Changes in Season 10

Set priority
Show messages by

To: RiP
This Post:
93604.574 in reply to 93604.573
Date: 8/7/2009 6:38:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe they should fix the part about home court first, for relegation amtches which differs from the final thing becuause this ain't just misleading it is totally wrong.

This Post:
93604.575 in reply to 93604.571
Date: 8/7/2009 9:34:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry if I offended your unsurpassed understanding of the training system and game engine.

If, after reading the rules, a new manager thinks that they are a detailed and specific account of how to succeed in this game, then their understanding of the written word is suspect. I think that the rules are dleiberately and unquestionably general. I think it is great. You were once a beginner and now you have knowledge that even the BB's themselves would be proud to have. How did you do it? The same way anyone who wants to succeed in this game does. Put in some effort.

Why would it help if the match ratings were any different? Do you understand how the ratings are created? This is my understanding of how they are created. Each team rating is made up of a combination of player skills, weighted by position and calculated cumulatively over the course of the game. They don't take matchups into account so even if you have a very low (for example) rebounding rating you could still have a big advantage on the boards if you have one monster rebounder playing against a mediocre rebounder on the other team. The match ratings don't calculate how the GE functions. They calculate the relative strength of a combination of player skills.

If people can't get the hang of things, they can post in the help forum. That is exactly what it is for.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
93604.577 in reply to 93604.576
Date: 8/8/2009 12:26:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The rules of a game don't tell you the best way to play it nor do they tell you how to train or strategize or whatnot. They tell you what you can and can't do, not what you should or shouldn't do.
That said, I see your point and to some extent I agree. I do think that the tone of the rules makes it clear that they are neither concrete nor direct.

I rarely get on the Help forum, but when I do I try to give as specific advice as I can. Also, I often send the questioning poster a BBmail where I can speak about their specific lineup more frankly.

Last edited by somdetsfinest at 8/8/2009 12:34:10 AM

This Post:
93604.578 in reply to 93604.577
Date: 8/8/2009 4:46:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
(13105642)

If anyone wanna take a look. It can seem that i won easily(+13) but it was really a close game that in the last quarter i was able to win it, but..

My question is:

How the hell his SF was able to score me 45 points? I used a 3-2 zone and my 3 outside players are good on outside defense, moreover i was playing at home, the only thing is that he played me with more effort.

Anyway, i had some chances to lose this game and i feel that it doesnt matter what defense you play because your opponent always will score you without many troubles.

The only thing its clear with this new engine is that the showtime of Harlem Globetrotters has arrived to BB and we can say goodbye to the defenses... its a pitty i cant watch their moves ¡

This Post:
93604.579 in reply to 93604.575
Date: 8/8/2009 6:04:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nobody is asking to have a page Rules that shows you different strategies to win or train. I think we all agree that is something you should eventually come up with.

The thing about this Rules Discussion is that since they are THE official explanation of the game. It should be said that what is actually wtrite there is not totally accurate and that they are meant to give a rough idea of some things, so you should take them carefully. Because, Í almost certain that it is written that they are general, but what is also important is to explain that they are not accurate in that general explanation. "Rules" are there to guide not to mislead.

Because, you can give an accurate general explanation, but it might be interesting to not give it. I agree with that. Just let the user know that.

This Post:
93604.580 in reply to 93604.579
Date: 8/9/2009 12:02:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you give specific examples of this, please.

This Post:
93604.581 in reply to 93604.561
Date: 8/13/2009 9:14:52 AM
Kitakyushu
ASL
Overall Posts Rated:
Nicely put..My last game I was running a 2-3 zone..when the craziest thing happened..My C rotated out and was defending a PG on a 3 point shot...WHAT!! crazy.. My C's OD is inept so I was running a 2-3 zone, where in a perfect world, he should never leave the paint.(http://www.coachesclipboard.net/23zonedefense.html) In a 2-3 zone, the highest my C should get is the FT line and that is only to stop a pass into the low post...Now I have to run my bigs out of P to give them some OD training because even in a 2-3 zone he has a chance of defending a 3... crazy
peace, and I feel your pain...

Last edited by Yellow cake at 8/13/2009 9:23:00 AM

This Post:
93604.582 in reply to 93604.580
Date: 8/13/2009 11:34:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can you give specific examples of this, please.

I have been reconsidering this thing. I read the english rules all over again, and it is important to keep them as a simple, general, not too specific, rough description of some things. They should be able to spread some light on the new managers while keeping the game interesting.

I believe that they already tell they are just a general explanation.

This Post:
93604.583 in reply to 93604.1
Date: 8/13/2009 10:23:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the new buzzer beater i have been searching these forums, but i havent found an answer to my question. When u go into manage my team area they have a player picked out on the transfer list, now is that just a random player or is that a player the server picks as an improvement to your team?
Jon
I appologize if i posted this in the wrong area.

http://website.ws/gralle101 If you are a motivated person and your interested in running your own website come watch this video. You can make a potential full time income while working part time from the comforts of your own home.
This Post:
93604.584 in reply to 93604.583
Date: 8/14/2009 2:46:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
That is for you to decide, I suppose. The player is chosen based on how much $$$ you have in your bank and the timing of the auction. An yes, you posted in the wrong area.

Advertisement