BB Global (English) > Economy

Economy (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
152075.50 in reply to 152075.22
Date: 7/21/2010 5:13:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
More money,means that the market cicle can restart again,and all the teams can chose their strategies with calm,without being forced by too restrictive economic situations,or trying to guess market trends to have advantages

But not all the teams are in the same situation,there are teams with a lot of money because they have few expenses to stay in a league related to the incomes they have,and if you give them a new free cash flow,they easily will try to spend it quickly,causing a phase of inflaction that will not improve the situation of anyone

So you need to give money,but not indiscriminately...the only fair criterium to give money to the various teams,is rewarding the competivity of a league,and of the various teams in a league
If you look at the Tv contracts of the first divisions all around the world,you can see they are going all towards a certain level,this is a sign that potentially no one would be penalized from a new system based on competitivity,beacuase you don't need an enormous number of teams to reach an high level in a country
But the differences are greater in the lower division,when often a II division of a country has the level comparable to the low III/high IV division of a more competitive country,with the related expenses,but with much more higher incomes,and more possibilities to play a role in the market,a GLOBAL MARKET where all the teams can buy players....but if there are teams penalized on the market,they would be unable to reach the top level,and less money would be available to EVERYONE on the market,because it is GLOBAL and if someone doesn't have money to spend,potentially anyone user in the world will miss it

The differences will exist forever,and forever there will be someone who won and many other who lost,but if everyone had the possibilities,the differences will come out from the ability to train the players and from the strategical choices made by a team,not from the different possibilities given to a team(and yet there's the draft that insert a element that creates new balances in the various leagues)

I think that reward economically in a greater way the competitivty of the various leagues,would be the right way to give everyone his possibilities,and discover really who are the best users and deserve to win

There are parts in this that I dont understand and if anyone could explain it to me I would appreciate it.

The way I read this, it say that Italian div II is so competitive (they use all their income on salary) so they cant gather money to buy players from the market. And to solve this we need to give them more money?
The thing I dont get is, If they get more money, will they stop being competitive then and save money? To me it sounds more likely they will spend that on even higher salary's. But maybe we should give 10 milion in start of season to spend on player transfers? I just dont get it.

I play in a country with a small userbase (compared to Italy, germany etc.) and can only explain my own situation. I finaly got some money together last season, to add two great playes and with that promote to the first league. Here I have a low salary compared to most and making great money +300k/week. This is great, but I would rather be a more competitive team the thing is that I dont have the money to get the players to increase my salary. After this season and with the promoting bonus, I will be able to afford a new player.

So I think most teams want to be competitive, but lack the resources for it. So the solution would be rather to inject more money into the countries with less competitive leagues and in that way creating competitive leagues all over.

/Mannen
This Post:
152075.51 in reply to 152075.48
Date: 7/21/2010 7:15:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. But it is a part of Buzzerbeater. Taking It Easy is also not part of basketball, nor is a weekly training game during a season. Do you refuse to take part in those parts of BB as well? It is not just daytraders that sell players for inflated prices. It is the choice of the buyerwhether or not to bid for a player. If a manager makes a bad purchase, hopefully he learns. If you don't like it, that's fine. I don't like it either. The fact is that it is not illegal and villifying people who like to "play the TL" is misplaced energy and unnecessary.

2. Two wrongs do not make a right. I am assuming you are an adult. I wouldn't accept your reason from my 4 year old daughter.

People do not have a choice which country they are part of. You make the best of what you are given. IF you happen to be from a country with 39 users and make it to the top flight, good for you. Same goes for the guy from a country with 5000 users. I would like to know how many teams form d.III have made it to the Italian d.1. And how many since, say, season 7. Anybody have numbers?

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
152075.52 in reply to 152075.50
Date: 7/21/2010 8:05:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are making +300k/week now,right?With this balance,in a season you will have 4,2 M of free cash to spend(and I have not included the cup incomes in these money,the sum could be higher)
With these money,you can improve your team buying strong players,and beyond this,I hope you are training well your young trainees.
So,in only a season,you can improve a lot your team with the training of your young players and the 4,2 M to spend in the market;a team in your economic situation has all the possibilities to became competitive in very few seasons,if the manager is able to train his young players and make right purchases
And your situation is common to the situation of the countries with less competitive leagues

Inject more money in the countries with less competitive leagues,doesn't change the possibilities of these teams to became soon competitive,since you yet has these possibilities;indeed,maybe you would be disadvantaged by a new phase of inflation made by all these teams with a great amount of money to spend

In a completely different situation,are the teams who has to be close to 0 in the balance to stay with a decent team(not to fight for the promotion)in a mediumdivision of the competitive countries(II-III-some IV).They can improve only with the training,having low incomes for their expenses,thay are forced to sell periodically at good price their best players to buy new young trainees to try to improve their weak points,but became less competitive while the new trainees reach the level of the old players,losing competitivity,games and consequentely money in this period

While you can stay with your best players,and improve continuously your team till reach the top

So,what you are talking about?

This Post:
152075.53 in reply to 152075.52
Date: 7/21/2010 8:31:08 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are making +300k/week now,right?With this balance,in a season you will have 4,2 M of free cash to spend(and I have not included the cup incomes in these money,the sum could be higher)
With these money,you can improve your team buying strong players,and beyond this,I hope you are training well your young trainees.
So,in only a season,you can improve a lot your team with the training of your young players and the 4,2 M to spend in the market;a team in your economic situation has all the possibilities to became competitive in very few seasons,if the manager is able to train his young players and make right purchases
And your situation is common to the situation of the countries with less competitive leagues

Inject more money in the countries with less competitive leagues,doesn't change the possibilities of these teams to became soon competitive,since you yet has these possibilities;indeed,maybe you would be disadvantaged by a new phase of inflation made by all these teams with a great amount of money to spend

In a completely different situation,are the teams who has to be close to 0 in the balance to stay with a decent team(not to fight for the promotion)in a mediumdivision of the competitive countries(II-III-some IV).They can improve only with the training,having low incomes for their expenses,thay are forced to sell periodically at good price their best players to buy new young trainees to try to improve their weak points,but became less competitive while the new trainees reach the level of the old players,losing competitivity,games and consequentely money in this period

While you can stay with your best players,and improve continuously your team till reach the top

So,what you are talking about?

Exactly that! We are all going for the situation you are talking about, its just that it will take a few seasons for teams like mine. More money into this kind of leagues will speed up the process. More and more leagues over the globe will reach the 0 in balance and have less money for transfers. Giving mature teams this kind of money will not change that since they will quite fast add it to their salary. I will not be able to eat my salary even with the 4,2 mill and maybe 100k increased salary from training, but I will get there in a few seasons.

/Mannen
This Post:
152075.54 in reply to 152075.51
Date: 7/21/2010 8:31:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I got interested in it and looked where teams in top leagues in this season come from. In Serie A 5 teams come from V league, 5 from IV league, 4 from III league and 2 from II league. In ACBB 9 teams come from V league, 5 from IV league and from III and II league come 1 team. Apparently, all those teams seem to be old teams, almost every team originated before season 5.

This Post:
152075.55 in reply to 152075.52
Date: 7/21/2010 8:32:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Cool, I'm making -50k/week. And my team is still not too strong for my league. So, how should I improve my team, if every week I'm just losing my money? The only way - train young players for a couple of seasons and sell them. But I'm not guaranteed in getting nice profit, because good young players cost much money, and I just can't predict how much they will cost after a couple of seasons.

This Post:
152075.56 in reply to 152075.55
Date: 7/21/2010 8:45:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
How you should improve is an interesting discussion but, the way I see it, its not related to what I´m taking about here. The small countries situation is the exception not yours. Like I´m saying we are going for the same thing, we just dont have enough money to create such rosters yet.

On a side note, you have a few teams in your first league that are in the same situation as me:
13. NAUJIEJI RUSAI (39738) 13 $ 434 617
14. veeseadmed (39650) 12 $ 427 622
15. Bokalas (94769) 14 $ 421 979
16. magnumopus (94916) 6 $ 59 157

Last edited by Mannen at 7/21/2010 9:00:30 AM

/Mannen

This Post:
152075.57 in reply to 152075.56
Date: 7/21/2010 9:09:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand you. :) In my opinion, biggest countries have more good managers, who want to win their leauges, than small countries, but their money income is same as little countries. And competition between teams is much bigger and stronger. It leads to: teams stopped their improving.
Also, I think we are coming to off-topic a bit.
In conclusion: money rules :)

This Post:
152075.58 in reply to 152075.55
Date: 7/21/2010 9:12:52 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maybe you should change from this kind of players:

Salary ~ 150k

Jump Shot: atrocious Jump Range: atrocious
Outside Def.: atrocious Handling: atrocious
Driving: atrocious Passing: atrocious
Inside Shot: marvelous Inside Def.: marvelous
Rebounding: marvelous Shot Blocking: prominent

To this ones:

Salary ~ 160k

Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: average
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: respectable
Driving: respectable Passing: strong
Inside Shot: marvelous Inside Def.: marvelous
Rebounding: marvelous Shot Blocking: prominent

I am sure you would be more competitive... or.. if you want to reduce the salaries..

Salary ~ 120k

Jump Shot: sensational Jump Range: average
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: proficient
Driving: proficient Passing: proficient
Inside Shot: wondrous Inside Def.: wondrous
Rebounding: wondrous Shot Blocking: proficient

(such a nice guy hum?)

Last edited by Killer Penguin at 7/21/2010 9:13:02 AM

This Post:
152075.59 in reply to 152075.54
Date: 7/21/2010 9:15:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
good work. Thanks. I would not have thought that, because of a few posts I remember reading about how Italian teams never move up or down. How many of those teams made it to the top leagues after season 7? I guess that was more my point- (and this is based on an unclear recollection of the aforementioned posts)- are teams still rising through the ranks or are there bottlenecks between the top two divisions and the bottom ones?
Anyway, that's great info from you!

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
152075.60 in reply to 152075.51
Date: 7/21/2010 9:19:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. If I take it easy it does not hurt any newcoming teams. It can hurt only my team. Same with training games.
It is the choice of the buyerwhether or not to bid for a player.
Newcomers can not evaluate the price, that what is being abused by daytraders. If a manager makes a bad purchase, hopefully he learns, sometimes they quit and sometimes they actually do not care. But there are people constantly trying to "teach" newcomers, gaining an unfair advantage compared to players who do not try to fool newcomers. It is by no means illeagal and like I said I have learned to live with it.
I wouldn't accept your reason from my 4 year old daughter.
That is also an insult. Comparing me to a 4 year old. So how are you any better? So it's do as I say, not as I do. Nice preachings there:)

Last edited by Kukoc at 7/21/2010 9:24:52 AM

Advertisement