Botification

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
8077.55 in reply to 8077.54
Date: 1/21/2008 3:16:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't think you can consider LA-Lord of Doom's post to be flaming

I think he was directing that at Y_I_F but didn't change the To: part.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
8077.56 in reply to 8077.55
Date: 1/21/2008 3:18:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hmmm, you're probably right. My bad.

This Post:
8077.57 in reply to 8077.55
Date: 1/21/2008 5:22:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
JuicePats is correct; forgot to change the to:...Sorry about that.

yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the "present."
This Post:
8077.58 in reply to 8077.52
Date: 1/21/2008 10:37:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Last season bot teams did do regular promotion if they won the playoff, and then they were replaced by live teams. I'm sure no bots were promoted during the secondary promotion.

This Post:
8077.59 in reply to 8077.11
Date: 1/22/2008 4:39:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it's good to botify teams that don't log in that often... but i wish that BB would be advertised well so that there will be more players and the game would be more competitive. you cannot tell if your team is that good if you just play with bot teams.

This Post:
8077.60 in reply to 8077.59
Date: 1/22/2008 4:46:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it's good to botify teams that don't log in that often... but i wish that BB would be advertised well so that there will be more players and the game would be more competitive. you cannot tell if your team is that good if you just play with bot teams.

The BBs want to be sure the new servers are up and running, and are able to handle an increased user load before they do their advertising push.

You wouldn't want them to bring in a ton of new users before they're ready and not be able to hardly access the site, right?

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
8077.61 in reply to 8077.60
Date: 1/22/2008 5:06:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You wouldn't want them to bring in a ton of new users before they're ready and not be able to hardly access the site, right?

oh yeah! that's right... can't wait for that day... especially filipino players signing in...Ü

This Post:
8077.62 in reply to 8077.50
Date: 1/22/2008 5:39:25 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
That's quite a bit of hair splitting you're doing over there dissecting the meaning of a pretty clear post by Juice. Sounds like you're looking for something/someone to be upset at.

It wasn't clear to me, my bad.

This Post:
8077.63 in reply to 8077.52
Date: 1/22/2008 5:53:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A shame, if the bot replacement team I trounced gets promoted and I don't, that's strike one against BuzzerBeater.

I waited for six, seven strikes against Hattrick over three seasons before quitting in disgust, I won't hang on that long with BB.

not so sure the bot team gets promoted, since they are doing the opposite, getting the bot teams down...

I

In your ire (perhaps justified) you missed my entire point that the team is not a bot, it is a replacement owner who is being given credit for finishing with the most wins when the hard work was done by an owner who thought so little of finishing first that he quit.

You have stated that the team with the most wins gets the promotion. The team in my conference with nominally the most wins replaced the team that logged the most wins. That team is not as strong as either of the conference finalist, Exhibit A being my 38 point win. Surely either conference finalist is a better bet to hang on in the Third Division.

Plus, both conference finalists have been playing since Nov 2. The new team joined in early January. I think the ultimate goal of BB is to become a going concern. To do that, you need more people to become supporters. Which group of owners is more likely to pay $40? Newbies in their first month? Or owners in their third month who are building solid programs?

Food for thought and comment.

As to my decision to stay, drop BB or pay $40, I'll post later as to what I'm looking for in the way of a pastime, and what would cause me Hattrick-level irritation.

This Post:
8077.64 in reply to 8077.63
Date: 1/22/2008 6:40:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
you missed my entire point that the team is not a bot, it is a replacement owner who is being given credit for finishing with the most wins when the hard work was done by an owner who thought so little of finishing first that he quit.

You have stated that the team with the most wins gets the promotion. The team in my conference with nominally the most wins replaced the team that logged the most wins. That team is not as strong as either of the conference finalist, Exhibit A being my 38 point win. Surely either conference finalist is a better bet to hang on in the Third Division.

Plus, both conference finalists have been playing since Nov 2. The new team joined in early January. I think the ultimate goal of BB is to become a going concern. To do that, you need more people to become supporters. Which group of owners is more likely to pay $40? Newbies in their first month? Or owners in their third month who are building solid programs?

As to my decision to stay, drop BB or pay $40, I'll post later as to what I'm looking for in the way of a pastime, and what would cause me Hattrick-level irritation.

paragraph one: true, I missed that, sorry, thought you where saying a bot would be promoted in your place. Sorry about that.

pragraph 2: also clearly true, I as well would say that promotion due to bots comming down should be done by end of PO, not before PO, standings. But if they choose to do it the other way, what can we say? They could as well leave everything where it is, and that way it would take even longer for many teams to get up... Just look it at that way, we got nothing, we can receive something. Should they say to me you can choose, either noone gets anything, or we have a lottery with prizes of 500 dollars and 1000 dollars, but it is also possible that you get nothing, I'd choose for the lottery, if I don't win, too bad... After all, the chance one promotes if he has a a PO team is prety big, even if you finished 7th in your league. There's a lot of bot teams out there... The lottery would not be as fair as saying we give everyone 200 dollars, but okay, it's better than the nobody gets anything deal. But yes you are right, it would be more fair if they looked at standings after Play Offs.

Paragraph 3: can't agree on that. I think there are a lot of factors and caracteristics users can have, other than that they want to pay 40$ for supporter, that are highly valued by the BBs
The 40 form the supporters is nice, especially now at the start of the game when they can't start making profit yet, but once the game has a constant big number of users, they'll get their income for the game from advertising. To be able to get many users, they need other users. Not the users that want to pay, but the users that make the game fun for others and I don't think that we can put these in either of the groups paying or none paying, in both groups there will be valuable users for the game...
If they start making decisions based on users paying or not, they will bury their game in no time...
So to answer this paragraph, I don't think they need more users to become supporters, they just need the valuable users to stay, wheter they pay or not...

For your final paragraph. No one can choose this for you, I hope that whatever you choose you will find as much enjoyment in your free time as possible. This is no sarcasm, I realy mean this. This indeed goes for everyone else as well, not just you.
The fact you post about your thoughts is the fact you care, so don't wait around for someone who will make this decision for you, or tell you what you should do. It's important to make your own decision here, only that way you will be able to be happy with it.
Any choice you make, take care!

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
8077.65 in reply to 8077.64
Date: 1/22/2008 10:49:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I hope that whatever you choose you will find as much enjoyment in your free time as possible. This is no sarcasm, I realy mean this. This indeed goes for everyone else as well, not just you.

I believe you. Plus, I think we are now 'on the same page.'

I do think BB needs to focus on the revenue side of the game. I've worked at a few startups and small businesses that had good products/services and but didn't quite get enough money rolling in the door quickly enough to cover unexpected expenses. these always happen.

I am rooting for BB to succeed and plan on staying around at least through the next season.

I wish I could get my cronies to sign up, but they refuse to believe a Hattrick clone is worth their time. So far, their loss.

Advertisement