Suggestions > Auto Bid

Auto Bid

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
129635.46 in reply to 129635.42
Date: 3/20/2010 7:11:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry my friend, I am not liking this idea.

The bidding is really the only "real time" aspect of the game and does give an advantage to people who are willing to put in the extra hours. I like that. It is also fun at times to be in a bidding wat although I do hate it when you have to do something else soon like go to class or dinner and the other guy insists in waiting until there are 10 seconds left every time before bidding.

The many people on/few people on aspect is also really good. I know that about 4PM local time there aren't many players up for sale but on the other hand there are often VERY few bidders too - only about 350 people online at that time yesterday, 1,800 a few hours later.

So I actually try to list my guys at peak time and buy them off peak.

If a guy will end while you know you will be asleep, at work etc then just put on a reasonable bid and hope. I think I only win 10% of these but it is nice when you do because you got a bargain. I usually bid just over the minimum TL value. If you want to be more confident just bid $1 over the maximum TL value (unless it is a crazy one) then I think you would win a much higher % of auctions but not get the great bargains.

For people who buy and sell players (not everyone does this very often, lots of players only do it at the start and end of seasons) there is a lot of skill and patience involved. I like it!

This Post:
129635.47 in reply to 129635.46
Date: 3/20/2010 7:24:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like it too, incase you couldn't tell :)

This Post:
129635.48 in reply to 129635.46
Date: 3/20/2010 7:28:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand your points, and in an ideal world I would probably rather bid on players myself. But I guess I thought part of the games goal is not to advantage players based on the amount of time they can put in. I.e. The more hours you put in shouldn't give an advantage in the game. I realise that you have found a way around the problem by only selling at peak hour times, and I do the same. But the problem, in my opinion, is that Aussies have to do this because otherwise their players won't sell for as much. This means that players from Australian teams (especially players that are Australian nationality) are being sold at peak hours, which means not many Australian teams are going to be on, and so we are losing all of our Australian bred players to other countries.

Having an autobid feature would decrease "peak hour" as players could sell at any time and still expect a reasonable sale price. This would decrease server load as it would spread purchasing of players over 24 hours rather than a few hours, it would also allow many Australians to bid on domestic players for their team without having to be awake at 3am to try and outbid the rest of the world.

Maybe an improvement on the Autobid feature could be that there are settings for the autobid. For example if you have an autobid running on a player, then you will appear to be online at any time that the autobid makes a bid and for a short duration after. You could have different "AI" for the auto bid. So you could choose a "Aggressive" option, where your auto bid will bid aggressively (raising by a lot) etc.

Last edited by Naker Virus at 3/20/2010 7:28:44 PM