Suggestions > 4th Qrt Tactics

4th Qrt Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
124105.49 in reply to 124105.48
Date: 1/11/2010 11:37:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Wrong. I see things in a lot of ways. Can draw conclusions -> What happens if I change this etc. You just want the change without really seeing the outcome. You can call me immature or anything you want. I do not get offended by forum comments:) Why do you get offended about my comment is bizarre.
The fact remains, if you are still on par with newly registered teams after 5 seasons, you lack knowledge on game fundamentals. There is nothing wrong about playing in the 4-th 5-th league if you like it so much. I just dislike it, when you suggest something that just makes tactics a big mess and random luck thing.
NB! Your addition that crap teams should have chance against good teams. The managers have worked hard to build up their team. If they would still be on par with a person who just logs in once a week. Does not upgrade arena, nor buys players and watches his 26 yo-ds getting team training. And still is able to win against him with just tactics. What point would this game have then?
You want to win -> you fail to win -> you want a change.
This is just my opinion.

Last edited by Kukoc at 1/11/2010 11:39:36 AM

This Post:
124105.50 in reply to 124105.45
Date: 1/11/2010 12:01:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the offense adjust, too. And if you choose the right tactic from beginning is it also better at the end of the game - so the adjustement don't equalize the setting, they made it less worse.

I don't think so. Where your best shots are might change, but that would be mostly because of changing defense rather than adjusting offenses.

the defense is in favour of the change but if i had the bb right in my mind also the offense change, i believe you could see it also in games against 1-3-1 where the shots inside get higher after a while.

But if you choose the right defense, if the offense adjust to it with babysteps the defense will follow close so that the adjustment are really small and sometimes even back to the game plan. With defense adjustment, you often make them in the right direction, with the offense haven't the space to make their tactics more extrem because it already start at an "end".

This Post:
124105.51 in reply to 124105.47
Date: 1/11/2010 12:06:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
why not let the managers make those adjustments and decide for example, who should be their second choice for shooting? Would also be an addition and a way to take part in the game action.

because you don't have the first option, nrormally the teams look for their best oppurtunity not that layer X scores ;) Like they do it here right now.

Again, my point is: When I watch the gameviewer, I don't really see any decisions I took being used. I feel having no influence on the game.

i could easily tell, what tactics plays in the offense, and if i know the teams a bit also i could make a pretty good guess about the defense ;)

Having the game engine do everything for me takes away the attractivity of watching the game.

you can interact also with your system, because you had to make it before. You have powerful tactics currently, so use 'em.

And I had another idea for another "what, if" situation, which is very common in Basketball: "If team scores, full court press/trap".

Scuh change i could imagine, even if i don't find it necessary ;) A thing i would like, is more varitions of pressing. Like press to take time from the clock, or go for steal and after pressing fall back into 2-3 Zone for example.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/11/2010 12:09:29 PM

This Post:
124105.52 in reply to 124105.51
Date: 1/11/2010 12:20:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A thing i would like, is more varitions of pressing. Like press to take time from the clock, or go for steal and after pressing fall back into 2-3 Zone for example

Very good idea. What do you think of being able to put that in kind of a "if -situation-, then -modification of tactic-". For example, "If team -losing- after -46 minutes-, then change tactics to -press and stop time-".

I am in favor of giving more power to the managers to decide how their teams should play and adjust to things. There are often adjustments done by the game engine I imagine many managers are not always satisfied with or would like to have done differently.

Last edited by Coach Ash at 1/11/2010 12:21:05 PM

This Post:
124105.53 in reply to 124105.52
Date: 1/11/2010 12:29:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think you could make a seperate end game setup, but i am not sure if the additional complexity about something which is rarely used might scare newbies and make take to much time to set up for some veterans. Maybe the firs step to it would be a over worked endgame logic, like clockmanagment which is purely engine driven would be enough(or fine)

To the "if's" i can imagine only few scenarios where these could work without screwing the engine, so maybe change starter and reserve is possibly but tactical adjustment i really think will screw the game up - the baby step in bringing in other player could be possible.

This Post:
124105.54 in reply to 124105.49
Date: 1/11/2010 12:31:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You want to win -> you fail to win -> you want a change.
This is just my opinion.

Well I can just repeat that for me this game is not only about winning. I think for someone like you that would be the case, but that shows again (thanks god) how different we are. So out of your "opinion" I take the following conclusion:
You win right now -> you don't want a change -> game should not be improved, because things might get harder then for you

That's my opinion. From now on I will be ignoring you, so better don't waste time to write anything.

This Post:
124105.55 in reply to 124105.53
Date: 1/11/2010 1:04:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

To the "if's" i can imagine only few scenarios where these could work without screwing the engine, so maybe change starter and reserve is possibly but tactical adjustment i really think will screw the game up - the baby step in bringing in other player could be possible.

We agreed upon adjustments that are made throughout the gameplay by the game engine already, right? So why should the game engine be screwed up, if some adjustments are cancelled or are modified to take place differently than originally implemented by the game engine?

This Post:
124105.56 in reply to 124105.55
Date: 1/11/2010 1:09:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the big change you like is the tactic, and for that we already had the discussion ;)

Last edited by CrazyEye at 1/11/2010 1:09:22 PM

This Post:
124105.57 in reply to 124105.56
Date: 1/11/2010 4:03:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And a first step to that big change ;) would be just an additional setup category where you can choose that whether or not you want to play intentional foul to stop the time in the last 2 minutes IF your team is behind. it's a very small step but a start. and later the "if, then" factors could be introduced.

I also wanted to make clear: I am not suggesting unlimited "if' then..." tactic modifications. I think there should be a limit like 4 "if, then" modifications maximal possible. Some ifs will not happen, therefore not all modifications will actually take place.

for example: one of your "if' then" modification wish would be: "if team -down by 10 points- after -20- minutes of game switch to -full court defense- in defense and -look inside- in offense" and you're not down by ten points but by 5, that modification will not be done.

This Post:
124105.58 in reply to 124105.57
Date: 1/11/2010 4:20:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i am not a fan of tactics switch during a game.

This Post:
124105.59 in reply to 124105.58
Date: 1/11/2010 4:29:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
well I am but I think by now you know. I think it belongs to basketball. you don't play with one tactic the whole game, you must be flexible and react. otherwise you wouldn't need coaches on the bench. you could train a bunch of guys in the practice and then tell them: go out and play run and gun! and they would do it.

Coaches are there to modify and react on game situations. If you can't do that, then a significant part of the fun being coach/manager is missing. I still love this game more than any other bball simulation online. what I suggest would just be an improvement of an already very good game.

Advertisement