BB Global (English) > I like the current training system

I like the current training system

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
278223.42 in reply to 278223.41
Date: 4/7/2016 4:32:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't think I worship anything here. just look at my suggestion, its not that I didnt think of anything. but a total overhaul is not want I think is productive and possible at the moment.

Last edited by jonte at 4/7/2016 4:42:58 PM

This Post:
278223.46 in reply to 278223.7
Date: 4/23/2016 7:40:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

DO you play consoles? If not why not?. Consoles can be expensive....but if you don't care about real current NBA players, just buy an old console and old games. LIke something from the early 2000s on PS1 or PS2...you can get the system and the game 2nd hand probably all-together around 100 bucks or so. If you go older than PS (and even some play station) there are emulators and ROMs for free all over the internet. YOu can play hundreds of superior sims for free single player.

I guess maybe that gets old after a time though. Anyway there are merits BB has over the consoles but its about 1million years behind in quality of actual simulation. You can build entire teams you can choose plays, offense style, control substitutions as games go on etc. etc. You can do franchise modes (obviously the newer the better these modes- and more expensive the software) where you aren't playing one of the guys, but just the coach, subs and there is a budget to manage etc., trade offers etc...

We got a PS4 for my son (he paid half). I will be buying him the latest NBA title, and look forward greatly to playing it in all modes. I'll do a franchise run for sure as Ptown I think...My first order of business might be to try to trade for Draymond Green LOL. I'll give them all my picks and rookies maybe...

I used to, back in 2003 or so, but lost interest and never really got it back. Somewhere in the meantime I found Buzzerbeater and have liked it ever since. No reason to start up a console game now, as BB takes up pretty much the time I have allotted for a game like this in my 'spare time budget'. I've made teams on Hatrick and that Baseball sim, but my teams went bot as they didn't carry my interest like BB does.

This Post:
278223.47 in reply to 278223.7
Date: 4/23/2016 7:59:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Key follow up questions:
Had BB never had this out of position stuff to begin with it, would that really mean you wouldn't have liked it?
IF they get rid of out of position will you quit?
If there was no out of position and they were suggesting to implement out of position, would anyone like that suggestion?
In a game where there was no out of position and say 60k users, do you think they would keep more than 5 of them if they suddenly implemented out of position training?

I took a million years to get back to you on this, but these are good questions, so here goes:
1. I read your question to suggest a BB where players could be trained in anything regardless of position played. I guess I would think that's fine if that's all there was, as I wouldn't have experienced this out of position system that is the reality we currently have. I doubt I would be thinking "this would be so much better if I had to play my players out of position to train them in certain skills..." That said, I still like the current system. However, moving on to question #2...
2. I would absolutely not quit if they got rid of out of position training. I'd just start training my players easier like everyone else.
3. Maybe some people might like it if the reasoning made sense. It is quite safe to say that a lot of people would be upset by it, considering how many folks are upset about it existing currently.
4. I am certain they'd keep more than 5 users if this hypothetical situation were to take place.

This Post:
278223.49 in reply to 278223.1
Date: 4/24/2016 1:39:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Over the past couple years, there have been many opinions voiced on changing the training paradigm: speeding it up, making it not position related at all, ensuring 48 minutes if someone is booked starter/reserve/backup (and doesn't get injured or foul out), making it not related to # of minutes at all, etc...

Folks who are fine with the current training system usually only share their opinion when they are responding to someone who wants to change it, so I thought I'd just throw this out there.

I like the current system. Always have.

It's challenging as well as fun. It makes your opponents do unexpected things with their lineup, it makes me do unexpected things with my lineup, it can be frustrating at times, and it can lead to much joy (Friday morning pops)...

Certainly, if management decides to alter the training system, I'll take that in stride, but it is my sincere hope that any changes do not come as some sort of complete overhaul.

I totally agree with you.
Training has been made easier already quite a few times. Training Speed is definitely a lot faster than in Hattrick, where you had to wait 7 weeks for an up of a 19 yo in the important Skills. Please let's keep the challenges around Training!

Last edited by LA-Karangula at 4/24/2016 10:48:24 AM

Advertisement