BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
129389.53 in reply to 129389.45
Date: 1/27/2010 6:00:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is unfair since the season 3 I'm playing buzzerbeater, and only 2 have been able to achieve promotion, and have an income of 240k is not fair that a person with greater inexperience achieve greater reward, and therefore I can not access the level players because these teams have greater buying economically.

The issue is that there is no easy solution to this problem though; if you reduce the incomes teams in small countries can make too much (and remember they are already somewhat reduced from TV contracts etc), you make it impossible for small countries to ever compete against big countries. What is more unfair:

1)A Barbados team makes it to Div I in only 3 seasons and now makes almost as much as a Div I USA team, while good american managers need to spend 5-6 (probably more) seasons to go from div V to div I.

2)A Barbados team makes it to Div I but he can still only make 500k a week because his country is small. An american team makes it to Div I and now he can make 800k/week (we're just going to assume they can both avoid relegation forever, even though the bigger countries face stronger competition for those top division spots.) That Barbados team will be at a 300k/week disadvantage forever, simply because his country was small. So even though he may have become the best team in his small country (without a lot of work), he can never compete with the best teams from the big countries (no matter how much he works).

I totally understand your position, but I think these are both equally unfair situations and I'm not sure how you can solve them both at the same time.

This Post:
129389.54 in reply to 129389.51
Date: 1/27/2010 6:07:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well tactics is a really big part of the game. Money its not everything. Before i got my championship that team: (117369)
had all the previous. He had larger arena than mine, more money, better players. Still i have won, even if was 3rd on my division and played all my games on the PO awayThat means that i did something better than him isnt? i was the better manager with smaller budget, or maybe i was lucky...

. Last season an other team won the championship, and this season we will have 3rd team that will win the tournament. For me that its much more healthy that the dynasties that many countries have. So if you want to fix anything fix that.

Why you want to hold me back? i had the ''bad luck'' to be born on a small country, its not my fault. That means that i am not smart enough to compete on BBB?

The fact is that the big countries have more income that the small ones. So the advantage that actually small countries have is that can have faster domestic success. NOTHING else.

Come in Cyprus, i will help you with the job, find house, and we have beautiful women, great weather, anything that you can ask and you will be able to built your dynasty IF you can...

This Post:
129389.56 in reply to 129389.54
Date: 1/27/2010 6:21:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Why you want to hold me back? i had the ''bad luck'' to be born on a small country, its not my fault. That means that i am not smart enough to compete on BBB?

Of course it's not anyone's fault. Nobody doubts you are smart enough to whatever. It is not about you. The point is that me, along with 10,000 other users, could be smarter than you, and check out who can play what and the possibilities to measure my team with world level ones.

The fact is that the big countries have more income that the small ones. So the advantage that actually small countries have is that can have faster domestic success. NOTHING else.

With domestic success you might refer to better players, games shapes, enthusiasm and success in a short period of time without great effort (let's say, all the difficulties of BB). Altogether, you will beat any other team of a macro community who has more and better competition, IF you were to be equally skilled.

Last edited by Pappa Flaah at 1/27/2010 6:25:12 PM

This Post:
129389.58 in reply to 129389.56
Date: 1/27/2010 6:34:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Better players compared to my rivals, not compared to BBB. Well my most expensive player have 70k salary. I dont think that i am a threat for anyone. Also as i tell you its not so easy as you say. I am out from the cup losing from the worse team of CBBA. Just check my schedule and you will see that.

About the enthusiasm/game shape ive made a proposal before. Play all BBB games on arcade mode. So nobody will have to worry about them, and most important nobody will complain about it. I dont count the injuries. Those can happen to anyone.

About the 10.000 users that they dont have our chances of domestic success its NOT something that you can blame us so dont punish us either. Blame the system that gives the chances for the dynasties. As i said again this is a bigger problem in my eyes.

Having domestic success doesnt mean BBB success. If you think that i will invite you too in Cyprus. Cypriots are very hospitable people and almost anyone can speak English, i can sure you that you will have a good life here

This Post:
129389.59 in reply to 129389.49
Date: 1/27/2010 6:36:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This team from Lubnan (51910) started when I was the Lubnan U21 coach. In Lubnan there are currently 8 active teams, and probably more than a half are semi-bots. He connected from time to time and I gave him some advice, but of course he was not a full-time manager.

He makes 528k $/week and he can win the Lubnan League and Cup with a roster cheaper than 100$. A experienced manager would win both even with much lower salaries than him. That means more than 400k $/week. He just need to hire a good trainer, but not a good doctor or PR manager. He can spend 20-30k $/week in the draft and 20-30$ in the trainer. If he does things well he will get back those 20 $/week and more in draft players to sell or train. An experienced manager will be able to train 6 player/week at 2 positions or 3 player/week. He can also be the NT coach and put his own player to play and get experience, get money in merchandising, and he can also sell them at higher price because of the "flag". Of course he can also make much more money by speculating with the transfer market. And I´m probably missing something...

So it's not extra 250k/week, it might be double, triple and more, and of course things will go exponentially faster.
3, 4, 5, 6 seasons? 1 year, 1 year and a half, 2 years???

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)

This Post:
129389.60 in reply to 129389.58
Date: 1/27/2010 6:39:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am out from the cup losing from the worse team of CBBA. Just check my schedule and you will see that.

...and?

I'm out of the cup after losing to a DIV team that's better then the D1 team you lost to. Just saying, the quality that you have to compete with to earn the money you are making is much lower. You're profit margins should be much higher. Until many more teams sign up and stay in BB for awhile, that won't change.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
129389.62 in reply to 129389.60
Date: 1/27/2010 6:51:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The quality that i am facing is compared to yours. YES my margin profit compared to you is larger, but i have only 183k salaries. Can that make my team competitive on BBB? 2 seasons that played on BBB ive lost easily from the 1st round. I have strong team compared my rivals NOT with you or any other big counties.

You have more profit than me!!!! Whats your TV contract? i have already told you mine (108k). I have data from Italy and Hellas. Both have way higher income than me from TV. In 3-4 seasons that i will be able to compete on BBB your team will gain at least 2M more than me. But with 2M you can get 1 quality backup or a great trainee, and i am not even talking about merchandise. The max that i got it was 117k. For those elite teams thats there low.

This Post:
129389.63 in reply to 129389.61
Date: 1/27/2010 7:06:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It cannot be so difficult to stablish a relationship between the money you can get from your arena and the salary of your roster. So a new team in a small country will get money proportionally to his team worth. When he gets better player, he'll get more money. His income will raise as fast as he can train and improve the value of the team, and the economy in those countries will more reasonable.
- This will not kill the options of these teams to win the B3. It will just slow down their capacity of growing.
- This will be realistic, because not many fans will attend a match with mediocre players. The better the players are, most people will be interested in this game and attend the matches.
- At the same time the market inflation will be reduced with less "new richs" biddings.
- This will be fair for all BB users, because this kind of relationship does already naturally exists in bigger countries.

Last edited by Emilio at 1/27/2010 7:08:33 PM

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
Advertisement