BB Global (English) > NBA FINALS!

NBA FINALS!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
279850.53 in reply to 279850.52
Date: 6/15/2016 5:15:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The NBA has become a bit of WWE in this regard.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
279850.54 in reply to 279850.53
Date: 6/16/2016 4:29:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The NBA has always been a joke in lots of respects.. And i'm not one for conspiracies but it seems obvious the league want 7 games for the $$$

Baseball has it right.. No mucking around just an 162 game regular season.

This Post:
279850.56 in reply to 279850.55
Date: 6/17/2016 3:05:32 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I know, only ten of thirty teams ever play posteason though, and two of those teams play just one wildcard game.

My point still stands though, baseball doesn't need to force more games when they play alll the time. My SF Giants are about to have 20 game days straight..

This Post:
279850.58 in reply to 279850.54
Date: 6/17/2016 4:05:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Imo other leagues/competitions with just one huge final game (NFL, Champions league, Dancing with the Stars) make much more profit from this single event than stretching the series as long as possible could ever do.

The tension is much bigger, the date is much more important and one is rather inclined to take some time off to watch. I have watched the Superbowl more often than the NBA finals, just because it is less painful for me to do. (1 monday off). And I don't have a clue about football. The event is interesting though.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
279850.60 in reply to 279850.59
Date: 6/17/2016 1:00:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Baseball is not a sport? Im not going to take that bait lol

This Post:
279850.61 in reply to 279850.33
Date: 6/18/2016 3:41:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
GS is awesome to watch man!!
They play some of the best team basketball in the world.

I'd watch GS if i want to watch really good games of HORSE.

The Warriors have 3 players that even know what defense is, and 1 of the guys who plays defense is confused about his sexuality, or insecure about his manhood, because he's always touching or checking the manhood of the guys he's supposed to be defending.

The "team defense" concept of GS is "let's get so far ahead from our shooting 3s, that we force other teams to change their gameplan". So regular season, that strategy works. But I think we're seeing it rear in the playoffs, vs OKC and now vs CLE, that their team defense is not designed for drawn out series'. Their offense is too reliant on the 3 pt shooting being "on" for them to win any other way.

The Cavs for example jumped out fast and hard just exploiting the fact that without Bogut their already limited Defense is now a complete joke. Then in the 3rd quarter Klay Thompson goes about as off as he's gone all playoffs, but it just wasn't enough, sure it made the game more interesting, especially with the Cavs lollygagging around and James scoring 18 points in a row for them at one point.

But they were so far ahead that even with everyone just kinda "eh, leave it to LeBron" and Klay Thompson hitting every shot, I personally never felt like GS was going to come back in the game after the 1st quarter.

I expect to see the Cavs win it in GS because GS is completely clueless as to how to stop CLE from scoring at this point. Where Cleveland knows that no matter what happens, GS is going to want to have Curry, green, Thompson, etc. hit 3s, because that's all their good at.

Golden State was able to get away with it last year because it was novel to the west and the Cavs were too beat up in the east come finals. This year it barely got them through the west, it's really a miracle it did, they can moreso thank the fact that Westbrook and Durant have a long history of choking leads in 4th quarters reg season and playoffs. And the Cavs aren't beat up this time, so the "jumpshot" team that Barkley said would never succeed and had to eat his words over isd going to choke away a 3-1 and then we'll have to listen to Barkley go back to before eating his words.

Advertisement