BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Prevent GMs to decide on issues...

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277748.57 in reply to 277748.56
Date: 4/7/2016 9:44:32 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
My understanding of the BB appeal process is that they feel you must accept the original decision.

All the appeal is is asking them to take a 2nd look, and they are saying they do. You get a confirmation that your appeal was sent but there is no guarantee of anything beyond that.

THey say
"We got your message"
Tehy don't promise to come back later or within X time frame and say
"YOur appeal was denied"

You would only normally hear back if they reversed a decision.

None of that contradicts anything I said.

IMO tehy can do what they want. This is not a government or a club. Its a business, their business. You can only vote with your feet and your $$, and its a vote of approval or denial, no grey area. They let us talk here, and talk back, but we shouldn't expect it.

I agree its a business. I'm not sure where I said it wasn't but I think its clear its a business. As such they shouldn't really do things that drive people to vote with their feet, if indeed there is a danger of that. As for expectations, unfortunately I do have them, and in this matter I feel its decent to expect a reply to an appeal.

Of course you're entitled to your opinion, and I believe I can see your point. I just can't agree with you on this one.

It's probably smart for them to discuss with customers etc. more...but I think at the point of appeals they are dealing with very unruly customers and they have to make a choice at some point how to use their limited resources. Should they post stuff like news messages that all 20k users can see, or post a million 'sorry you were in teh wrong' appeal messages to people who can't take responsibility for being unruly in the forums???????

I've not said anything about news message that all 20k users can see so I don't see why you'd bring that up. I doubt its quite a million messages they'd need to send, and nor do I agree that every appeal is by people who can't take responsibility for being unruly in the forums.

This Post:
277748.61 in reply to 277748.55
Date: 4/7/2016 11:02:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then I'll say without discussing a particular decision, it is wrong not to inform people of the outcome of the appeal. Without any idea of how long an appeal can take how can you know when a negative decision has been made?

This post clearly is about a process, and not a decision, therefore I expect it not to be deleted.

Of course you are exactly right. There is no appeals process. It is nothing but a sham of the first order. I will not say what I think of the people involved, and that's too bad because the language would have been terrifically colorful, possibly bordering on epic. At least now everyone knows there is no appeals process.

This Post:
277748.62 in reply to 277748.59
Date: 4/7/2016 11:24:24 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Then I'll say without discussing a particular decision, it is wrong not to inform people of the outcome of the appeal.

If its happening yes. But i don't think this is true. There is a chance not to receive a response when your appeal has been rejected but this is not the normal behaviour as far as we know.
This post clearly is about a process, and not a decision, therefore I expect it not to be deleted.

This was not a post about the appealing process because actually the process was not followed in the specific case. The only way to appeal is to sent an e-mail to appeals@buzzerbeater.com. This is clearly stated in the rules. BB-Mails or forums are not the proper way to appeal for a decision or a complain.

I hate to nitpick, but when I said "This post" I meant mine, the one you quote; not the one prior to that, which was deleted. I worded it very carefully to avoid discussing a decision and so your point about "the specific case" is wasted. When you're either misreading, misquoting or misrepresenting what I say, you are in fact proving that decisions can indeed be made poorly.

This Post:
277748.63 in reply to 277748.61
Date: 4/7/2016 11:25:48 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Of course you are exactly right. There is no appeals process. It is nothing but a sham of the first order. I will not say what I think of the people involved, and that's too bad because the language would have been terrifically colorful, possibly bordering on epic. At least now everyone knows there is no appeals process.

Answering an appeal wouldn't in fact prove that it was considered, but it would at least be better than no reply at all.

This Post:
277748.64 in reply to 277748.59
Date: 4/7/2016 11:30:35 AM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
Then I'll say without discussing a particular decision, it is wrong not to inform people of the outcome of the appeal.

If its happening yes. But i don't think this is true. There is a chance not to receive a response when your appeal has been rejected but this is not the normal behaviour as far as we know.

Sorry to reply to you twice but since I'm making a separate point, perhaps you can understand.

This is from the manual:

"In the unfortunate situation that your account is banned, you may appeal the decision by sending an e-mail to appeals@buzzerbeater.com. All of these appeals are read, and each situation will be carefully reviewed again by the BB Staff. If your account is unlocked (this is VERY rare), you will receive an email letting you know; if you do not hear from us, it is because your appeal was denied."

Are you saying that that refers only to cases of banning and not to all appeals? I think that's what your reply says, though in a slightly ambiguous way. If so, then fine. But I would still say all appeals should be answered.

This Post:
277748.66 in reply to 277748.63
Date: 4/7/2016 3:52:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

Answering an appeal wouldn't in fact prove that it was considered, but it would at least be better than no reply at all.

Exactly. And it would represent at least 30 seconds devoted to customer service, which unfortunately is completely absent from this site. Of course, we aren't "customers" to them, we are "users."

I understand that in much of eastern Europe, particularly countries that came out from behind the Cold War iron curtain, that the concept of customer service is lacking or absent, so perhaps we shouldn't expect any. At least that way the website would exactly meet our expectations.

Advertisement