BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum

Scrimmage-Ads Italian Forum (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

To: Foto
This Post:
130835.43 in reply to 130835.37
Date: 2/8/2010 10:09:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Spain, the big community in BB closed the threads when he had to do it. No pain, no complaints, no tragedy. Just assuming that rules are the same for everybody.

If a person want close all NT-threads because in his country not exist and his NT have problems to grow, we must close it in italian or spanish forum?
This is not a logical solution...
I think that every community have his balance and the rules must respect it

Moderate ads&scrimmage threads is an extra work for Italian GM-Mod, but they want moderate its and the italian comunity respect them for this sacrifice.
So, why this fact must become your problem?

This Post:
130835.44 in reply to 130835.41
Date: 2/8/2010 10:24:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It seems that Italia is from another universe and can do what they want...
The most funny thing is that they are breaking rules and still complaining about it
Another thing with closing down the transfer ads in all countries is to prevent views that label a group (in this case the Italians).

If there is one thing hollywood has taught us it is that you should not put people in cages. They get mad. They get out. Then they get even...

The same rules has to be enforced for everyone, and I hope everyone understand the importance of treating everyone the same way. I see the point made by Italian community, since I have often encountered potential U21 players that I want to make sure ends up at a serious manager. In relation to the U21/NT's I understand the urge/wish to have room in the forums for discussion so that young, willing and/or able players get treated the way they should. On the other hand I also believe (and seen) that foreign managers can manage U21/NT stars with as much vigor as domestic managers. Combined with the searching functions for the Player Market, it makes transfer ad threads obsolete. With a little belief in the average joe manager it is still possible to preserve the best talents. U21/NT thread allows for discussing players as long as individual skills are not disclosed*. The strong community that for instance Italy has built can be an inspiration to other countries that stuggle, and perhaps the removal of the transfer ad threads could make BB a more open community on an international level.

* At least not without owners consent and not in relation to a sale. (Can't see why anyone want to have their players skills available for their rivals to take advantage though).

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 2/8/2010 10:28:52 AM

This Post:
130835.45 in reply to 130835.43
Date: 2/8/2010 10:24:37 AM
Totwart
ACBB
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Furabolos
Because the rules says transfers and ad threads are not allowed in the forums.

I think that every community have his balance and the rules must respect it

What I think is that all communities should respect the rules, not just decide which rules they will follow.

I can understand people who think that transfers and player ads should be allowed in all national forums. Charles has explained why it was decided, some people would agree and some don't, but no one can say this is unfair. It's good or bad for all.
What I can't understand is people defending that there should be different rules depending on the country.

This Post:
130835.46 in reply to 130835.45
Date: 2/8/2010 10:30:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Because the rules says transfers and ad threads are not allowed in the forums.

...since 10/10/2009 because Mod and GM are getting bored with ban and fines... and because, as Charles said "they have no effect on sale prices"... they should have?

This Post:
130835.47 in reply to 130835.44
Date: 2/8/2010 10:33:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I see the point made by Italian community, since I have often encountered potential U21 players that I want to make sure ends up at a serious manager. In relation to the U21/NT's I understand the urge/wish to have room in the forums for discussion so that young, willing and/or able players get treated the way they should.

this is an interesting point. and i cant see why you wouldnt post these players on the forums. A transfer ad is a player that people try to sell and in 99.9% off the cases they post the threads themselves.

If the NT or U21 coach spots a player being released from a bot team and he is a good prospect for the U21 or NT, why cant you bring such a player to the attention off your community. I see there no problem, since it is no sales ad. Same counts for players that are in an active team and being put on the TL. I would mention the player in question is up for grabs so that the active players that might train him het him and not an inactive person. Here again I dont think this is a sales ad. Since it isnt a player that belongs to me and since I would do this for every player regardless who owns him...

This Post:
130835.48 in reply to 130835.44
Date: 2/8/2010 10:46:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

The same rules has to be enforced for everyone, and I hope everyone understand the importance of treating everyone the same way. I see the point made by Italian community, since I have often encountered potential U21 players that I want to make sure ends up at a serious manager. In relation to the U21/NT's I understand the urge/wish to have room in the forums for discussion so that young, willing and/or able players get treated the way they should. On the other hand I also believe (and seen) that foreign managers can manage U21/NT stars with as much vigor as domestic managers. Combined with the searching functions for the Player Market, it makes transfer ad threads obsolete. With a little belief in the average joe manager it is still possible to preserve the best talents. U21/NT thread allows for discussing players as long as individual skills are not disclosed*. The strong community that for instance Italy has built can be an inspiration to other countries that stuggle, and perhaps the removal of the transfer ad threads could make BB a more open community on an international level.

If everyone has to have the same rules,why sould we accept to give to some users,who yet have a great player who can go in U21/Nt, a thread to post advertsiement for these players?It doesn't have sense,if we're assuming that your reasoning is right.It would be fair only if evry manager could ad their players
I wrote to Charles my ideas

I have no interest to keep open the trasfer thread for sale prices,I have interest to find the kind of player that I needs and to find someone who can buy my players on the market.With the old system we did it,with the new system we can't do it
If you want a global rule,let every countries to have their Transfer ans Scrimmages threads,it will be a choice of the local Mods/Gms to keep open them.If their community not follow the rules and will cause them a lot of work,they will close the threads in their community as the right punshiment for their wrong behaviour

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/8/2010 10:49:11 AM

This Post:
130835.49 in reply to 130835.47
Date: 2/8/2010 10:47:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me qualify what is, and isn't allowed in terms of advertising NT and U21 players:

The respective NT or U21 coach (and only the coach, not a scout or another user) are allowed to link to players currently on the NT squad that are for sale.

In the case of a player that is of potential future NT/U21 interest, the allowed format is "There is a prospective NT/U21 player on the market, contact (me/the respective scout) privately for more information". No direct link to the player in question is allowed.

This should be sufficient to protect the interest of national teams.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
130835.50 in reply to 130835.49
Date: 2/8/2010 10:52:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let me reiterate a couple of points we have made here:

1) We need one rule for all of the communities in BuzzerBeater.

2) The moderators are not able to enforce the rule you want globally. It just takes up far too much of their time. They seem to be able to enforce it in Italy, but Italy is one of 96 national forums. They also don't enjoy enforcing it, and since we have a volunteer moderator staff, we can't write rules they will be unwilling to enforce.

Knowing these facts, I would like to work with everyone to come up with a solution.

(130835.8) is still my favored solution, and would not be a massive undertaking to code. Since ads seem to be important to a part of the community, yet they've proven not to really affect sales prices, we'd like to be able to offer an improvement that takes little development time while offering a tangible improvement.

If not the idea I've postulated, then what are your ideas, keeping in mind the criteria set forth?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
Message deleted
This Post:
130835.52 in reply to 130835.42
Date: 2/8/2010 11:02:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
if i was a user of a small country i would be much more envious of the sharing of ingame experience that big country users can have, than of some nearly irrelevant ads.

I don't think it is a matter of envy, in the same way that the "Advantage to smaller country teams? "(129389.1) thread is not about envy.

you're right, it (1)would be sort of unfair to users of countries without an efficient forum. but so it's also unfair for them that we have a shitload of people who play and analize the game since season 1, that (2)share game suggestions, help noobs, making the game-learning easier for new users who utilize the forums. actually i think we can easily agree that having expert users ready to help you in the forums is a much bigger ingame advantage than being able to post a transfer or scrimmage ad.
(1)That's 2xunfair speaking against having a transfer ad thread.
(2) you don't get any ingame advantage by being able to post transfer or scrimmage ads. Players don't sell at higher prices, as BB-Charles explained, and you can still arrange scrimmages. The difference with the new system is that users that are not so experienced or multilingual have an easier time arranging scrimmages. BB is a game in a global setting and we should all utilise any way we can to create an enviroment that welcomes new users and gives them somewhat equal starting conditions according to their origin, equal beeing the key word.

As many of the more organized nations have done, contact and administering the total aquired experience of a nation to new users is an important factor in getting people to discover and explore and commit to the game. Kudos goes out to all that willingly (or unwillingly ;P) share their experience and know-how. No doubt that the sharing of experience is a great attribution to the community. What I don't see is the correlation to having a transfer ad thread... Surely all these things can be done without forum transfer ads?

This Post:
130835.53 in reply to 130835.50
Date: 2/8/2010 11:05:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
if you have read some previous post,you can read the mine.If you haven't do it,I'll repeat it

If you want a global rule,let every countries to have their Transfer and Scrimmages threads,it will be a choice of the local Mods/Gms to keep open them.If their community not follow the rules and will cause them a lot of work,they will close the threads in their community as the right punshiment for their wrong behaviour

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 2/8/2010 11:05:36 AM

Advertisement