Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
262676.45 in reply to 262676.44
Date: 10/8/2014 3:43:22 AM
Sin City inFamous
IV.16
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you, i can accept doing it during Postseason, but, against who tanks and then build a superteam in last week against relegation or for promotion, it should not work. Yeah, it may be a problem for "injury issue" but take a new player it's always a risk, also in RL.

And during season i had same behaviour. The only difference is the high number of garbage matches which allow me to manage minutes easily.

This Post:
262676.46 in reply to 262676.45
Date: 10/9/2014 9:55:53 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
The problem with GS is that there is two much randomness to it. I have played players at 30 minutes and 80+ minutes and have had them pop to 9 GS. On the other hand I have had players with 60 minutes have their GS drop. The only I way I find to have any certainty with GS is to actually train it. Now, I see the point some managers are making that GS training gives teams who do not focus on training an unfair advantage; my suggestion is that teams be allowed to do both team training(GS, FT and Stamina) and player training in the same week. This would allow all teams to keep consistently high GS, or train FT or stamina even if they want to focus on player training. As well, it would likely encourage more managers to train players, which I think is important as the depth of Buzzerbeater's player pool could potentially weaken in the next 5-10 seasons due to the ongoing drop in user numbers.

Another idea is that managers be allowed to single position train players at every position each week (ie train OD for PG and IS for C in the same week). This would actually make it possible for managers to build a team, solely by training, that can compete at the highest levels (Div 1 and B3). It would also lower the price of great, salary efficient players,making easier for newer players to quickly compete with more experienced managers.

This Post:
262676.48 in reply to 262676.47
Date: 10/11/2014 3:33:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have always operated under the assumption that past weeks had an effect on GS, not that just week. For example, if a player has played 80+ minutes in previous weeks, his GS will jump much faster and higher if I only play him like 48-50 minutes that week, rather than the optimal 60-65. Under this assumption, I can usually predict my players gameshapes pretty well, obviously other than your players can drop from proficient to strong gameshape for seemingly no reason at all.

This Post:
262676.49 in reply to 262676.11
Date: 10/27/2014 2:58:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
They should remove the damn thing completely!

Make it dependent only to minutes management.

I don't fully agree here. Game Shape training does need to be in the game because this is a fantasy simulation. I know I have forgotten to set a scrimmage game training rotation in the past. In one particular case, it was the week before the playoffs!

If I did not have the option of GS training, I would of not promoted that season.

So while it may not be the greatest thing in the world, it does need to exist for time when team owners forget to log in.

I would be happy with GS training 3-4 times per year. That would protect me from my own stupidity... while not letting it get to abusive.

Hamakto

This Post:
262676.50 in reply to 262676.49
Date: 10/27/2014 5:35:38 PM
Neverwinter
CGBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Good point.