Minor Suggestions (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
3910.475 in reply to 3910.474
Date: 1/3/2009 12:23:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cool idea.
What about making trades? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you are currently able to trade a player, and it'd be a great addition to be able to.

This Post:
3910.476 in reply to 3910.475
Date: 1/3/2009 12:35:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Trading a player makes it easy to cheat imo. If you trade a player then there is no way anyone can have a say in the matter. If you want to sell a good player for example to your friend with a bargain price others can ruin it by outbidding the friend.
So No To TRADING please!

This Post:
3910.477 in reply to 3910.476
Date: 1/3/2009 12:38:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, it will be pretty much impossible to cheat, because the rest of the league has to agree that it is a fair trade. So if you are trying to make a friend's team really good, it would be obvious, and people would just say no to the deal.

This Post:
3910.478 in reply to 3910.477
Date: 1/3/2009 1:24:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's just so wrong on so many levels. You just started this game right? If so play for atleast a month before suggesting stuff...
Trading within league has small playerbase for one. Secondly people in your league might not log in for 3 weeks and will you wait for that? How will bots vote? Does everyone get to see the skills as the salary does not make a player. What if I just want to buy a bad player cheap and try to trade it for a good one, without new team starters knowing anything about skills etc. Making money in that case.
As I have been fighting cheating in every game I help to run or play, I tend to see a lot more ways of cheating (yes I am paranoid already:D). Imo there are a lot of fishy transfers in BB anyway, prolly most of them do not get caught (yes I report em every time I see one of the many headed dragons).
Even with solid proof and ip bans they can get to this game over and over again. Usually cheaters will not bother to keep trying unless they see real money gain in this which BB does not offer. Some other games on the other hand:D So let's not add things that can easily be abused or extreamly rarely used (league trading).

BR;
Kukoc

This Post:
3910.479 in reply to 3910.478
Date: 1/3/2009 1:38:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Everyone does not need to vote. Bots don't need to vote because as long as one person rules it's unfair, the trade is cancelled, so if the trade is really unfair, it will be cancelled and you won't have to wait for 3 weeks like you said. Everyone can see the skills, by seeing if it says respectable, strong, etc. New starters can make the same mistake on bidding on a guy(overpaying way too much), so I don't see how you would be able to take any more advantage then you already can over newbies.
P.S. I don't see why it would be rarely used, as there are a good amount of active people, even for all the ones who aren't active. And I already talked about how it won't be abused.

This Post:
3910.480 in reply to 3910.479
Date: 1/3/2009 1:56:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But do you understand that it's dumb to make a transfer need confirmation from other users, why add a 3 way function to already working 2 way function? Buying is simple and selling is simple there is no need for a trade player.
Just to humor you... Trade deadline would be what? one week? how many votes will it need? 1, 2, 4, 0? if zero then you just wait out the time fingers crossed that noone notices. If atleast one then without one the deal does not go through -> waiting forever. Many lower leagues have if that 3-5 somewhat active teams. Forums are usually dead. Can you trade any spot for anything?
For example 2 of my rivals do not have tthe money to buy players, one has 3 great pg's and is weak @ C, the other one has 3 great C's and weak @ PG. They propose a trade. I will say 2873109283098 times unfair and deal does not go through:)+ I get to know their ratings so that's great;) I could prolly give endless examples on similar issues.

This Post:
3910.481 in reply to 3910.477
Date: 1/3/2009 2:22:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, it will be pretty much impossible to cheat, because the rest of the league has to agree that it is a fair trade. So if you are trying to make a friend's team really good, it would be obvious, and people would just say no to the deal.

This absolutely will not happen.

The negatives so outweigh the positives it's alarming.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
3910.482 in reply to 3910.481
Date: 1/3/2009 2:53:44 PM
Rashmonsters
III.7
Overall Posts Rated:
Notice how my double teaming suggestion worked in shutting down the trade idea.

Just saying...

;)

This Post:
3910.484 in reply to 3910.483
Date: 1/3/2009 7:16:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Would it not be more realistic to let new owners just inherit the abandoned teams if a new owner joins in the middle of a season? It starts out by saying that new players are newly hired GMs, so why not just let them take that situation. It will decrease the number of retired players as time progresses.

Why do we need to decrease the number of retired players?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
3910.485 in reply to 3910.483
Date: 1/4/2009 7:45:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Would it not be more realistic to let new owners just inherit the abandoned teams if a new owner joins in the middle of a season? It starts out by saying that new players are newly hired GMs, so why not just let them take that situation. It will decrease the number of retired players as time progresses.

And what if the previous owner had sold all but 1 player for a laugh before leaving the game? The new GM would be at a massive disadvantage.

Advertisement