BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Search on the Transfer List

Search on the Transfer List (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
5121.52 in reply to 5121.50
Date: 1/31/2009 10:24:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Read LA-docent24's posts.
About how everyone will be looking for those ideal height pot players etc. A lot of the transfer listed players will not be looked at because of 1 cm difference etc.

This Post:
5121.53 in reply to 5121.51
Date: 1/31/2009 11:02:04 AM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
What potential are you looking for then?

all-star at least. i'm NOT a skilltrader, so i only want players who can become at least as good as the ones i already have

So what exactly are you whining about?

whining? me? i'm only supporting a suggestion that has been made by a lot of users since the potential was introduced

This Post:
5121.54 in reply to 5121.53
Date: 1/31/2009 1:02:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You are not a skilltrader -> so you presume noone is?
It makes TL even easier to use for daytrading then it is now. I even read a post about let's make a search option for all auctions ending in 2h, 4h, 8h etc.
I think we could add anything to the search if they would implement a 2 games or a week in team rule for the transfers. Until that happens we do not need to make it easier to daytrade.

This Post:
5121.55 in reply to 5121.54
Date: 2/1/2009 2:15:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
a week rule? How that could even help?

This Post:
5121.56 in reply to 5121.52
Date: 2/1/2009 2:26:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So be it.

There will still be a lot of managers who would go out seeking for the lefties. I'm one of them, because even nowadays the price of 18y with top potencial is way too expensive - 1,5kk for a MVP+ 18y trainee with good skills.

People already do what you're trying to avoid. But they get bored without real necessitiy with it.

This Post:
5121.57 in reply to 5121.45
Date: 2/1/2009 2:52:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
O, let me explain it once again. Say all you needs were implemented. You are going to market to find a good playe (actually as good as possible). Say you don't have few milions stacked up to use. You just need a decent player to cover your need, hole in your line up or you just want a dcent trainee with that nice potential and as good height as possible.

So you will adjust the filter - say you need a young guard - you will choose height 5'9'' only because you didn't hear about smaller players and size matters, right? You will choose perennial star or higher, allstars are just for suckers, right? And I need say strong jump shot from him, he won't be a starter and being a midget he will train faster than others so that's ok. Oh he could defend - added. What else...
Submitted. Huh no players. Maybe I should try it a day after tomorrow. That sucks. Let see if we can change something. No, he must be only 18 years old. Well, there aren't so many players just 5'9'' high. Let's say 5'11''. Submitted. Hooray, 3 of them. Are kidding me???!! F... xxxx dollers for .... ...! No way. Next one. Good. But... wait a minute, I can't login at that time. Nevermind, he has such a odd funny name.. and is ugly too. No (fill in random nationality of 3rd world) on my team. Ok so the last one. Argentinian? Not bad. perfect time of the deadline. Adding to bookmarks. So i will come back in 59 hours to steal him. Hahaha, ha.

"Flashback to prehostoric times of buzzer Beatter"
The heat of the sun was unbereable. Tapical high noon in this reagion. He couldn't do anything useful grasping for air. So he was sitting in front of his pc, in front of Buzzer Beater. - Oh, those guys I drafted su- are nto good really. Training them further more would be a wasting a time. I need new ones. I can't fire them right away, I have to find replacement at first. Oh, let see the horrific darkplace of Transef list where all my free time ends. I need a SG, young 19 years max. and i should put some limits on his jump shot, defense and passing (cause i don't have pg really) to knock off the most hopeless cases. Ok. Uhm 55 pages? Let see only 18 years old. 24 pages? Good. Scan it. ... The dusk approached and relieving dark fold on the city. - Oh, i can't go through this again. I have to get one of those guys. This ends first. Oh, sh... Too expensive already. Next really godd ends in 6 hours. But what about this one i bookmarked. Or that one. Better someone than noone. Those 3 extra inches are painful. His jump range sukcs too. Oh well, uit's not that bad. And he is still pretty cheap. Go for it....
"Back into the future"

------- (I just want to amuse myself and chose an odd style to make it easier to read than just plain arguing; DISCLAIMER : not that i would or wouldn't recommend these or those skills or strategies)

The point is that in the first scenario many players who our hero would maybe accept but he didn't even looked at them because they had worse height, worse potential (like it would matter when could buy a new one anytime soon) or anything. Meanwhile he was waiting for the dealine of the chosen one, many very decent players would pass overlooked. On the other hand, the hero of the second scenario considered much more players including accidently found bargains he din't really was looking for but booked them to reconsider. He had a much large pool to choose from. He would probably choose not the best one, becuase meanwhile he would lost some other attractive players who would be his other options if he failed to get the best one. On the other he knew that everyone has to search the same way, so it will work once he will need to sell his current players. In furst scenario many player couldn't be sold because they wouldn't fit anybody (albeit sligtly different) criteria for useful reinforcement.

This Post:
5121.58 in reply to 5121.57
Date: 2/1/2009 2:59:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In current system of TL, daytradinl skilltrading or searching for a bargain is difficult, pain in ... sometimes, thus it is ok that it is rewarded by a slight advantage as a result. As long as cheating and excessive bids are not involved. To daytrade well you have to have resources to begin, have a knowledge od market tendencies, have a time to found those bargains, be aware of real probable value of players and willing to risk a bit. It's tough and there are other ways how to succed without doing this.

For those who just need a very good or dcent player ASAP there are such things as transfer ad threads.

I hope this is understandable and I said all I could.

PS: Well one more thing - you can be lucky and hit TL just when an auction of some bargain ends and be quick enough to bid. So it is not necessary to waste a lot of time there you just have to think quick sometimes.

This Post:
5121.59 in reply to 5121.57
Date: 2/1/2009 3:02:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but i've the impression that you really, really underrate the intelligence of the medium BB player :)
If we follow your reasoning, we should eliminate minimum skill value too: if not everybody would look for respectable rookies, missing all those equally promising average ones. Of course we know that this is not happening.
I really don't believe that if you give one or two more OPTIONS for the TL search, people will became slave of it. we really are smarter than this, c'mon.

This Post:
5121.60 in reply to 5121.59
Date: 2/1/2009 3:13:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Never overrate the taste of masses :)

I didn't name anyone, I just made an example as i really didn't want to go deeper into this. Try to sell a player and think about how to do it.

This Post:
5121.61 in reply to 5121.60
Date: 2/1/2009 3:23:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No overrating, no underrating! Virtue is the middle point :)
I've sold and bought players for 5 seasons of game, and i'm pretty positive about it: with 40.000 and more users, every not totally useless player (and even some absolutely useless one :P) can be sold with satisfaction.
the number of perfect trainees on market will always be minimum, and they will go to the richest people - then there will be an army of less rich people who have to buy something not-so perfect, and another army of poor people who have to go for cheap compromises.
I'm rarely richer, so when i am please don't punish me with endless browsing! :)

This Post:
5121.62 in reply to 5121.61
Date: 2/1/2009 3:25:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then go to transfer ad threads and someone a favour and overpay :D

Advertisement