BB Global (English) > S34 Forgotten News: 3pt line moved

S34 Forgotten News: 3pt line moved

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
277612.58 in reply to 277612.55
Date: 3/5/2016 7:44:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, something that daunts people with self-respect and intelligence, qualities that do not burden me, would it be worthwhile to train team passing?

i could imagine this working most effectively, if it worked at all, with a team in the mid- to late-20s, but i wonder if it would be the most efficient way to bring along the greatest number of players. it is my opinion that what is needed to make an offense work is not simply a single passer but an offense that utilizes all players who can handle the ball and pass. if this is true, absolute levels of JS/JR are less important and, in addition, the training could work without distorting starting lineups (playing C at PG for example).

This Post:
277612.59 in reply to 277612.58
Date: 3/5/2016 9:51:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
at the risk of sounding like a complete idiot, something that daunts people with self-respect and intelligence, qualities that do not burden me, would it be worthwhile to train team passing?

i could imagine this working most effectively, if it worked at all, with a team in the mid- to late-20s, but i wonder if it would be the most efficient way to bring along the greatest number of players. it is my opinion that what is needed to make an offense work is not simply a single passer but an offense that utilizes all players who can handle the ball and pass. if this is true, absolute levels of JS/JR are less important and, in addition, the training could work without distorting starting lineups (playing C at PG for example).

Well, it would be great if you're running an inside offense - assisted shots are actually a good thing there. You know how I felt about handling and passing on everyone, but you also know that the only things I was effective at that way, for the most part, was my big men hitting contested threes, assisted inside/layups, and occasionally an outside shooter having a day where he was insanely hot and singlehandedly put up the points.

I'm entirely unconvinced at this point that passing / driving / handling do any good for outside shooting. I'm still a few seasons away from being able to have any real data points worth looking at, though.

This Post:
277612.65 in reply to 277612.64
Date: 4/20/2016 8:47:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
%s are noticably improved IMO

I am not so convinced. To me the worst part about 3 point shooting is the unstable amount of shots you can get in any tactic. Sometimes it seems more shots are taken, sometimes less. One could argue, of course it depends on the opponent and whatnot, but a bit more predictable shot selection or volume would help a lot.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
277612.67 in reply to 277612.66
Date: 4/20/2016 11:20:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Iso inside and iso outside produce the same amount of 3point attempts - very few. Makes no sense to me.

With RNG and PTB you get many 3-pointers from all positions - makes no sense to me either.

Patient is extremely random had like anything between 11 to 29 attempts a game, against bots. But thats a weird tactic anyways.

But I must admint I did no research and did not follow the changes, so maybe thats just random stats I am throwing out. Small SS too...

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
Advertisement