Suggestions > Free Agent Players

Free Agent Players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
104275.42 in reply to 104275.41
Date: 8/16/2009 5:25:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Right, except you still have no idea why one guy was boght at $250,000 which doesn't give you any better understanding of which of the two estimates is more precise.

What if the normal range is ~130-250k or, and one guy went low because he sold in the off-hours?

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 8/16/2009 5:27:18 PM

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
104275.44 in reply to 104275.43
Date: 8/16/2009 5:43:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
TPE exists for those who aren't skilled enough to factor anything themselves -- and it's not meant to be a surgically precise price estimation.

Browsing the player market for players that have been bid on can typically give you a fair idea for what most players are worth, too.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
104275.45 in reply to 104275.42
Date: 8/16/2009 5:43:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Right, except you still have no idea why one guy was boght at $250,000 which doesn't give you any better understanding of which of the two estimates is more precise.

What if the normal range is ~130-250k or, and one guy went low because he sold in the off-hours?

maybe a four man range isn't that representative, but there are also lot of player with alot players in the tpe ;) So you could see the runaway value, i was just to lazy to put in ten numbers. And the runaway values are normally people who don't have time to watch for a cheap player, or sells who run out during server problems.

The crazyest TPE i got was betwenn 50k and 4,5 Mio with 8 transfers, i believe the top end wasn't very intresting forthe estimation of the value ^^ And i recognize at least 3 cases like that with differences of 2 mio in my rooster, in the last seasons.

This Post:
104275.48 in reply to 104275.46
Date: 8/16/2009 6:45:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is the point that GM-K doesn't understand. TPE can get skewed as in your example, or have nothing at all, even when there have been previous transactions.
The point you don't understand is that TPE is designed not to be surgically precise, but to be simple and ready to use, otherwise it loses its purpose.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 8/16/2009 6:46:55 PM

This Post:
104275.51 in reply to 104275.35
Date: 8/17/2009 7:24:45 AM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
I have to disagree, because the price free agents sell for are the real market value prices. Many teams with a lot of money would bid but they wouldn't overbid so those players most often were signed for the amount of money they are really worth...

I agree with other responses. The major problem with FA is that they are very often on the market when the transfer market is dead. They are overrepresented during a part of the season when few clubs are investing in expensive players, e.g. 3-4 weeks into the season, and during times of the day when very few are logged in, deadlines at 8 GMT is not too unlikely.

Managers with a player of similar strength as these FA usually consciously or unconsciously transfer list their players to not be sold when the market is low and for this reason it is mainly FA that daytraders can make bargains with. I would not sell a $25k salary guy 8 GMT as I know that I risk losing a lot of money due to the low activity in the transfer market.

And it is very difficult to buy players when you are not logged in. You do not really want to make a bid of $1.5 millions for a player that might only be worth $1M. If you are bidding at deadline you can much easier buy the player for something close to market value. Even if you consider market value to be $1M you do not want to make such bid on a player currently for $500000 so then you have problem with not logged in again. This means that managers able to log in at any time during the day can profit from this.

One way of solving this problem is to make sure that the FAs always are out on the market when many users are logged in. Of course it would punish people logged in when only few users online but they aer already punished today as most deadlines will always be at times with more users online.

The major problem with daytrading usually are that these players are bought and then transferlisted for a value even higher than their market value but if someone wants the player and has the money they might still buy the player. But it seems like the daytrading problem is not as big in BB as in e.g. hattrick, but at least I do believe that the limitation of FA is very good for BB. And then only to avoid giving too big benefits for people online 24 hours a day. The major successes should be from managing the team and not daytrading

This Post:
104275.52 in reply to 104275.36
Date: 8/17/2009 1:05:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no offense but your wrong many free agents were bought low and then sold for a much higher price.

example

people online 368 buy free agent for 250k (low price not much competition on bidding)
then resell when
people online 3425 sell free agent for 500k (very good chance of sale)

i have seen countless examples of managers doing this.

try reading the now closed day trading post in bb global

Selling a player a day after one day mean a great amount of tax over hims so there could be two situation
1)The team which buy the player make agreat great great affair on this deal and he then resell then to his real market value,so earning a lot of money
2)Someone will overpay the player when the first team ressell him at double value,so the problem is easy to resolve,it is a typical TPA situation,or a cheater situation
So on,there aren't the free agents the problem about day trading.This is not an argument to say that free agent aren't good from the game(with specific rules,as i listed in my previous posts)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 8/17/2009 1:07:21 PM

Advertisement