BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > The BloodyEagles Timeses! (Unofficial Newspaper of the BloodyEagles)

The BloodyEagles Timeses! (Unofficial Newspaper of the BloodyEagles) (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
241004.48 in reply to 241004.46
Date: 5/4/2013 2:11:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What more proof do you need? There have been several outrageously high bids on players that have absolutely no value. At least Dionysus buys higher potential young 2k scrubs, so that way he has some justification that perhaps some newbie team overpaid for the potential, although when it' s happened as many times as it's still quite obviously not coincidence. In the case of BloodyEagles, the players he sold have no redeeming qualities, and everyone here knows he was cheating. Is it because probably every smart cheater uses a proxy so the IP addresses aren't the same that you can't "prove" anything? Because if so, that's B.S.

In the interests of full disclosure I'll admit that the reason this case is personally frustrating is because I got banned from my last team for multi-accounting, even though I wasn't farming and I kept my teams completely separate. So for me to get banned while several high-level players like BloodyEagles and Dionysus are flagrantly abusing the system for their own benefit is ridiculous IMO.

This Post:
241004.49 in reply to 241004.48
Date: 5/4/2013 2:58:03 AM
Cassville Yuck
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yuckville Cass
This is probably the sentiment of just about everyone that has posted in this thread.

I have put several years into my franchise. If this crap is allowed, I let my supporter run out and quietly fade into the sunset.

To: Yuck
This Post:
241004.50 in reply to 241004.49
Date: 5/4/2013 3:22:52 AM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
This is probably the sentiment of just about everyone that has posted in this thread.

I have put several years into my franchise. If this crap is allowed, I let my supporter run out and quietly fade into the sunset.

I can assure you, no crap is allowed. Every time a user is reported for anything, the GM's take the reports very serious, investigate, and act accordingly. When a player is busted for an infraction, that information is not made public or discussed in league forums...sometimes other players continue to report a player or complain about that player even after he's faced consequences for an infraction.

Everything is taken serious, and everyone from the BB's, to the GMs to the everyday players know that the game is only as good as the integrity behind it. The tools that BB has to detect cheating, and aid in investigations are quite sophisticated...please rest assured every effort is made to stop those who abuse the rules, or to simply remove blatant cheaters from the game.

This Post:
241004.51 in reply to 241004.48
Date: 5/4/2013 10:41:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Eagles does not operate two teams. We have many tools at our disposal like Jason said that can determine this. We are not stupid. We have a ton of experience investigating multi team claims and other cheater cases. I have fined and banned hundreds of teams in the past year for cheating. I don't know how to explain this to you people any more clearly than this. We're not allowed to talk about specifics of anyone's history but rest assured many reports have been lodged against them and others and every case has been handled appropriately. We don't publicly report any of this so that's why you are never informed of any verdicts but please you have to trust us that we are doing a fine job with this. Just because a team isn't banned doesn't mean that they aren't disciplined in other ways.

Edit: I just realized I wrote almost a copy of what Jason wrote. Whatever. At least you know we're telling the truth then, ha.

Last edited by GM-namssor at 5/4/2013 10:43:21 AM

This Post:
241004.52 in reply to 241004.51
Date: 5/4/2013 11:26:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hopefully any such penalties included a 9 million dollar fine or subsequent removal of equivalent value in arena and/or players. Otherwise he got away with it. He accepted a lot of money for players that were not close to within their value. Not just a couple but like 40 of them. A deduction to slightly over the appropriate sales price would be only fair.

This Post:
241004.53 in reply to 241004.51
Date: 5/4/2013 11:35:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Could I ask why disciplinary action is so secretive? I would think that it would be more of a deterent to future cheaters if it is actually common knowledge that cheaters are actually dealt with. I realize there is the note saying how many cheaters have been banned this week but its just a number.

Several seasons ago I had someone cheat in my league. I reported it and nothing seemed to happen so I reported it again. I received a BB mail from a GM saying he had been banned but also said I would be disciplined if I repeated the conversation to anyone.

Thanks

This Post:
241004.54 in reply to 241004.53
Date: 5/4/2013 1:10:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Could I ask why disciplinary action is so secretive?

History has shown justice is best served without the prying eyes of the public and media. It's why North Korea stands as a beacon of light for fairness to humanity and an example for the rest of the world.

edit - i really have something against the preview button. you would think i'd have learned after my 50% career success rate in spell-checking initial posts.

Last edited by brian at 5/4/2013 1:12:17 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
241004.55 in reply to 241004.54
Date: 5/4/2013 2:44:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lol, thanks a lot for the political answers that dance around the questions and answer nothing GMs.

This Post:
241004.56 in reply to 241004.51
Date: 5/4/2013 3:07:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I trust that you guys have experience and know what you're doing, but I'm still not convinced. If BloodyEagles is not managing these teams, there are two alternatives: either he knows managers of other teams IRL and convinced them to make illegal trades to try to help his team (improbable when the trades involved many other teams from many other countries). The other alternative is that all of those massively overpriced trades were legitimately made by some other buyer. Since there is absolutely no reason that even a new player with no understanding of the game would covet one of those players enough to spend hundreds of thousands of $$ on one of them, then it seems way too improbable to be a coincidence. Both of these theories are possible, but the simplest, most logical solution is that he simply created all of these teams himself, and has avoided confirmed detection by whatever cheating tools and GMs are assigned to his case. As someone who formerly multi-accounted on the advice of an IRL friend who did in fact operate teams in multiple countries, I know for a fact that it is possible to create and operate many different teams for years without detection.

I'm not trying to criticize you or suggest you don't know how to do your job, but no system's perfect and people are always coming up with new ways to game the system. How else would you explain the prolificness of these transfers if you think they were not intentionally made to transfer money from other teams to BloodyEagles?

This Post:
241004.57 in reply to 241004.56
Date: 5/4/2013 4:58:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the most telling thing in this whole thread is the deafening silence from Eagle. I think if it were me I would at least have presented some sort of explanation. The automatic response when someone accused me of cheating if I weren't would be to at least defend myself a little. But the only comments he's made in this thread have had the tone of an man avoiding self-incrimination. I'm not saying he should be banned on the basis of silence, but Eagle if you're reading this, maybe some sort of explanation as to how this is in any way legit would be nice and maybe get some of these people off your back.

Again, not accusing anyone of anything, or saying that hes guilty because hes silent, just saying that the perception of him now is one of a cheat, and maybe now would be a good time, if the community is wrong, to set them straight.

This Post:
241004.58 in reply to 241004.57
Date: 5/4/2013 5:14:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am keeping my silence because I really have nothing to say to shikago and I hate arguing. But, hey, since you want to know and you're asking nicely (plus that I really like your NT posts), here's my respond:

No, I am not a cheater. Tin Man said something about one person can control that many teams around the world. I don't know how to do that. And regarding my +surplus, it's not that complicated. People value players differently. Some might think a player doesn't worth much while others disagree. I place my players at high values. I don't have a "force bid" button. People buy what they want to buy.

Last edited by Eagle at 5/4/2013 5:24:52 PM

Advertisement