Help - English > Bankrupt

Bankrupt

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
213869.51 in reply to 213869.50
Date: 4/19/2012 3:59:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Arbitrage is a viable strategy in this game. And, perhaps, the fastest way to progress.

This Post:
213869.52 in reply to 213869.51
Date: 4/19/2012 5:29:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
While I agree with you on that, I don't see what that has to do with this discussion? Low income teams can't play the arbitrage game with these expensive players anyways. This went out the window when the rule that you have to pay a new tranfers salary for at least 1 week came into play a couple of seasons back. This rule means that high salaried players now eat into their own transfer profits. The higher the salary, the worse it gets.

Last edited by Beener not Beanerz at 4/19/2012 5:30:35 PM

This Post:
213869.53 in reply to 213869.44
Date: 4/20/2012 10:21:13 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This doesn't take into consideration the owner's motivation. Perhaps he views the player's transfer list as significantly under priced and will sell him in a week or two

Everyone is free to go bankrupt if they want. It will teach them a lesson

Okay, but I thought this discussion was about new players getting frustrated and losing interest in BB. New players wouldn't be able to an identify an underpriced transfer (not correctly, anyway). We don't want to teach newcomers harsh lessons, we want to give guidance. Taking on too much salary is a common rookie mistake. This would help prevent it, which makes the game better for everyone.

Or more likely, that the player he is bidding for will replace a current starter which will allow the owner to list the replaced player to both reduce his weekly salary and produce income from the sale.

That would be one of the caveats I mentioned but didn't elaborate on. To expand the formula:

HighestSalaryPurchasable = TypicalWeeklyNetIncome + (CashOnHand/5)+ AverageSalaryOf5HighestPaidPlayers + SalariesOfOutgoingTransfers

AverageSalaryOf5HighestPaidPlayers is a way to account for the new player replacing one of your current players. It adds to your salary ceiling by a reasonable estimation of a current starter's salary. In other words, if I can afford a $80K player, and my typical starter makes $20K, the formula will let me buy a $100K player: the $80K I can afford, plus the $20K I'm assumed to be shedding. This should be plenty of headroom to allow for talent upgrades without having to sell the replaced player first.

Also, salaries of any outgoing transfers would be added to TypicalWeeklyNetIncome. Those are expenses the team will soon not have to pay, thus raising net income. (We might need a rule that they must have a bid placed, or be priced within transfer price guidelines, to prevent abuse of the system.)

This Post:
213869.54 in reply to 213869.53
Date: 4/21/2012 9:23:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is the way the GE is badly balanced at the moment. I see loads of teams in lower divisions with teams fully of $50-150,000 players that are fighting each other for promotion. This leaves the teams that lose probably broke and maybe quitting and the ones that do win often have to embark on a whole season of tanking in division II just to recoup their losses and rebuild. They aren't promoting ready and able to compete they way they used to.

This is because not only are they promoting with a negative bankbalance but the expensive players they had that could win then games in division III are not good enough in division II. So they see that their $100k SG they play at SF or their $100k C they play at PF are getting killed now. No surprise, they probably paid around $500k for their players while the players that are destroying them cost 2-6 times that but they have the same weekly wage or even lower while being much more effective.

The salary system in this game really punishes the inexperienced. They assume that a crappy C with all atrocious secondaries but stupendous RE and ok IS, ID and SB who they pay $150k a week will be a great player for them and make up for the fact that they have $20k guys in some other positions. They will win with those guys in division III but in division II they will just be throwing money away compared to managers that have a balanced team.

Last edited by yodabig at 4/21/2012 9:32:34 PM