BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Who should I train? Who should I sell?

Who should I train? Who should I sell?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
227876.5 in reply to 227876.4
Date: 10/2/2012 3:40:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ninja-ed by my mentor!

Listen to Tangosz. He knows what he's talking about.

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
This Post:
227876.6 in reply to 227876.3
Date: 10/2/2012 3:45:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree, prospect 1 looks better, but if he can keep both until the end of the season or so he can get way more for prospect 2. Nonetheless, 2 great trainees, anyone would like to have em both in their roster. Also, having 2 trainees is good as they can train together, which I like...

This Post:
227876.7 in reply to 227876.6
Date: 10/2/2012 7:41:29 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Bigs are cheap on the TL, Guards are not. Bigs skyrocket in salaries, Guards don't tend to do that too much. Big has 1 OD, which is basically overkill for a PF and would actually make him a C. The guard on the other hand, has pretty decent secondaries you could pop into later on. Logic is

Train Guard, sell PF after getting about 3 OD pops. Make sure though to keep track of his salary. Two ways to keep track is going to Buzzer Manager (I like this one a lot) (http://www.buzzer-manager.com/en/maj_ligue/)

If you want a very accurate one go to the USA Offsite and sign up (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/)

Both rely on having a BB Key so set that up first before anything.

also. If you see he's getting to be almost a lil too much for you to keep, just train some ID and that wil keep him a minimal.

So in the end with the HOF Guy you could have a LI SG. Which means you could play him at SF or SG, depending on whether the opponent is a Look Inside team or not (they go to Bigs for scoring)

this is what I'd aim for: 13/11/15/11/11/13-/7/12?/X/X-/X/X

the question mark is wheter he'd ever get to 12 ID depends on how fast he trains.

hope this advice helps you

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
227876.8 in reply to 227876.7
Date: 10/2/2012 8:52:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
tough, the 12ID is pointless. He's never gonna be a SF. His inside starting skills are too low for a 6'3" guy.

Fat Free Donut, if you train "Pressure," you get a little inside defense. That bit of ID on top of the average ID he already has will be plenty to stop the guards he'll face. By the time you get to 15 OD, you'll be at 8ID, which should more than suffice in most situations.

Join the official USA offsite forum for helper tools, camaraderie and advice! (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) – Builder of the Training Simulator: (229484.1) – Former host of the Golden Clam Invitational (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
This Post:
227876.9 in reply to 227876.1
Date: 10/3/2012 2:34:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not as experienced in the development of talent, so i cant be completely useful to you in that regard, and will withdraw any comments about your SG other than to say that he looks like a great talent for you to use. What i do know a lot about is market strategy, as i've been doing a lot of analysis on it over the length of my stay in Buzzer Beater

I don't think the play on the PF is to develop his atrocious skills. Doing a quick market search, the amount of 18 year old with HOF potential alone are pretty small over the course of the next few weeks. Most of these come in with unreasonable expectations for the dollars they're asking, but as you may or may not have noticed most of the guys on the market that are in the 300's are getting plays regardless of whether or not they're good. And who knows, some might get into the mid 400's. I think rather than wait until 19 where the market is saturated with almost twice the amount of 4k salaried guys, and they're drawing closer to 200-300 rather than 300-400.

Long story short, you made a not so good buy on the PF imo. I think however that a 70-80% recovery of the buy is possible upon exit of his 1 week injury, and that would be my advice to you. Dont set the price too high trying to get profit back.

This Post:
227876.10 in reply to 227876.9
Date: 10/3/2012 10:23:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks guys. I think you all make valid points and I definitely appreciate the insight. I probably made a bit of an impusle buy with this PF. I was actually on the market for a semi-decent PG and then got wrapped up in the Bidding process for this PF. Long story short, I think the best move is to resell him and recoup some of my losses. We'll see what I can get for him.

In the interm, I'm going to keep training OD with my SG for probably the remainder of the season. I've been told that defense pops slowly so my strategy is to train that as much as possible while he's still 18 so that I can get it at a decent level by the end of his first year. Then, I'll start training some of the other traits. He has good JS abilities so I think I'll start the 1-on-1 training to boost his handling and driving abilities. I don't have a great PG prospect so I think maybe I'll try to get a cheap PG who I can train with him. We'll see. thanks for all of the advice.

This Post:
227876.11 in reply to 227876.5
Date: 10/6/2012 10:54:25 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
nah he doesnt (hes just another manager on the block)

JK.

Tango knows me so he knows im joking.

This Post:
227876.12 in reply to 227876.10
Date: 10/6/2012 4:17:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at 450k, i think you did just fine selling the PF. Someone else made a bit of an impulse buy on someone probably worth 350k based on his vitals.

Again, i'm not the expert in training, but i fancy myself as good at putting together a roster. I'd cut Xiao and TL the Lampis and Levente. Levente has too little potential, so he won't really develop. He's just not worth spending 2-3 seasons on because he'll cap out in development and leave you with a good D.V or D.IV player, but someone that wont help you going forward when you aspire to get up to D.III.

Even as a new GM, you have a good shot to get out of the relegation in D.IV based on not only your side of the league, but the league as a whole amongst relegation teams. The 6th place team on the other side is pretty nasty, but the 7th place team over there, and the 5th and 7th place teams on your side are all potentially winnable games. Keep looking for the right price on a player that is a few years south of 32, and you should be able to build your arena and team around the talent you are developing now.

This Post:
227876.13 in reply to 227876.12
Date: 10/19/2012 10:24:03 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey man thanks for the advice. I thought I got a decent amount back for the PF in the end. I went and bought a couple PG's who I can train alongside my SG so that my guard rotation gets a little stronger. I've also been able to bump up my SG a bit so his stats are improving.

I agree I think right now I haev the inside track to staying in D4. I'm in 5th right now and I play the 6th place team (which is better than me) in a couple weeks. I will probably round off the season by beating the lower seeded teams in my division which hopefully solidify me in 5th. Not bad for my first season I think. Basically, I'm just going to keep training my guards and once next season begins I'll look for an older, veteran center and a small forward to give me some defense and rebounding.

This Post:
227876.14 in reply to 227876.13
Date: 1/16/2013 3:20:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1 season later

Weekly salary: $ 4 740
Role: regular starter
(BuzzerBeta)

DMI: 80000
Height: 6'3" / 190 cm
Potential: hall of famer
Game Shape: proficient
Jump Shot: strong
Jump Range: respectable
Outside Def.: prolific ↑
Handling: mediocre
Driving: mediocre
Passing: inept
Inside Shot: awful
Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: awful
Shot Blocking: atrocious
Stamina: mediocre
Free Throw: respectable

Experience: atrocious

This Post:
227876.15 in reply to 227876.14
Date: 1/17/2013 9:59:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like the OD, but what happened to the HA/DR/PA?

Advertisement