BB Global (English) > Economy and draft

Economy and draft

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
182720.45 in reply to 182720.43
Date: 4/28/2011 2:41:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think we have to punish the manager that receives the money, it's just offer&demand.

Why we have to do a new rule that can have indirect effects on the market?

Just as an example the manager i bought him the player for 4,6M left the game...

This is not punish some manager,this is rebalance the game
Because some sales are really outliers in the market contests,and they don't have reasons to exist

And it's not necessary a new rule to make this,TPA yet exists and works well if there's the will to make it work ;D

This Post:
182720.46 in reply to 182720.34
Date: 4/29/2011 1:14:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The difference between this game, a computer simulation, and real life should be apparent. The game has to find ways, often very difficult, to simulate real life. It is my opinion that very few players of the same height and potential will begin with the exact same skill set, be trained exctly the same, or have the exact same skill set when they cease to be trained. A very basic search of the TL confirmed this for me. I searched 26 year old, 7'0" MVP guys. So if there is the possibility that they can be trained to be exactly the same, my search results showed that it just doesn't happen. The reality of training results is very different from the possibility. In my mind, this creates a result very similar to what happens in real life.

I don't feel any need to correct you. You have every right to interpret what I wrote however you choose. That's one of the great things about a forum. Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean you are wrong. I would say, in my defense, that I don't think it is narrow minded to say that parts of the game are parts of the game, or to say that a draft is and should be a random thing, with winners and losers roughly weighted for the worse teams to do better than the better teams.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
182720.47 in reply to 182720.46
Date: 4/29/2011 6:55:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To say that a TPA is necessary when two respected and legitimate managers become involved in a bid war is ludicrous. Supply and demand is a very simple concept. There is luck involved in the draft, as there should be. Although there are opportunities for managers to increase or decrease their odds of a successful draft based on what they are willing to invest. Risk and reward is also a very simple concept.
Tomorrow we can drive around this town...

This Post:
182720.48 in reply to 182720.47
Date: 4/29/2011 7:04:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
To say that a TPA is necessary when two respected and legitimate managers become involved in a bid war is ludicrous.

No it isn't
Because it would mean that the rules are not the same for all the users,because it means that for a mysterious and rarefied skill as "respectability of a user" some rules should not be applied -.-"

Why if two noobs make a bid war for a player,then TPA should exist?

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 4/29/2011 7:05:49 AM

This Post:
182720.49 in reply to 182720.48
Date: 4/29/2011 7:16:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am going to guess that the TPA exists because of inexperienced managers. If an experienced manager knowingly overbids on a player, something more than a TPA should happen.
Also, please attempt to not twist this into the same thing. An educated manager investing a large sum into a future star is not the same as a new one falling victim to a lame starting transfer price.

This Post:
182720.50 in reply to 182720.49
Date: 4/29/2011 7:38:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am going to guess that the TPA exists because of inexperienced managers. If an experienced manager knowingly overbids on a player, something more than a TPA should happen.
Also, please attempt to not twist this into the same thing. An educated manager investing a large sum into a future star is not the same as a new one falling victim to a lame starting transfer price.

No,I think that if someone want to overbid a player becuae he likes his skil set or the face or the name or for whatever reason,he is legit to do it,the system has only to correct the distortion than this action creates on the future game,and the system is TPA
And however TPA does not affect the user who spends the money,because the punishment to him is yet in the fact to overpay the player,the TPA subtract money that the seller does not deserve for that player

Then is logical that TPA has different size and should be calibrated case by case

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 4/29/2011 7:38:59 AM

This Post:
182720.52 in reply to 182720.1
Date: 5/2/2011 2:18:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'd like to take everyone on a journey. Don't worry about packing a bag, we'll be back before you even need to brush your teeth. Just hop in this time machine with me, and we'll travel back to Season 10.

*VOOOSH*

Look around at Season 10 with me. There's money everywhere!! Top teams are stuffed to the gills with it. The best players in the game are going for 6, 7, even as much as $10 million, in the case of a couple of NT centers (Elías Cárdenas of Mexico immediately comes to mind). What are draft picks going for? The 18yo HOF/ATG kids are going for less than $2M.

*VOOOSH*

Aaaand, we're back. I have no idea how to fix the current problem.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
182720.53 in reply to 182720.52
Date: 5/4/2011 8:12:56 AM
Cruesli
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
The Milk
Maybe we should fix the past to be in line with the present. Since we have a time machine........

Last edited by Tesse at 5/4/2011 8:13:15 AM

Crunchy! If you eat fast enough
This Post:
182720.54 in reply to 182720.53
Date: 5/5/2011 11:20:24 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
This reminds me of the time that I was living in a place that had ten seasons every year, and all them had a different color, like the sort of color you could taste, and they cost so much to have but it didn't matter since I had so much money, not money like we know it but sort of these electric fire things that didn't hurt, an no I meant seasons and not seasonings, I know the difference, I am not stupid, and I am not stupid, and the years went by fast, faster than a crayon on wax paper, which I certainly do not recommend eating, or not eating without toasting first, and my favorite season was the one that was sort like cinnamon and ketchup but grayish with purple haze, but I can no longer afford that since I need to save up for shoes and a new baseball glove to go with the tree, the one that grew during the cold olive green season about fourteen or fifteen years ago.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
182720.55 in reply to 182720.54
Date: 5/6/2011 9:14:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're my favorite.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
Advertisement