BB Global (English) > Seriously WTF?

Seriously WTF? (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277903.57 in reply to 277903.56
Date: 3/21/2016 12:23:49 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

So most likely those who want to compete wil keep certain players until they turn to grandpas. If you have 32 yo guy with TSP 120 (or corresponding TSP for D2, D3... level) at the moment, why sell him at all? For the money you will get, you can hardly buy a younger, already partly developed player who could get to same skills in 4-5 seasons... Better just keep that guy then until he is 36... And this situation won't help the market.

With these trends, where buying and selling soon will make not much sense for those who want to stay at the same level, we will quickly have either tankers or grandpa hoarders, but no trainers. And quite a few quitters, former grandpa owners without any substantial cash, who will see no way ahead for them.

More FAs would at least partly help this issue.

can't agree more. the current situation is corroding my love for this game. i am one to two players away from a promotion, and i have been looking through the market every day for half a year but find no reasonable deal. i know my top players can sell for 5-6 millions in today's market, but i have gone so far that i don't want to get into the rebuild mode. so what can i do except training while that 1-2 hole in the roster remains and my top players age and my money in the bank increases at a turtle rate?

BBs, plz, do something, either more FAs or delay skill drop age.

This Post:
277903.58 in reply to 277903.57
Date: 3/21/2016 6:51:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Or faster/more flexible training or a combination of all of these. Now get your +1 ball.

Message deleted
This Post:
277903.60 in reply to 277903.58
Date: 3/21/2016 9:30:54 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Or faster/more flexible training or a combination of all of these. Now get your +1 ball.

thx mate. I feel that BBs, GMs and LAs all are trying to convince others (or maybe even themselves) that the way the game is now is rational, but it's not, and I can't see it turning around unless they do some interference.

It's like politics. What matters is not what is correct and what is wrong, it's how people feel. and I can see no one feeling good right now. Some players may be happy now because they can sell players they bought about 1 year ago for 3 to 4 times of money, but then? Where do their teams go? Using that money to buy lower quality players as replacement and then sell the same players a few months later for double of the money? Someone plz tell me it's not the way to play this game now.

Last edited by The Worker at 3/21/2016 9:31:53 AM

This Post:
277903.61 in reply to 277903.60
Date: 3/21/2016 10:03:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

thx mate. I feel that BBs, GMs and LAs all are trying to convince others (or maybe even themselves) that the way the game is now is rational, but it's not, and I can't see it turning around unless they do some interference.

It's like politics. What matters is not what is correct and what is wrong, it's how people feel. and I can see no one feeling good right now. Some players may be happy now because they can sell players they bought about 1 year ago for 3 to 4 times of money, but then? Where do their teams go? Using that money to buy lower quality players as replacement and then sell the same players a few months later for double of the money? Someone plz tell me it's not the way to play this game now.

I would hope you don't count me in that group. I think I am pretty open in that I think there are some things that could definitely be improved, and I am extremely open in discussing proposed changes. There are things that I personally don't think I'd ever consider, namely any sort of "pay to win", any changes that remove meaningful choice from the game, or anything that removes the ability of managers to end up moving up (or down) the leagues based on their managerial ability rather than simply how long they've been in the game or how much time they spend on the site.

If it makes you feel better, some ten to fifteen seasons ago, everyone was miserable because they would spend hundreds of thousands of dollars over several seasons on staff wages training players, only to see their value drop tremendously, while people were able to pick up starters off the transfer list or free agency for almost nothing. I think we all would prefer a happy medium where prices are stable. How we get there, of course, is a matter of great debate and of course if it were as easy as BB-Marin decreeing it were so, I'm certain it would have happened.

In the end, it's a game, and part of the challenge is trying to adapt your strategies to what is happening and projecting what *will* happen. Those who do a better job of that will thrive, and those who don't likely won't.

This Post:
277903.62 in reply to 277903.60
Date: 3/21/2016 12:27:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

You're right, obviously. So right that a GM felt the need to come on and blow smoke at you. You hit too close to home for comfort!

To: RiP
This Post:
277903.64 in reply to 277903.63
Date: 3/21/2016 6:39:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oops, BB-Ryan, your post got cut off before you made your point.

This Post:
277903.65 in reply to 277903.64
Date: 3/21/2016 7:38:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Oops, BB-Ryan, your post got cut off before you made your point.

I disagree.

Advertisement