Suggestions > Free Agent Players

Free Agent Players

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
104275.52 in reply to 104275.36
Date: 8/17/2009 1:05:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
no offense but your wrong many free agents were bought low and then sold for a much higher price.

example

people online 368 buy free agent for 250k (low price not much competition on bidding)
then resell when
people online 3425 sell free agent for 500k (very good chance of sale)

i have seen countless examples of managers doing this.

try reading the now closed day trading post in bb global

Selling a player a day after one day mean a great amount of tax over hims so there could be two situation
1)The team which buy the player make agreat great great affair on this deal and he then resell then to his real market value,so earning a lot of money
2)Someone will overpay the player when the first team ressell him at double value,so the problem is easy to resolve,it is a typical TPA situation,or a cheater situation
So on,there aren't the free agents the problem about day trading.This is not an argument to say that free agent aren't good from the game(with specific rules,as i listed in my previous posts)

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 8/17/2009 1:07:21 PM

This Post:
104275.53 in reply to 104275.52
Date: 8/17/2009 4:01:02 PM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
You have the same problem if the player is kept. You will be able to buy a player for much under market value and have a big advantage from it so I don't think that situation is something to prefer.

This Post:
104275.54 in reply to 104275.53
Date: 8/17/2009 10:15:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I stopped replying because I think both the people for Free Agents (including me) and those against them have a good point. And I don't wanna get into polemics. For my last post on this topic I wanted to say that I think people have more issues against day traders that Free Agents..
Free Agents helped me get to second league and without day traders they could help the community...
but then again, it's just my experience.. and I won't bother you anymore good luck in the playoffs

This Post:
104275.55 in reply to 104275.54
Date: 8/18/2009 7:38:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think people have more issues against day traders that Free Agents..
Free Agents helped me get to second league and without day traders they could help the community...

Kivan understand perfectly my thought,we sustain that FA allows more users to spend theri money on the market and so on,in the long run,there will be an advantage for all the community,at certain conditions(no FA too week in some important skill for the role,great control about day traders,ecc...)
Others sustain that in this way training lose importance.This is good argument for them,we have to evaluete if is stronger the previous or this argument

This Post:
104275.56 in reply to 104275.55
Date: 8/18/2009 2:24:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I managed to get to estonian II league, without buying any FA-s. FA will benefit teams only in the high divisions. Even if you save enough money for a decent FA in the lower leagues, buying him will imbalance you're team -> will create salary and income problems.
I think we will be fine without those excess FA-s popping up every week. Creating free agents randomly, from bot teams at the start of every season, also makes no difference. Because the market is flooded with drafted players anyway.

This Post:
104275.57 in reply to 104275.56
Date: 8/18/2009 3:47:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I managed to get to estonian II league, without buying any FA-s. FA will benefit teams only in the high divisions. Even if you save enough money for a decent FA in the lower leagues, buying him will imbalance you're team -> will create salary and income problems.

Explain me why.If i save enough money for buying a player,FA or not,I always had to think if I can sustain his salary.It's not a Free Agent problem,again.And Fa will benefit teams only in high divisions is a phrase that you have to show.You are in a high division without buying any fre agent,so,they aren't the way for winning championships

This Post:
104275.58 in reply to 104275.57
Date: 8/18/2009 4:25:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
correction -> salary and form problems.

What I ment to say was that teams in lower leagues are unable to take advantage of the FA system. In lower leagues you would rather improve you're team with some medium skilled players,than 1 superstar.
I would like this game to have restrictions with in the transfer system. Perhaps minutes played in the club or one season (with the clause of player can be sold when he get's injured). This way I see no problem with FA coming to the market. This would also come effect to all transfers. Perhaps not restrict transfers for players under 21.

This Post:
104275.59 in reply to 104275.57
Date: 8/18/2009 6:35:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Explain me why.If i save enough money for buying a player,FA or not,I always had to think if I can sustain his salary.It's not a Free Agent problem,again.And Fa will benefit teams only in high divisions is a phrase that you have to show.You are in a high division without buying any fre agent,so,they aren't the way for winning championships

even if he anwsered it himself, i like to say it the same way maybe because of other reasons:

- free agent makes training less effective, because the players don't get that much extra value so a player is worth less infrastructure like seats or staff. So it reduce the advantage of teams in lower division who usually could train more effective, and raises the adavantage of the high division in the infrastructure(tickets sells, tv and marketing)

- only top players are released as FA, and this usually are the players the top teams look for and not the new team and medium ones - so the bargain raises especially for them and reduces the prices for them and not for the players weaker teams need.

This Post:
104275.60 in reply to 104275.59
Date: 8/18/2009 7:09:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
- free agent makes training less effective, because the players don't get that much extra value so a player is worth less infrastructure like seats or staff. So it reduce the advantage of teams in lower division who usually could train more effective, and raises the adavantage of the high division in the infrastructure(tickets sells, tv and marketing)

I don't get the first sentence. In third league, I trained the big guys, sold one after a season and a half a bought a solid SG that was FA... next season sold another and bought a good PG that was FA... If you buy a free agent way better than the players you have on the positions that you're training then you're wasting money and training and it's a stupid move (not you as in you, but you as in general, people )

- only top players are released as FA, and this usually are the players the top teams look for and not the new team and medium ones - so the bargain raises especially for them and reduces the prices for them and not for the players weaker teams need.

again can't really agree... looking at my country I've seen free agents make big differences in third and fourth divisions because those managers could buy the for average 1.5m while the higher division teams went for those great players of 2.2-2.3+

but of course it can be a problem for a team not earning much money supporting a player or two that are free agents, but that's the risk of managing a team. That means the manager made some bad decisions and investments, in staff players and not building the arena. But don't teams go broke for real? And don't you die in first person shooters when you miss an enemy, or go bankrupt in simcity and lose missions in real time strategies? It's all part of the game

but as I said, I'm basing this on my experience which may not correspond to the real global situation

Last edited by Kivan at 8/18/2009 7:12:44 PM

This Post:
104275.61 in reply to 104275.60
Date: 8/18/2009 7:19:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't get the first sentence. In third league, I trained the big guys, sold one after a season and a half a bought a solid SG that was FA... next season sold another and bought a good PG that was FA... If you buy a free agent way better than the players you have on the positions that you're training then you're wasting money and training and it's a stupid move (not you as in you, but you as in general, people :) ) :)

i think this also shows the imbalance of the transfermarket through them(weekly ups and downs) and your ability to find cheap guys, but more players to buy means not so high prices because this change don't affect the number of selled players.

It is also possible to make good deals in this system, so that you sell a player and buy a better one this isn't a FA feature. So this change will happen for smart guys only with higher transfer sums, but if you look for a weaker replacement and maybe spend 80% of the price for the new player it makes a different if you get 2,5 Mio or 2,3 Mio.

again can't really agree... looking at my country I've seen free agents make big differences in third and fourth divisions because those managers could buy the for average 1.5m while the higher division teams went for those great players of 2.2-2.3+
but as I said, I'm basing this on my experience which may not correspond to the real global situation :)

this teams aren't really new, or have 1-2 player of this qualitys ;) My team just bought players of this quality(except trainees, which aren't really good for my team but i love the TU), so i profitate on 9 of 10 transfers from the reduces prices your teams maybe 2-4 of ten times.

This Post:
104275.62 in reply to 104275.36
Date: 8/19/2009 12:27:48 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
try reading the now closed day trading post in bb global

day trading is a problem solved many seasons ago

Advertisement