BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > S34 Salary floor increase: Comedy or drama?

S34 Salary floor increase: Comedy or drama?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277256.45 in reply to 277256.39
Date: 2/19/2016 4:56:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But I fully support Perpetes suggestion of a longer exception from the floor.
{and from another post}
So what if the actual application of the salary floor is phased in based on the league level?
Note the two bolded lines ... when you have to start changing and diluting a new feature that has been in effect less than a week, odds are it isn't a good feature.

I can't speak for Perpete, but for my part, I was simply proposing some ideas to address a specific perceived concern, that somehow there exists a class of poor new users for whom this additional boost to the salary floor will scuttle them pretty much permanently after their 16 week exception. Given the parameters thrown about (you, for example, saying they need to triple their initial salaries), it's essentially a new variation of the micronation argument.

I would imagine that for any level of remotely competent management, this won't become an issue. There may be edge cases (possibly a 10-12 user nation with very old, established teams and there a new team would get smacked around but never demote), but rather than make a decision unilaterally that there is (or is not) a problem, I generally prefer to consider possible alternatives to the perceived problem, as trying to solve a problem is infinitely better than "oh, it's impossible for {new teams / teams not training / teams not day trading / teams not in micronations / teams not in the top division} to accomplish goal X."

Last edited by GM-hrudey at 2/19/2016 4:57:20 PM

This Post:
277256.46 in reply to 277256.43
Date: 2/19/2016 4:59:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are they locked to the team? What I mean is whether the new manager can unwittingly dispose of them, because he doesn't know any better

This Post:
277256.48 in reply to 277256.47
Date: 2/19/2016 5:09:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes that makes sense, considering the announcement.

This Post:
277256.49 in reply to 277256.45
Date: 2/19/2016 6:03:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But I fully support Perpetes suggestion of a longer exception from the floor.
{and from another post}
So what if the actual application of the salary floor is phased in based on the league level?
Note the two bolded lines ... when you have to start changing and diluting a new feature that has been in effect less than a week, odds are it isn't a good feature.

I can't speak for Perpete, but for my part, I was simply proposing some ideas to address a specific perceived concern ...

I know. I give you credit for that. Many posts already are trying the same thing. I just favor making the roll-out as good as possible, so it doesn't need improvement in the first couple of days of its existence. Their focus was on tanking but who knows what they have done to new managers. Giving new managers an 18 year old prospect is a nice gesture, but it isn't going to help them address the salary floor, and at the rate players train up I don't think it is going to help much in their first or second season, the time frame of the "perceived problem."

This Post:
277256.51 in reply to 277256.50
Date: 2/20/2016 3:48:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is not real life, there should be no inflation at all.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Advertisement