BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Cross-Training is probably going to ruin the game.

Cross-Training is probably going to ruin the game.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
187917.6 in reply to 187917.5
Date: 6/22/2011 5:16:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think most of them have been discussed in the suggestion forum for some time.
1. People was complaining about tanking teams so they had the salary roof.
2. People was asking for better ways to train so they came up with cross training.
3. People was complaining about better protection of NT players so they made so all fired players end up on the TL.
4. People was complaining over that the best players(highest salary) was not used as the best players in BB. So they cut their salary a bit more then other players.
5. People was complaining about long time injury's so they made them go away under the off season.
6. People have been asking for more stats/ranking forever so they implemented some more.

1. no roof and the floor does not solve this problem
2. nobody knows how this will work and I predict it wont solve the problem
3. hooray
4. not solved, unless you consider the Iranian supervillains a sustainable squad
5. hooray
6. the ranking? thats no stat

This Post:
187917.7 in reply to 187917.6
Date: 6/22/2011 5:28:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I believe that everything that BB`s do are for the best interests of the game. After saying that what is the point of the corssing training? I believe that is "normalize" a bit more the game, if you tell me that in the real life there exists as many awesome players as there are in the game, then i would say ok thats a bad change, but as the BB´s try to make the game more realistic then they have my vote!.

This Post:
187917.8 in reply to 187917.7
Date: 6/22/2011 6:36:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lemme just say, compared to some of the online sport manager games I play, the BB team is working somewhere near Warp 8.

Fantastic job. Could it be better? Sure. But I'll say it's the only one of these games I've considered even becoming a paying customer for. I haven't yet, but I stress the yet.

As for whether the cross training is going to ruin the game, it seems impossible to know until we have some idea of how extensive it will be.

This Post:
187917.10 in reply to 187917.1
Date: 6/22/2011 7:18:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Word

This Post:
187917.11 in reply to 187917.10
Date: 6/22/2011 8:06:33 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
What people don't realise or understand, is that it take a lot of time in coding and testing to make a big change. Who says the BB's are sitting in their homes doing nothing? Odds are they are in the process of making "the next big thing" so why not let the BB's release these simpler aesthetic features that take a fraction of the time to make. It doesn't mean they aren't working on the stuff we all will be thrilled about....

And even then their will be people complaining about how the big change sucks and is not what we need, and will be demanding another major thing. I mean the BB's announced a brand new training program, and 90% of the posts I've seen are pointing out the negative in it.

So my advice, and it's probably the advice a BB would give, is just to be patient. Changes will come....

Last edited by oriolekid at 6/22/2011 8:07:39 PM

This Post:
187917.12 in reply to 187917.6
Date: 6/23/2011 1:12:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just because police don't stop all crime doesn't mean that having police is worse than not having them. Making a salary floor is a measure to help limit tanking. You don't know if it has worked or not. If someone wants to tank they will. This makes it less attractive to some.

Good prediction. I, however, predict it will solve every problem known to training. It is pointless to predict one way or the other before we see how it works out over the entire course of a trainee's training, no?

hooray

I never saw this as a problem and I use Meidling Parrots- in your league, I believe- as an example. The game makes you make choices. If you want to have a star you can have one. Period. I believe it was you who argued that Turbato and co. would be fighting relegation this year. At this moment they are not fighting for relegation but fighting for a playoff spot, the same as your team.

hooray

statistic- A statistic (singular) is a single measure of some attribute of a sample (e.g. its arithmetic mean value). It is calculated by applying a function (statistical algorithm) to the values of the items comprising the sample which are known together as a set of data.
So, umm... great new stat for us stat nerds!!!

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
187917.13 in reply to 187917.6
Date: 6/23/2011 2:37:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe you have not encountered this one yet?

(/league/2329/stats.aspx)

This is not wholly mentioned and was not there season ago I believe..Stats it is...

1. People was complaining about tanking teams so they had the salary roof.
2. People was asking for better ways to train so they came up with cross training.
3. People was complaining about better protection of NT players so they made so all fired players end up on the TL.
4. People was complaining over that the best players(highest salary) was not used as the best players in BB. So they cut their salary a bit more then other players.
5. People was complaining about long time injury's so they made them go away under the off season.
6. People have been asking for more stats/ranking forever so they implemented some more.

I really agree with this; people complain a lot but pls appreciate BB with the work done!

4. not solved, unless you consider the Iranian supervillains a sustainable squad

Sustainable or not is not the issue here..if a team want B3 that badly than congratulate him.. Laim tried it last year and proven that money does not necessarily buy you the title...

This Post:
187917.15 in reply to 187917.12
Date: 6/23/2011 4:33:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I never saw this as a problem and I use Meidling Parrots- in your league, I believe- as an example. The game makes you make choices. If you want to have a star you can have one. Period. I believe it was you who argued that Turbato and co. would be fighting relegation this year. At this moment they are not fighting for relegation but fighting for a playoff spot, the same as your team.

The parrots are in a very weak division and have been fighting the relegation ever since. Austrias DIV I had one or two teams tanking/quitting plus a chanceless promoted team every year (same this season), so I consider our league pretty weak in general. I think you wont find a team like the parrots playing as "successful" as them in a top division.

A 400k player + couple of bums-team is not working well.

Advertisement