Suggestions > Raise the dead

Raise the dead

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
133846.56 in reply to 133846.29
Date: 3/22/2010 4:10:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Now we can argue about the fact that in the real world some NT players might play in the second league in a foreing country, but I think we all can agree that no NT player will play in the second league of their own country!

So perhaps there should be a restriction of appointing players into the NT

germany played with Robin Benzing(2cd german league) and Elias Harris(3rd German league) at the european competition in Poland last year^^

So overall a silly rule.

I agree completely. Regardless of that there is other reasons to appoint a player to NT and I am sure you didnt think about a U21 NT etc. More code - more room for a bug/bad design an for what?

This Post:
133846.57 in reply to 133846.38
Date: 3/22/2010 4:18:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Surely a new country with no good players yet would be pleased to have such restricitons possibly making it impossible to populate a national team if all managers decided to go for fotreign player to "get better now" of when thre wouldnt be many active teams in their I.1 (due to inactivity, banned teams - multiteams or wahtever, etc.).

The rule can only bring unforeseen problems and ddint really bring any sense or value to the game. Plus every counttry is different. I dont know why I shouldnt have a NT player in second league (or any lower). Logically in such scenario I want to get better and compete with Div 1 team sooner or later and I could build a team for such a goal including good domestic players because there is a merchandise "discount" in them.

This Post:
133846.58 in reply to 133846.47
Date: 3/22/2010 4:26:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A suggestion (since this is the Suggestion forum). Why not give the NT-coaches an additional option to shortlist some players? If sacked from a team, players on the NT shortlist would be released to the TL as free agents, rather than end their careers. A feature like this would have no impact on NT game shape like releasing/adding players would have.

I believe this would be fair to the NT-coaches (including helpers) that from my experience devote a lot of time mapping out and keeping track of talent, giving advice to owners, and so on. Might seem trivial to some, but it's unbelievably shitty to see prospects perish like this. If I wanted to keep those really into the game (people around the NT) motivated, I'd do something about this..

This would unbalance the whole NT race because it would protege bigger countries with larger pool of very good players. Currently it is 18 (+18 of u21) for everyone. Not tha I support possible sabotaging as in the french accusation but there should be the limit forcing nt managers to use thsoe 18 spots effectivally dealing with qualtiy, game shape, potential for future etc. otherwise it would be completely a matter fo dull bigger pool over nt manager skill. Bigger countries have an advantage of bigger draft pools and that should be about it, it should be up to them if they can hold on that advantage or not. Since NT managers ar voted there is no issue.

This Post:
133846.59 in reply to 133846.58
Date: 3/22/2010 4:52:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This would unbalance the whole NT race because it would protege bigger countries with larger pool of very good players. Currently it is 18 (+18 of u21) for everyone. Not tha I support possible sabotaging as in the french accusation but there should be the limit forcing nt managers to use thsoe 18 spots effectivally dealing with qualtiy, game shape, potential for future etc. otherwise it would be completely a matter fo dull bigger pool over nt manager skill. Bigger countries have an advantage of bigger draft pools and that should be about it, it should be up to them if they can hold on that advantage or not. Since NT managers ar voted there is no issue.

I disagree and think it's exactly the opposite. It's small countries with small pools of players that are especially sensitive to this kind of sabotage. I coached the U21 of Norway which is a small BB-country with approx 150 active teams. We had a hard time trying to prevent our talent going bot and retiring while still trying to stay competitive (keep enthusiasm up) versus bigger countries. I believe this would be a nice addition for anyone around the NT-teams, especially for the small nations!

This Post:
133846.60 in reply to 133846.59
Date: 3/22/2010 7:06:02 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Or that way. Waht I dont like about it is that it would wash NT managers management skill (and devotion) differences away.