Suggestions > Training Method

Training Method

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
275294.51 in reply to 275294.44
Date: 11/24/2015 12:20:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A major overhaul (remove 48min, speeding it, deregulate it) would be unfair to all the people that have been training so far.

That is a very commonly seen red herring, and nothing more. It simply isn't true. Anyone who has trained players well will still enjoy the benefit of well-trained players on their roster. Anyone who trains simply for profit isn't playing a basketball sim and should get no sympathy from anyone.

This Post:
275294.55 in reply to 275294.54
Date: 11/25/2015 5:32:18 AM
Três Rios Carijós
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
48 minutes out of position makes no sense. Its unrealistic. I'm Ok with training tied to playing in games, but not out of position.

This!!!

This Post:
275294.56 in reply to 275294.54
Date: 11/25/2015 6:58:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
48 minutes out of position makes no sense. Its unrealistic. I'm Ok with training tied to playing in games, but not out of position.

So now you attack me for playing in Nippon? Its my fault I play here?

Let me just inform you I begged to get out and am now in Utopia so I stuck around. Were I still stuck in Nippon I would have quit not because self-righteous oldschoolers (how long you played to get to dII?) like you would always say 'I'm better than you because my country is bigger' but more because its boring to play against no competition.

The thing with out of training stuff is its not realistic and it creates a lot of noise, farms etc. as a result. It kills the fun of the game to watch teams throw games over training a 7footer at PG etc. Its just imbalanced.

People don't hate it because its hard, they hate it because its a stupid idea. Period.

Many people who can not do training because its too hard for them, would still struggle if training were made more realistic. They would not suddenly become awesome at BB.

Also you should look really close at the b3 etc. These guys aren't trainers and don't train their way up. A FEW are, and that is commendable. But training is not part of the domination puzzle. It just isn't. Neither is tactics (although this is getting better). More common is scamming noobs and training GS.

I like to explain it, and think of it, to newer people... (I KNOW YOU'RE NOT NEW).. as, don't think of it as out of position training, but the position of the training is the position of the trainer/coach teaching the skill. Obviously a Center like Olajuwon would be better at explaining shot-blocking than a SG/SF like Reggie Miller. But, in order for the coach to get a good proper look and explanation in to you, you have to be at a position he oversees.

It's a completely fictitious thing, and purely fantasy, but its how I rationalize to myself the out of position training. Simple things like that can change your perspective on things. For me I took something nonsensical, and upgraded it in my head to just being tedious.

This Post:
275294.59 in reply to 275294.57
Date: 11/25/2015 7:11:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
LOL

THere is a lot of things in BB that take a spoonful of sugar...that is just too far to take it.

Since it has no real world explanations, lets just PRETEND it makes sense.

I mean I am sure that all the great NBA guards that get blocks here and there only learned how to do that by playing Center from age 18 to 25 on an NBDL team coached by Mutombo and his waggy finger...yea sure...lets make this fantasy up in our head to help the BB design palatable to sane normal human beings who have any clue whatsoever how real world basketball works.

I give you an A for effort though.

hey... very least, for a brief moment, the OOP training brought a smile to your face... (brief moment) yeah. delusions delusions, they only work for so long...

This Post:
275294.61 in reply to 275294.60
Date: 11/25/2015 9:34:30 AM
Salvem as Lulas
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:

Calmly us. The explanations are all coherent and interesting , however this fleeing rather focus. I accept ALL positions , of ALL people , being for or against what we proposed . More has to be reviewed something , even if to say , "Look folks, we will not change anything ." I think it would be cool .

More my position remains the same: it is NOT possible to train and be competitive playing the major leagues in each country . You are forced to put in the game, a much more fragile than the other player . And I , as I am a guy ( this is personal ) who do not like to do tank , will suffer to achieve an honorable position in the final classification .

Advertisement