S30 changes

Set priority
Show messages by

To: ned
This Post:
266967.45 in reply to 266967.42
Date: 1/26/2015 6:07:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is a different topic altogether. They should rebalance teams between the 2 conferences based on record or ranking or whatever other criteria irrespective of the finals format. If one conference has the best 3 teams in the league they should be split. More simply they could swap the even numbers (teams ranked #2 in their conference are swapped, so are #4 and the #6 if they win the relegation playoff).

Last edited by Lemonshine at 1/26/2015 6:12:30 AM

This Post:
266967.46 in reply to 266967.45
Date: 1/26/2015 7:19:29 AM
DK Shaolins
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand many finals end with the same scenario (HCA's team wins game 1 and 3) but is it really such a big deal ? To be honest, i am not against rewards instead of tickets sales on game 3 but i don't see any interest in this change.

Like many managers have said before, you give up game 2 when you have HCA for many reasons :
- save enthusiasm for game 3
- prevent injuries for game 3
- minutes for training
- money

I guess this change won't change anything... Of course, i strongly dislike the idea of the last game being on a neutral ground. Firstly, it is unreal. Secondly, why fighting all-season long for HCA if you don't get it during finals ? Don't change HCA, this is the main part of play-offs and Basket-Ball leagues. If there is no HCA, PO make no sense !

This Post:
266967.48 in reply to 266967.47
Date: 1/26/2015 8:15:13 AM
DK Shaolins
I.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Like, i said i have no problem with this change.

I wrote this post because some managers have said they want the end of HCA on the 3rd game. I don't

This Post:
266967.50 in reply to 266967.47
Date: 1/26/2015 8:33:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also as I explained, it's not just the best team throwing the second game which is the problem. It's the weakest team crunching the second game to ensure there will be a third one. Now that having a third game is not a problem, they can play on the fact that the best team will tank the second game (since it seems always the case) and prepare the third game too. We may see some ugly second game in the next seasons, but also some surprises on the third.

So if enthusiasm is the problem there could be a better solution than taking away hard earned HCA: there is no more "take it easy" in the playoffs because both teams should play to win. Teams in the finals should try to win, too. Always. In each game. So why not "force" them to play playoff-CT by taking away the option "playoff-normal" for the finals?

Another option to punish throwing games in the finals would be easy, too: if a team throws a game in the finals its fans won't show up for game 2 or/and 3. This would make throwing games (out of financial reasons) silly.

Criteria for throwing a game:
- the away team plays with less effort and
- loses by 25+ points and
- didn't have its best players on the court.

Advertisement