BB Global (English) > S34 Forgotten News: 3pt line moved

S34 Forgotten News: 3pt line moved

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
277612.53 in reply to 277612.52
Date: 3/1/2016 6:35:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Those numbers were only from Motion and RnG tactics of my team.. And yeah, I know, that opponents defence has influence and many other factors too.. But hey, its impossible to get a lot of data with the same factors, as every match has its own.. One thing that stands out for me is that percentage of open shots is lower than defended shots..

Those numbers are pretty similar to what I remembered myself. Is there a tool or site that you know of that's active now where I could check the same for my team again? The USA NT offsite forum previously had a team tools section that included an advanced stats section where I could compile that, but the tools there are unfortunately not online and are possibly someday going to be restored.

This Post:
277612.54 in reply to 277612.53
Date: 3/1/2016 6:47:47 AM
No Good News
II.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Backyard Brawlers
No, sorry, I didn't even know about this site you are mentioning.. I analized my data with Moutlinho's BB Game Analyzer when I had a supporter and that is why I don't have the data from season 33..

This Post:
277612.55 in reply to 277612.54
Date: 3/1/2016 8:54:59 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
No, sorry, I didn't even know about this site you are mentioning.. I analized my data with Moutlinho's BB Game Analyzer when I had a supporter and that is why I don't have the data from season 33..

I've never used moutlinho's analysis tool, but I'll have to give that a look in the near future. Thanks!

Message deleted

This Post:
277612.57 in reply to 277612.46
Date: 3/3/2016 2:26:43 AM
Upsyndrome
III.15
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Upsyndrome II
They need to move the three point line closer to the hoop so my players can dunk from there.

"You will lose." -Ivan Drago
This Post:
277612.58 in reply to 277612.55
Date: 3/5/2016 7:44:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, something that daunts people with self-respect and intelligence, qualities that do not burden me, would it be worthwhile to train team passing?

i could imagine this working most effectively, if it worked at all, with a team in the mid- to late-20s, but i wonder if it would be the most efficient way to bring along the greatest number of players. it is my opinion that what is needed to make an offense work is not simply a single passer but an offense that utilizes all players who can handle the ball and pass. if this is true, absolute levels of JS/JR are less important and, in addition, the training could work without distorting starting lineups (playing C at PG for example).

This Post:
277612.59 in reply to 277612.58
Date: 3/5/2016 9:51:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, something that daunts people with self-respect and intelligence, qualities that do not burden me, would it be worthwhile to train team passing?

i could imagine this working most effectively, if it worked at all, with a team in the mid- to late-20s, but i wonder if it would be the most efficient way to bring along the greatest number of players. it is my opinion that what is needed to make an offense work is not simply a single passer but an offense that utilizes all players who can handle the ball and pass. if this is true, absolute levels of JS/JR are less important and, in addition, the training could work without distorting starting lineups (playing C at PG for example).

Well, it would be great if you're running an inside offense - assisted shots are actually a good thing there. You know how I felt about handling and passing on everyone, but you also know that the only things I was effective at that way, for the most part, was my big men hitting contested threes, assisted inside/layups, and occasionally an outside shooter having a day where he was insanely hot and singlehandedly put up the points.

I'm entirely unconvinced at this point that passing / driving / handling do any good for outside shooting. I'm still a few seasons away from being able to have any real data points worth looking at, though.

Advertisement