Suggestions > Make Bots Weaker

Make Bots Weaker

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
5420.5 in reply to 5420.4
Date: 11/2/2007 2:28:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Gotta agree with this suggestion. Perhaps the bots should be only as good as typical backup players. That way, if you choose to TIE against them, it's a gamble that you might lose. But when you play your starters, you SHOULD handle them easily.

This Post:
5420.6 in reply to 5420.5
Date: 11/2/2007 4:35:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree with you...

This Post:
5420.7 in reply to 5420.2
Date: 11/2/2007 9:15:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There was a game where one team didn't have any players, and so it was a forfeit, but they went ahead and played a scrimmage against some fans. The final score was something like 167-14 and the walkon-team only had 4 shots from the field, but were something like 12-80 at FT. The real team committed dozens of fouls, one player had 22, and most had 6. It was if they thought the fans were a court invasion and they were tackling them.

BTW, in your game what was the "undefined" event at 4:48 of the 4Q?

This Post:
5420.8 in reply to 5420.7
Date: 11/3/2007 7:23:45 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
i don't know.. that's BB-Oxidus's area.. some sort of match viewer bug... looked like it should have said scored.. don't know why it didn't.

This Post:
5420.9 in reply to 5420.7
Date: 11/5/2007 7:23:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BTW, in your game what was the "undefined" event at 4:48 of the 4Q?

It was a goaltending call. It's fixed now.

This Post:
5420.10 in reply to 5420.2
Date: 2/25/2008 12:12:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, ¿are you gonna make BOTs weaker?

Just a little, not much, is what we ask.

And did you find why BOT teams receive so many fouls?

Thanks

This Post:
5420.11 in reply to 5420.2
Date: 2/25/2008 1:21:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If I may make a suggestion as to why...

The Bot teams use a default line-up and (I think) have their substitution pattern set to Let Coach Decide. The Bot coach always sends out what the ME thinks is the best player for each position whereas us human players may pick players according to training needs and they might not be the best player for a given match-up.

but maybe there is something unexpected going on.

Ahhhh....the wonderful feeling of emergent behaviour!

Or it might just be random.

This Post:
5420.12 in reply to 5420.11
Date: 2/25/2008 2:42:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
After you've been training for a little bit...beating bots aren't really that difficult. Especially, because their tactics are fixed.

Steve

This Post:
5420.13 in reply to 5420.4
Date: 3/1/2008 12:01:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, this is progress.

When the game engine designer agrees with you on a game engine change, that's generally a good sign. ;)

I can't realy see Forest agreeing on a change. I saw him reeling in pain, and being confused. This does not have to mean he needs to change something right away.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
5420.14 in reply to 5420.5
Date: 3/1/2008 12:15:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
But when you play your starters, you SHOULD handle them easily.

not agreeing at all here.
you basically say that if your 5 best men are all 2000 to 2500 wage men and you field them as starters you should automatically win from a bot team that fields 2500 to 4000 wage men as starters? And even regardless of the tactics you set??

If you manage your team well (meaning training players and using income to buy better ones and stuff) you will soon get a team that is better and you should get equal or maybe better players than the bot teams. Then with the proper use of tactics you should be able to beat them. Once in a while you might loose a game still, but certainly not half of your games. If this is the case I say you do something wrong, and it's not because the bots are to strong.
Be honest, a bot team is predictable, even with some lesser players you can pull of a win.
Ofcourse if a manager has an attitude of: ah it's a bot, should win anyhow I play, let's experiment, or, I don't need to look into it for tactics, it's an easy win anyway then he might (and should) loose! It's okay to experiment, but don't be mad about loosing in that case. If you realy try to win, and you manage your team right, and use your brains to set your players and tactics, and use your money to improve your team you will win 9 out of 10.
I never lost to a bot so far, but I might somday, and I won't blame the bot, I will look for the cause and try to avoid it a next time. If the bot team was to strong, okay, then so be it, then I need to try to make my team stronger for the future.

Players leave if they loose to many games against bots??
Seriously I don't think they are ment to stay a long time anyway.
say bots where easely beaten, the manager who would leave if he lost to often now stays, whoohoo wins all over, easy easy, then he suddenly is confronted with some extra human players, and starts loosing (don't tell me he won't , because he couldn't win to a bot that plays on normal strength, so he sure ain't gonna beat a human on normal strength!) , after he sees he can't win his games anymore, he'll quit! Endnote: a quitter, is a quitter, he will always find a reason or something to blame.

The fact a bot team always picks the same tactics and always plays normal so you know it's enthousiasm is at exactly 5 all the time is enough of a weakness for a bot, and strength for a human player to outsmart it. Should it be impossible, then one might ask why bots get significantly better players than starting human teams in the same league, and I doubt that happens... does it happen?

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
5420.15 in reply to 5420.14
Date: 3/4/2008 8:58:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
got to agree with Steve

if a new player from scratch cant build their team and money flow after 1-1.5 seasons in order to beat bots then sorry they are doing something wrong...

i have the feeling a lot of people are annoyed because they cant beat bots TIE... you dont have the right to beat a non-human TIE just because it is a computer team...or ill field my worse 5 players / players with least minutes and cos its a bot i deserve to win... sorry if your team aint good enough - it aint good enough...

if it takes you a season then so be it.. if it takes you 2... set a goal and sooner rather than later you will succeed..

the benefits will be had later on.. you can play younger trainees or mix in 1 or 2 bad gameshape players with 3 normal starters...

why should bots just be a rollover??

Advertisement