rakuunat
SM-Koris
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dragoons Academy
You actually hit the nail why the change would be bad: "You worry about market prices etc -you can train draft players, don't need to buy." I think it's a really big issue if "no one" is buying players anymore but just trains whole roster by themselves without any compromises.

I really like the active TL as I have quite opposite example from other online manager game that I play. In that game (hockey theme), you can train basically all your players for different positions, but the limit is that player have secret max attribute min 4, max 10) for each skill and you have to work with that but otherwise you can train without limits. There is about 8-10k teams in the game and last week there were 32 sold players in a week. I don't say that this change would make the TL completely useless as it is in this other game, but massive decrease with player values and TL activity might be expected.

This Post:
319331.47 in reply to 319331.45
Date: 5/25/2023 6:26:56 AM
Rajdersi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rajdersi II
you might be right.

Anyway, every season some managers sell whole squad and build(buy) new for season.
It is very common, every season I have new one starter in S5.

I am not that worry about low quantity of players for sale in new scenerio.
Someone will always sell to have funds for arena, gym etc.
Someone will always buy.

Lets say if for plan A you train 1x50k PG(OD) 1x100k C (IS) and two youngster 2x5k 1vs1(SF/PF).
You still need starting SG SF PF and some back ups. You can buy them, you can use homegrown etc.

I get your point with hockey, personally I looked for specific big for few weeks ago and I didn't find anyone for sale.
So I gave up my idea.

This Post:
319331.48 in reply to 319331.44
Date: 5/25/2023 6:32:03 AM
Rajdersi
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Rajdersi II
I will never play in PLK in Poland.
Even if I would have luck to promote I would be relegated after one season.

So I am that guy (you are at the top "at the top it will be very though to beat me and teams who have been here for as long as I have.")

You say that top teams have 5xHoFs or 5xMVPs. Ok, I agree.
How many teams are top? let's say 500(I am +800, not top)
500 out of 15000 it is 3,3% teams that need 5xHOFs, rest need 4 or 3 or 2 or 1 or none.

To be safe in polish II it is enough to have two MVPs(I am talking about capped players, not unused potential) and some superstars.
So if you want to be in top 30(out of 875) in big community/country you just need 500k salary and two MVPs.
It's fine for me because top 16 is out of reach.

Last edited by Paul George at 5/25/2023 6:33:52 AM

This Post:
319331.51 in reply to 319331.44
Date: 5/25/2023 7:04:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is why 'Plan B' is a much more reasonable choice, first it's not a drastic overhaul to the game, training and competitiveness itself.

Plan A would enable teams to build 3 top players at the same time in 3 different positions, without any challenge since you can choose for each of them what training you want.

Plan B is like an extra feature, it will allow you to build one player differently from the rest while keeping the challenge of having 2 players following the same training regime.

Some cons with Plan A

- Player initial skillset will become obsolete, good initial skillset will make player prices skyrocket, especially MVP and HOF potentials.

With Plan A you just go to the TL and buy the best skillset for each position, most top managers and the wealthiest managers will go for the 55+TSP 18 y/o, who is MVP or HOF. So we would be looking at MVPs with 55+ TSP being unbuyable below 1M, and 55+TSP HOFS will go for 2M atleast, most of them.

This would reduce much more compared to now and to plan B, the availability in the TL of good training prospects for less experienced teams, newer teams and teams that are not wealthy.

- Overcrowding of 'monster players' in DIV. 1, B3, BBM, NT, u21, etc

Bigger countries have many excellent managers, if all these countries can train 3 players differently, they will just build the best possible players, at an incredible increasing rate. Nowadays it's not easy to build great 200k players, that's part of the challenge. You just cannot buy 3 HOFS and ALL of them ending up amazing. Do we want to strengthen the monopoly of bigger nations or increase the challenges for them?

1 or 2 players will always be of lesser quality than the best trainee, this is something that keeps the balance of competitiveness.

With Plan B you don't allow a radical change like this, there is still some strategy for building great players, you can have your Star rookie and build him excellently, and the other 2 trainees you will have to adapt and plan according to their heights, holes in skillset and potential.

- Team composition will be the same in the most competitive leagues

We are looking at allowing 3 players to be developed individually, then top teams will build the players mostly in the same way, and with very similar builds, it would take away the diversity from player builds that vary from team to team. There will be no obstacle to make high OD/PA bigs. And high ID/IS Guards. Literally everybody will have teams very similar to each other.

Pros

- With Plan B it gives teams the opportunity to experiment, but in not such a radical way as Plan A

Ever wanted to develop a player for your team but in a different way? With this you could. You can have fun and build a big with high JR just because. You can have fun and build a guard with high rebounding and shotblocking just because. You can try and experiment a variety of different things because you are not limited by needing to train 3 players in the same way with the same training plan.

Now you don't need to make the choice between 'I want to train and have fun, but if im gonna train and invest then it needs to be properly thought about it, and I need to build competitive trainees, man I just wish I had the freedom to build a player however I like him to be.'

We forget that many coaches want to build players just for fun.

- One of the biggest pros is that this change would enable DIV 4, DIV 3, DIV 2, to become much more competitive in their own leagues and especially in cups.

How? You will have the possibility to build players in a much more complete and unrestricted way. Also you can build excellent lower salaries.

Conclusion

Plan B preserves the way BB trains, the way you need to plan and schedule your training seasons, your team composition, it would just be that extra training like an additional feature that allows you to have fun in a di

Last edited by sergio at 5/25/2023 7:31:48 AM

Advertisement