This Post:
298868.51 in reply to 298868.49
Date: 6/12/2019 11:58:27 AM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
here is 30k salary PG/SG playing offensively as PF and C, while defending at PG/SG. 60-65% True shooting percentage depending on league.
(https://i.imgur.com/7sHnbs6.png)
PF/C attacking as PG/SG, defending as C/PF
(https://i.imgur.com/3NfwFam.png)

Pluses is passing on big men doesnt depend on their height, trains as fast as for guards. to get 20 IS for guard you need draft with 7IS train SF/PF shooting/driving and youll be close to 14-15; then some IS training at center because since 22 year old it would play purely center, you can even train through cap... Also dont need very high skillpoints for players. Especially in lower leagues.

Also DIV4 can have 20IS guys affordable to decimate oponents and tear through leagues. This is my plan to tear through leagues, but with lower skilled centers because of salary...Did it before but it was kinda not so extreme.

Also you would need 3 guards and 3 centers. because you need 1 of each to backup if injuries or fatigue.

I agree with you of diminnishing results. 18 IS/PA would be enought, but 20 is broad simplification and also real possibility because it salary free and does not require training off-position.

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 6/12/2019 12:03:40 PM

This Post:
298868.52 in reply to 298868.51
Date: 6/12/2019 6:00:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
IS is now accounted for in the salary as far as I know, although it's still very cheap. 18 IS and 18 PA definitely requires training out of position since you need to play C and PG to train one and the other.

This Post:
298868.53 in reply to 298868.51
Date: 6/12/2019 6:25:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
INteresting theory but I don't see it panning out in practice across the team well.

You are gonna hurt team flow or team defense...

and you aren't accounting for horrible rebounding on offense- those Orebs are a big part of LI. You will lose all those, and that also means losing fouls as well.

Not worth it IMO. I think you are showing in SOME areas you can do AS good as a natural position player on opposite side of floor and the only benefit was some flow over other LI builds.

The G isn't better offensively than the natural big I think. Only outside maybe but we are talking about LI attack right?

THere we see the loss of outside shooting/offense on the big playing G must be about the same difference as waht they gave you in upped flow...

Net on offense that is a loss because you are losing RB numbers mentioned above.

I don't see an argument here showing that as better for offense, cheaper and less efficient I think on offense at best. So maybe better by the dollar, MAYBE

Now on defense where is the benefit? I guess you wanted more inside defense and rebounding, so I guess that makes up a big, better for stopping LI those bigs with no IS, lots of PA/handling/driving now they can defend better

Also I suppose those guards that had high IS but lower JS/JR/PA are good for defence with all OD focus and cheap.

SO question is does the upped defense outweight the potentially gimped defense...

SO in theory I see your logic where maybe you give up only a little on offense and then gain a bunch in defense.

And the benefit you suggest aslo is salary control, so cheaper roster salary over time....but is list price and training difficulty going to be the same, clearly not. Maybe those odd style players are not as expensive if viewed broken by others. So maybe that is easy to acquire from list, but won't be any on list unless someone is working on same theory...which will raise price....

Hands down very very difficult to train. Until those stats are set up, both players types need to play C and PG a lot. That is a lot of games that don't go well developing such rookies.

That's why everyone cheats with farms thoguh for all build types, so I guess it's list price, and if you use farms you can sell to your self at convenient off hours easy enough. That's what 90% of the people playing this game still ahve been doing anyway for years- and GMs are complacent/collaborative half th etime so go for it. I mean BB FA policy really relaly protects the farm projects and always has- If they really didn't want you farming with mulits they wouldn't guarantee to always put hte created players back into the game for you ASAP

This Post:
298868.54 in reply to 298868.53
Date: 6/12/2019 6:29:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
err sorry my thoughts scrambled, I think you lose defense cuz big focus on PA over OD, but assuming OD can be similar...I don't know then you are gimping JS/JR to keep in salary formula. SO yea, I guess choice on big why you did this to help D or help O, but one is gonna gimp the ohter. THe more outside and flow skill the less OD they have on defense, so same issue comes for the bigs now as you had with guards to control salary and keep them out of SF formula you got to sacrafice something...

Anyway interesting thoughts and ideas.

This Post:
298868.55 in reply to 298868.53
Date: 6/12/2019 6:30:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess if you build such teams and get success let us know, would be interesting to see this pan out.

This Post:
298868.56 in reply to 298868.55
Date: 6/13/2019 6:04:21 PM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
Since now Div 1 teams use to have 145TSP players instead of 125 TSP 20 seasons ago this strategy is only good prolly up to DIV 2, and quite easily trainable. Since Guards and centers will be always playing off position as their natural position training isnt really and issue especially if you going from div 4 to div 2. In lower leagues like div 3 or div 2 secondaries rarely matter. Why have big with 12OD when the oponents are atocious or at very best mediocre in JS? Its monoskilled players mostly untill DIV 1. So there should be not so huge dissadvantages.

If i would be in div 2 now i would be training like 18OD-16 ID guard, or atleast considering it. But since i am in div 4 and everything untill div 1 is like monoskilled aged trash oponents, there is no way to bother to defend the skills oponents players dont have. So maximizing offense is the way to go.

Also these kind of players doesnt need so high TSP around 115. So training is elatively fast. Also you could asjust, maybe add ID for guards or OD for centers or RB for guards, its all conditional.

Farms... You could always ask for someone to train them for you and buy for the market price.

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 6/13/2019 6:09:45 PM

This Post:
298868.57 in reply to 298868.56
Date: 6/13/2019 6:31:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
NObody does that legit. Farms are multiaccounts 99% of the time in my opinion and the 'I asked them story' is BS in my opinion. GMs aren't gullible, they are complacent.

This Post:
298868.58 in reply to 298868.57
Date: 6/13/2019 6:38:06 PM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
The most people use farms nowadays is to dump 19 yo MVP potencial guys they bought for 25k for 500k each. It was never and issue 20 seasons ago. ""New players"" are buying these, like totally fresh mostly. This is farming we need to stop.

It used to do legit, but you would have promised certain high price in community. Its trust issue, if you recognizable in community you could get like 15OD guys instead of 15driving trained for their first seasons. Dont thing the farms is a must. Also i have noticed very strange activities.

The most sad part is lvl 6/7 trainers are unbuyable for the non-farms, because so much people establishing farms to train for NT or U-21 nowadays, it is massive disease. And they try to complain, atleast in lithuanian national formum why nobody wants to train for U-21 anymore. Why bother? with lvl 5 trainer? going against lvl 6, mostly 7 against farm? Best occasion your player will be bench warmer or borderline U-21, it wont increase merchandise. The NT as a whole loses point because of these farms.

Anyways farmed or non-farmed player i dont see an issue buying these player for the market price, because everyone gets opportunity to bid for these. So eaqual chances for everybody. It is bad only if it is multiple accounts in my oppinion.

Last edited by Vilkai [LTU NT] at 6/13/2019 6:47:47 PM

This Post:
298868.59 in reply to 298868.58
Date: 6/14/2019 1:04:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Farming and cheating has always been the rule not the exception in BB.

There was never a golden age, it's always been riddled with issues.... MABA! LOL woudl be equally goofy as those other hats...since it was never great, always riddled with unforgivable issues.... I digress!

For BB specifically. If it's popular and lots of people want to play- that is a good product. IMO

THe bidwar thing is not sustainably popular. Long term not many people want to play that game. Bidwarring is very important in BB. Too important. Long-term few users want to keep playing that. Many sticking around now don't really like or do it either, they prefer or hope for other parts of the game to be more prominant...but they are beat over the head in terms of competition and relevance based on their ability to win auctions cheap and sell high. It's not a popular game. So long as BB continues to revolve around stupid market user nubmer decrease. THe fewer the user numbers the more that decrease. Maybe on a mobile platform bidwarring will be more popular/viable...
I REALLY think autobids, with adds attached to each autobid placed would bring more users, better game, fairer game better product and ultimately more revenue to them. Maybe they can work that into an app and make some money. Probalby they continue to try to rely on goofy bidwars auctions and sleezy adds associated with it where they get all their (not much) money it seems.....

I digress ... the training model, the killing all competition to train at the top level or be excluded/sneak a couple extra teams to make training an option on the sly....well that won't pan out for mobile apps will it??? Maybe it will. Maybe spoofing location/IP etc. and making mutliple accounts will be easier on a phone and people in mass nubmers will think it's fun to actively cheat a game. Most people though probably will be annoyed and uninterested in a game where cheating is massively rewarding. I don't know lots of people do like cheating, makes them feel cool or whatever.

They could do a lot to eliminate the benefits of cheating and so on and son on...but yea I'm just a broken record at this point. Thanks for the convo, you presented some interesting thoughts but yea...I'm kinda bored on all BB subjects right now. Just waiting to see if maybe they app boosts user numbers significantly so that Nippon/Asia now has ever some realistic level of competition. We are a micro merged nation now, still micro, still a joke.

This Post:
298868.60 in reply to 298868.59
Date: 6/14/2019 1:33:54 AM
Vilkiukai
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Vilkiukai II
They could do a lot to eliminate the benefits of cheating and so on and son on.

I agree with it. Especially with autobid. Because i bet most of the guys who play the market use bots. Do you know how i discovered this game? In season 15 or so made for some guy autobuyer.....a bot. And thought like this game is kinda unique and cool, tried it; played around 10-12 seasons i think to season 28 then sadly had no time and got botted out Havent used bot myself because was using homegrown team, it is more interesting that way.

I still dont understand why people should be punished to be playing in "bad" timezones or by not spending so much time bidding. Thats very eazy fix and it would solve multiple problems. Maybe owners of this game believe that people without autobid feature generates more money from ads. But they must weight all of the impacts.

Micro nations doesnt seem very cool. I bet there is like no competition every season, or very little, like 2-3 teams competing. It is very boring like that way. They could make possible to transfer team to bigger leagues, or make region leagues but atleast with like 4 divisions. I remember there were active 6 divisions in biggest countries in bb, now it is down to 4...does not seem too fun to me either.

This Post:
298868.61 in reply to 298868.60
Date: 6/14/2019 2:06:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You got it.
I signed up in US once and they found me out and kicked me from the game. It takes bloody murder to get them to act on suspected multi-accounts but god forbid I make an account in US so that I could have competition. Of course my USA team was my one and only team, but didn't matter. I am forever locked in the horrible microscenario for doing the unthinkable crime of living in Japan.
Also makes players shopping complicated. The TZ difference can be exploited to some extent, but ultimately it hurts me when I sell. I have to remember to stay up late or wake up in the middle of the night to list players. I forget most the time so my players sell for peanuts if at all, sold at really low user hours. It is what it is.

BB has been exploited so much over the years. bidbots I don't even mind at all, why not. It's hardly cheating, just taking advantage of tech to circumvent a horrible reality of BB design.

I like how they had guys selling access to other players stats on another site. THat was almost comical. Then the BB that was juicing his players. That was epic funny

Advertisement