Suggestions > Chemistry

Chemistry

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
41991.53 in reply to 41991.49
Date: 10/29/2009 10:37:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

in germany the team often makes contracts in a season, and normally this gives the team a kick for the next games. To integrate a single player goes pretty fast, and you normally don't see problems with it often you also see upsides.

Contracting a new player in the middle of the season can ofcourse give the team some new found energy. It can clear the head, motivates..But it can also do the opposite ofcourse. I guess i dont have to explain that. But there is a big difference in adding 1 new player in the middle of the season, or adding 5 new players in the middle of the season. Right? And that is happening in BB. And i guess nobody is talking about adding chemistry to BB, by punishing a manager bigtime for buying 1 player. Thats not the issue here.

play with your mind didn't mean always negativ kconsequneces, a guy with a try out contract could also push you - and i don't think that he is so bad for the chemistry if he didn't the contract at the end of the tryout and a try out is normally a short period.

A try-out is something else than buying a player here in BB and sell it. The guy does get a contract with no ending here in BB unless you fire his ass or sell it. He is part of the team.

Buying 5 players in 1 week and sell them the same week should mess with the minds of the veterans i guess. A good team runs ofcourse on skills, but dont forget self-confidence and tactics. New players do mess up self-confidence of the starters, because they can fear there job. "Why did my gm bought a new player on the SG position, i thought i was doing well there" And a newplayer that has been bought doesnt know the tactics.
Specially on a basketball court tactics a enormously important, therefor a new player cant perform 100% when he gets a place on the startinglist. Can you imagine what happens if 5 players need to learn the new tactics of the team and 2 of them start immediatly?

Unless you are Kobe Bryant, you should gonna adapt to the new situation. Adapting just takes time. BB is a teamsport. In a teamsport you need to know your teammates. Know how they think, knowing the tactics, teammates walkinglines, this makes a good team a winning team in every sport. Thats a fact for me. I think that a good TEAM, can even win from a ballclub with better players with no chemistry.

How nice would it be if your opponent buys 2 really nice (better) players, right before your rivalry, or before a P/O match, and doenst win because of a lack of chemistry? He gets punished for not planning ahead. Thats the way it should be.

Last edited by Maupster at 10/29/2009 10:53:39 AM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
41991.54 in reply to 41991.53
Date: 10/29/2009 11:44:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Buying 5 players in 1 week and sell them the same week should mess with the minds of the veterans i guess. A good team runs ofcourse on skills, but dont forget self-confidence and tactics. New players do mess up self-confidence of the starters, because they can fear there job. "Why did my gm bought a new player on the SG position, i thought i was doing well there" And a newplayer that has been bought doesnt know the tactics.

i could imagine, that a manager could tell them, hey those new guys are gone pretty fast, they just train 1-2 weeks with us, for me this isn't hard to imagine. In this case they will treat it like a try out and only get a bit bored through the tourist on training.

How nice would it be if your opponent buys 2 really nice (better) players, right before your rivalry, or before a P/O match, and doenst win because of a lack of chemistry? He gets punished for not planning ahead. Thats the way it should be.

isn't that also some kind of planning, maybe he waits for the right time so why he needs punishment ;)

And as is aid what is with newbie or team who had to change their team through a new sitution, a promotion(especially in a small country where the bonus could have a big impact) or when you changed training from inside through outside ... This teams are the majority of teams you punish with it, also if they plan the switch long time before.

This Post:
41991.55 in reply to 41991.54
Date: 10/29/2009 2:42:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

i could imagine, that a manager could tell them, hey those new guys are gone pretty fast, they just train 1-2 weeks with us, for me this isn't hard to imagine. In this case they will treat it like a try out and only get a bit bored through the tourist on training.

We are talking about 2 different transfers.

1 The player that has been bought and sold within lets say a week, with the only purpose of making money. Daytrading

You cant claim that as just an try-out, because when you buy a player on the transferlist you already can see all his skills. Its not like you can see 75% and need to figure those other 25% by taking him in for a couple of days.

Maybe chemistry should not apply for situation 1. I dont know. They dont play, they dont have to meet the staff, selection. And daytrading is already punished with higher taxes..But in a perfect world, like in real life, any player that has been bought does meet the staff, selection. A new guy who earns salary straight away, is a team member. I dont know any sport where a sportsman gets a contract and doesnt meet his new college's. Not on a regurlar basis anyway. Therefor i say imho, also daytrading should effect chemistry, but if it doesnt, i understand that fully.

Try-outs is for me to unreal, because thats just not the purpose of the transfer and you know that ;)

2. is the player that has been bought with the purpose to play. No try-out. These kind of players just has to adjust to their new teammates like i tried to explain earlier in our discussion.

If BB thinks that daytrading is punished enough, thats ok by me. Dont punish a newly bought player, but only punish a newly bought player who does play. When you buy one in 5 weeks, there should not be a big problem. Maybe the only the first 1 or 2 matches* When add more, and they do play, chemistry drops more and longer and will influence teamratings.

*one player added, you could also give a 80% chance of a negative chemistry-hit. Because some transfers, like you pointed out, will positively effect chemistry (for instance when a team plays bad for a long time and do need change)

isn't that also some kind of planning, maybe he waits for the right time so why he needs punishment ;)

No its not. Not when you compare to reallife. Mostly, new players do need time to adjust in any teamsport. When a manager attracts a new player for his team, 1 day before a important match, the guy couldnt even train with his new team. Right? ;) It can, ofcourse, give positive effects in rare situations. But now we only recieve positive effects and zero negative. Its should be the opposite. Like i stated above, 80% of the time a negative influence and 20% positive.

And as is aid what is with newbie or team who had to change their team through a new sitution, a promotion(especially in a small country where the bonus could have a big impact) or when you changed training from inside through outside ... This teams are the majority of teams you punish with it, also if they plan the switch long time before.

Good point. And i agree. We agree You could give new teams time to adjust without getting a penalty. A new team needs new players, all the players would understand that, with no negative reactions. It gives new teams time to build. Once build, every manager could plan his new transfers without effecting chemistry to much. Just like with the taxes. Also new teams have to adjust to taxes, by day 1.

Last edited by Maupster at 10/29/2009 2:55:00 PM

Ben je op zoek naar een BB-Buddy die jou alle kneepjes van BB bijbrengt? Neem dan deel aan het Buddy-sytem. Pm mij voor meer info
This Post:
41991.56 in reply to 41991.55
Date: 10/29/2009 3:15:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i find it a bit stupid to play in the beginning with other rules, this also will be misleading a lot of managers even if it stand in the rules.

The other cases aren't reflected and much more common then the daytrading approach, and i am still convinced that a manager could tell them that those players are just temporary there, and afaik a big player agency(beobasket the team is in adrialeague i believe) have a team in europe, where uncontracted players sometimes get training or maybe even playing time(i don't know how often they switch but in the past years Alba Berlin get 1-2 player out of their current rooster, and some more get discussed). Ok maybe you don't have a speak to your team button implemented, but i am pretty sure a manager n Real could do that, and also those daytrades mst times are planned so that he will do that.

But we also don't play a real game, the training system also is pretty unreal right? And that also need quick adjustment to your rooster sometimes, because if you switch training from inside to outiside you will nearly have to change your complete rooster. Also the transferlist is the thing where "action" happen besides the forum which also shouldn't be that unatractive.

PS: tryout also get paid, those people doesn't hang up there for free.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/29/2009 3:16:11 PM

This Post:
41991.57 in reply to 41991.56
Date: 10/29/2009 3:59:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Its just a black or white, right? ;) Chemistry just not an option for you. No problem.

This Post:
41991.58 in reply to 41991.57
Date: 10/29/2009 8:54:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Maupster, I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU!!!! Every your word is simply the True, and there is no chance that you're wrong!

If I could just vote, I would vote that you become new BB (or GM at least!!!!!).

Really, this forum is going to beeeeee... so boring! I can't read all that "no" answers, and all that excuses. Sometimes I feel that they must do that, that's their job... but after that, I cant see any logical in their answers :(
You are trying to explain them that this would be something good for the game... but they just trying to find something wrong in your post and to say something like "no" (like all of them are from my country:)

BB's are not posting anything in this topic, but I'm sure that they are thinking about this! This is something that must be implemented in game (at least in form which HT has it), and that is just question of time when that will happens.

To: Ozzy
This Post:
41991.59 in reply to 41991.58
Date: 11/1/2009 11:55:20 AM
1986 Celtics
IV.21
Overall Posts Rated:
we do read this forum, the problem that we have is that we say, oh.. huh.. that's a good idea, many people read that as a promise of "we will do that". People take rule changes very seriously and expect a very explicit time period of advanced notice. When we make these vague sort of statements of support of some change it tends to confuse and anger people on both sides of support for such change. Some people will start adjusting strategy in anticipation of the rule change etc...

we really cannot be active participants in this discussion.. and believe me it pains us because we have lots of thoughts on these matters. We do enjoy reading ideas that people have and do consider them.