This Post:
320335.53 in reply to 320335.52
Date: 9/18/2023 11:20:05 AM
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
I completetly disagree and this has been a long complaint of mine across the years .. i probably sound like a broken record

I see basketball game the same as chess, as an open information game, everybody knows how things work and you need strategy and flair to get there and be on top.

For me having information hidden in the forums sounds a very bad design for new and old users alike. I want to play a game not to stay constanly as a creep in the corner of the room and try read pages after pages of discussions to try and figure out how the GE works.

The GE should be fully explained, each attribute what it impacts and when changes are made we should know about the impact way in advance.

And before anybody jumps and smacks me that this would cause all their invaluable secret formulas of training to be easily obtained by new users, I only mentioned this for the GE The training and management part should continue to be with hidden information. Like for example how fast a player would pop after a training should remain as it is.

Message deleted
This Post:
320335.56 in reply to 320335.42
Date: 9/18/2023 11:53:08 AM
Syndicalists' BC
Naismith
Overall Posts Rated:
"Hi, we are currently working on X, with the hope that it will be ready for the new season".

On that note, I would expect there to be adjustments to the salary formula in the upcoming seasons. (This is not an official announcement because it has not been approved by those in charge).

Can you provide what salary adjustments are on the table? IS for guards? PA for bigs? Any others? Or wholesale changes? It would help us plan accordingly.

This Post:
320335.57 in reply to 320335.53
Date: 9/18/2023 11:53:31 AM
Freccia Azzurra
IV.18
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Slaytanic
If you see the game as chess, you should know the king is very important and can move by one in every position. How far he can go is up to you, old managers know exactly which skills are useful and how to train (or to not train) their rosters. You're quite young as manager and if you want/like you can send pm to users that often are on the B3 finals, they can tell you the best skills till today, from tomorrow maybe there will be other skills important if you wanna use a different tactic.
Justin has all the figures but there are tactics not used at all, what he'd like to explain, imho, is that training undervalued skills you may now try to use also forgotten tactics. In any case the best managers in few seaons will be able to tell you how these news has changed the GE

1990-2022 Stalinorgel - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV-Xppl6h8Et

This Post:
320335.58 in reply to 320335.53
Date: 9/18/2023 11:57:43 AM
Los de la Escalera
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
That's borring AF, you dont want to read fòrums, you prefer give your soul to the Excel.

This Post:
320335.59 in reply to 320335.54
Date: 9/18/2023 12:05:53 PM
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
But the training is more or less solved for a long time and related information are abundant.

There may be some individual preferences in the process (i.e. train some ID before OD or not related to height), but if GE was fully transparent the optimal build would be determined rather quickly - and therefore also the best training path to get there. So I prefer to leave some of GE traits in the darkness...

I'm not saying to show how each calculation is done but at least more information.
Like for example, how is passing used in a game? What does it impact? or what is the difference between inside shooting, drive and jump shots? and I'm not talking about giving me answers from the forums, this should be put in the game manual / make it more easy available for users like in tooltips in the game or if you click on an attribute.

for example, there is a buzzerbeater guide on the forum, but that is 13 years old is that still relevant for the current GE?

This Post:
320335.60 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/20/2023 6:36:53 AM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
The fact that BB is an outdated game with a game speed that is just not in touch with 2023.

The fact that BB is so slow is what makes it so awesome, special and unique in 2023. Everything in 2023 is supposed to be ultra-fast, highly addictive and utterly disposable in the short term. BB is a game designed to be played for decades, and as gaming gets faster and faster and faster, BB's slowness only adds more and more to its greatness. I hope this aspect of BB will never change.

That said, passing is and should always be valued and any changes in this direction get my thumbs up

This Post:
320335.61 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/20/2023 7:59:19 AM
Pupazzia
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Puppets Madness
Has anyone noticed an increase in fouls in matches? (or it's just my team?)
Could it be related to the increase in the importance of PA?

This Post:
320335.63 in reply to 320335.62
Date: 9/21/2023 3:32:05 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
If we all consensus on open shots boost due to this change. Question rises again - is open shot succes calculated against team defense rating? Has someone researched open shots accuracy now?
thnx

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching
Advertisement