Minor suggestion 2 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
202503.47 in reply to 202503.46
Date: 12/17/2011 5:40:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hello there...
From the thread in the Help folder, I just asked about "The World Rank and Country Rank's Points Calculation", and a friend direct me to the manual stated :

The winning team gets a bigger share of the ranking points for a game, but it doesn't get all of them. Precisely how many points are received depends upon the relative strength of the two teams. If the teams are evenly matched, then the winning team will receive 75% of the points, and the losing team the other 25%. An underdog who scores an upset will get nearly 100%, but a strongly favored team that takes home a predictable victory will receive only a bare majority.

But I still curious about how many exact point(s) would we get to win a League Match/Cup Match/B3 Match or even a scrimmage and otherwise how many point(s) would we loose if we lost our game?

And, I have an idea to make the BuzzerBeater' statistics more interesting by put a display of "Total Ranks' Points" in the Club Overview..
Quoted a friend's comment from the thread I've posted before :

I've always wanted to know how many points I have and how many more do I need to overtake the team above me. You should put this in the suggestions forums as soon as possible

Do you agree if it would be more interesting??

Happy BB!!!!
Regards from Indonesia!!
:D

Last edited by NJonC at 12/17/2011 5:46:30 AM

This Post:
202503.49 in reply to 202503.48
Date: 12/23/2011 9:50:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would also like to see totals of how many players they have bought and sold. Surely not that hard.

It would also be good if this list was sortable by price so all the $1k scrimmage bunnies didn't cloud the true picture.

This Post:
202503.51 in reply to 202503.50
Date: 12/27/2011 7:32:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hate it when there is 400 people on, you see a player at a bargain price who will really help your team. You bid, this will change things forever, your team is about to take a major step over. 20 seconds to go someone ups your bid. You re-up them straight away. Wait three minutes again and again 20 seconds before the end of the auction the up again with a minumum bid. You check their history, yup it is a day trader. You put in another bid, but again they try to win by boring you to death making you wait another nearly three minutes, after they have done this to you for 15 boring horrible minutes another real player joins the bidding who doesn't want the player at bargain price but is willing to pay top dollar and they exentually pay over the TPE for them.

Free agency has made a lot of money. The manager who bought the player got no bargain. The filthy daytrader scum is off to keep bidding on another player so they can flip them for a profit, as if any real basketball teams do this, and I had 20 minutes of real time totally wasted in a boring and frustrating way. This is the worst aspect of this game by a mile. That day-trading is the best way to improve your team for those willing to put in the hours of mind-numming tedium is pathetic. Forget LI, 2-3 zone, the draft, tanking, day trading is the biggest blight in this game by a mile.

And it is SO easy to fix. You don't need any new complex system. The system is already in place. There is already a minimum four day limit on how long between you buy and sell a player, make it four weeks. That is easy and realistic. You can always hire and fire guys if you want but a minimum four week salary contract just makes sense. How many day traders will want to hang onto guys for four weeks before they can sell? A big cut into their profits unless they are dealing in rookies. Simple.

This Post:
202503.53 in reply to 202503.52
Date: 12/28/2011 2:00:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I think blinding the amount would send those daytraders and deal hunters packing. You want a player, then show your money, show what you are willing to pay,and 5 minutes before the auction ends, not 20 minutes after.

What you're suggesting is, in essence, a waiver system. The owner of a player would set a minimum bid and other users would have the chance, blindly, to submit the maximum price they would be willing to pay. Highest bidder at the deadline wins. To make a system like this work, you would need to have a pending waiver order list, much like what you have in a fantasy sports league. This would be a nightmare to program for a game like this, not to mention if an idea like this was implemented, the economy would be thrown into chaos for a full season as users familiarize themselves with a totally different transfer process. The only feature this system would have over the current one is that it would give all users a fair shot at each listed player. But this isn't really a problem in the current system if you're willing to overbid for a player you supremely desire.

I wouldn't be opposed to the system you're suggesting, if it had been implemented in the beginning. With regards to the TL, I have to agree with Yoda. I'd like to see some of the draconian measures implemented to curb daytrading actually be draconian. Namely: a higher salary floor, 11 day transfer period, and a restructuring of the transfer penalty system. If you sell a player within the first 4 weeks of ownership, you shouldn't receive more than 66% of the transfer price.

Message deleted
Advertisement