Suggestions > Minor suggestion 2

Minor suggestion 2 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
202503.53 in reply to 202503.52
Date: 12/28/2011 2:00:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

I think blinding the amount would send those daytraders and deal hunters packing. You want a player, then show your money, show what you are willing to pay,and 5 minutes before the auction ends, not 20 minutes after.

What you're suggesting is, in essence, a waiver system. The owner of a player would set a minimum bid and other users would have the chance, blindly, to submit the maximum price they would be willing to pay. Highest bidder at the deadline wins. To make a system like this work, you would need to have a pending waiver order list, much like what you have in a fantasy sports league. This would be a nightmare to program for a game like this, not to mention if an idea like this was implemented, the economy would be thrown into chaos for a full season as users familiarize themselves with a totally different transfer process. The only feature this system would have over the current one is that it would give all users a fair shot at each listed player. But this isn't really a problem in the current system if you're willing to overbid for a player you supremely desire.

I wouldn't be opposed to the system you're suggesting, if it had been implemented in the beginning. With regards to the TL, I have to agree with Yoda. I'd like to see some of the draconian measures implemented to curb daytrading actually be draconian. Namely: a higher salary floor, 11 day transfer period, and a restructuring of the transfer penalty system. If you sell a player within the first 4 weeks of ownership, you shouldn't receive more than 66% of the transfer price.

Message deleted
This Post:
202503.58 in reply to 202503.55
Date: 12/29/2011 3:37:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
All I am suggesting is that when its 5 minuts till the end of the auction the field which displays the current bid, instead displays ????????? The owner of the player and the last bidder, via their bids and econ pages would know always the top amount of the bid- but all those last minute bidders would not.

Happy times for those (multiaccounters) that collude on transfers.

This Post:
202503.59 in reply to 202503.54
Date: 12/29/2011 4:41:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have never had a problem with you but that was a bizarre and aggressive post.

This Post:
202503.61 in reply to 202503.60
Date: 12/29/2011 5:18:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess that you can argue that both hurt other teams to a degree but when I have had tankers in my league ithas always made me happy especially while the cup is on so that I can have one easy game a week.

Day traders directly hurt others in many clear and obvious ones but I will also give you a less well known example. I am the India U21 coach and we have saved a lot of players from being lost by adding them to the team and sending them into free agency, over the three seasons it is well more than 100 players. A big percentage of them maybe around 1/4 get bought by day traders who buy cheap, list high don't train and because the 18 year olds don't cost much on a weekly basis they can happily wait a few weeks until they get a bite for their inflated prices. From the U21 NT point of view they have killed our player. Missing out of several weeks of training while they are 18 probably means that they wont make the team and if they do they will obviously not be as good as they could have been.

As for tanking, it sucks. It is soul destroying and boring. The only thing I have to look forward to each week is the training update and the knowledge that I can train my three young guys however I want. Don't do it.

I don't know if you saw the post where I said the salary floor should be greatly raised to prevent people doing exactly what I am doing.

I have been shopping constantly for a SF for the last few weeks so I am spending hours each week looking at the TL myself anyway. Maybe I should be day trading while I am doing nothing else this season anyway.

This Post:
202503.62 in reply to 202503.61
Date: 12/29/2011 5:38:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
People that are mad out daytraders, sound like grumpy old men.

Hell 1 of the people trying change how bidding is done, went around telling people that was the only way to succeed in the game, and that training wasn't worth while for them. Now they want to change how its done, or why its done. Let it be.

Daytradeing isn't a problem, unless it hedges on your revenue generating, from daytrading. Which if your not a daytrader, its not.

Advertisement