BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Buzzing when a requested auction is gonna end

Buzzing when a requested auction is gonna end (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
199417.52 in reply to 199417.50
Date: 11/1/2011 10:21:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets try to keep the suggestion more about requirements rather than specific implementation. Ive tried to summarise below.

'A feature, which can be used as a reminder for expiring transfer bids that a user has made on a specific player'.

Where the 'Feature' and/or the 'reminder' could be a buzzersound/email/shaking screen/carrier pidgeon/dancing fat-o-gram. Who knows.

And where the feature can be set at a specific point in the bidding process eg: 5 minutes before expiry or 1 hour before expiry.

A suggested implementation could be
On the Bids page - a check box and text box - Check box to say 'Yes, remind me' and the text box to specify how many minutes before the bid expires.

Make the reminder a text message? Supporter feature only? Charge a premium on the texts.... BuzzerBeater would make a bit of money i reckon?

This Post:
199417.53 in reply to 199417.52
Date: 11/2/2011 2:51:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lets try to keep the suggestion more about requirements rather than specific implementation. Ive tried to summarise below.

'A feature, which can be used as a reminder for expiring transfer bids that a user has made on a specific player'.

Where the 'Feature' and/or the 'reminder' could be a buzzersound/email/shaking screen/carrier pidgeon/dancing fat-o-gram. Who knows.

And where the feature can be set at a specific point in the bidding process eg: 5 minutes before expiry or 1 hour before expiry.

A suggested implementation could be
On the Bids page - a check box and text box - Check box to say 'Yes, remind me' and the text box to specify how many minutes before the bid expires.

Make the reminder a text message? Supporter feature only? Charge a premium on the texts.... BuzzerBeater would make a bit of money i reckon?

I don't have problem with this obscureness.
But...
In the end you will probably will want a BB-buzzer to be heard (or a BB-pop-up).

The idea of setting the time (before auction ends for the reminder to be sent) by the user is somewhat an improvement to my suggestion. [I'm not sure your enhancement how much is it necessary and worth the cost, but cost issues are for the developers to decide].

This reminder will be sent several times during an auction, as there are many bidders (usually).

This Post:
199417.54 in reply to 199417.51
Date: 11/2/2011 2:58:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
1) Read about Galileo Galilei. You not knowing his story is quite a shame and a hole in your knowledge...

2) None of your "claims' doesn't answer:
a) What does the "quality" of staring at a screen as to do with BB managing.
b) Why not having in-game feature instead of a timer in your clock.

This Post:
199417.55 in reply to 199417.53
Date: 11/2/2011 3:32:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In the end you will probably will want a BB-buzzer to be heard (or a BB-pop-up).

Not really.

Maybe its just me but I have my speakers turned off unless it is absolutely necessary to have sound in order to minimise noise pollution and to conserve electricity. If you're watching a movie or playing a game and there is sound then fair enough, but to have a sound that will only pop up once on the trigger of that event is totally useless to me.

Setting an actual alarm on my phone actually serves better than having a noise that could potentially go off on my computer when speakers are off anyway.

This reminder will be sent several times during an auction, as there are many bidders (usually).

Again, your idea is absurd. As stated previously you only need to be online 5 minutes before the player's scheduled auction is to end. Bidding any earlier is a total waste of time. You will spend maybe 15 minutes at around the near end of the player's deadline but you would be too busy refreshing the player's page every minute or 2 that you won't be doing other things.

This Post:
199417.56 in reply to 199417.52
Date: 11/2/2011 3:42:27 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As a supporter you can already get an email reminder at a chosen time before an auction ends.

This Post:
199417.57 in reply to 199417.52
Date: 11/2/2011 3:53:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The biggest problem with this suggestion is that there is no continuous connection to buzzerbeater server. Only time the info is sent automatically by server is when you are in the game viewer. If you go idle and get logged out, it would still not work. Why not use a phone alarm or windows clock alarm? Simple and effective.

This Post:
199417.58 in reply to 199417.56
Date: 11/2/2011 4:13:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
oh yer, i forgot about this.

It can also be a text message as well? 30 mins before a bookmarked player on the transfer market is sold.

I knew there was a reason why my suggestion sounded so good. Cause its already been implemented. ha. wicked!

Text messages make sound. hmmmm. :)

This Post:
199417.59 in reply to 199417.52
Date: 11/2/2011 4:28:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

this one already exist, through email or textmessage.

But i also don't think that a buzzer one minute before expiration(you could take the time, the expiration was when you open the player tab), could be implemented with flash without let BB play automated. The thing is more is it really needed, and there i am in the dark. I tend to say no to myself, but could believe that other people will like that.

This Post:
199417.61 in reply to 199417.60
Date: 11/2/2011 9:44:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
or was it sarcasm?

or was it both?

It would be ironic if i was both.

doubley ironic?

:)

This Post:
199417.62 in reply to 199417.60
Date: 11/2/2011 9:44:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would add that the Earth is flat.

Pretending that it´s not is only to let those lazy physicians and mathematicians don´t have to make all those complex calculations...

Zwei Dinge sind unendlich, die Dummheit und das All...
Advertisement