Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
320335.58 in reply to 320335.53
Date: 9/18/2023 11:57:43 AM
Los de la Escalera
III.14
Overall Posts Rated:
That's borring AF, you dont want to read fòrums, you prefer give your soul to the Excel.

This Post:
320335.59 in reply to 320335.54
Date: 9/18/2023 12:05:53 PM
BC Delfinii Purpurii
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Grudgebearers
But the training is more or less solved for a long time and related information are abundant.

There may be some individual preferences in the process (i.e. train some ID before OD or not related to height), but if GE was fully transparent the optimal build would be determined rather quickly - and therefore also the best training path to get there. So I prefer to leave some of GE traits in the darkness...

I'm not saying to show how each calculation is done but at least more information.
Like for example, how is passing used in a game? What does it impact? or what is the difference between inside shooting, drive and jump shots? and I'm not talking about giving me answers from the forums, this should be put in the game manual / make it more easy available for users like in tooltips in the game or if you click on an attribute.

for example, there is a buzzerbeater guide on the forum, but that is 13 years old is that still relevant for the current GE?

This Post:
320335.60 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/20/2023 6:36:53 AM
Franca Shoemakers Revival
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Mito só o da Caverna
The fact that BB is an outdated game with a game speed that is just not in touch with 2023.

The fact that BB is so slow is what makes it so awesome, special and unique in 2023. Everything in 2023 is supposed to be ultra-fast, highly addictive and utterly disposable in the short term. BB is a game designed to be played for decades, and as gaming gets faster and faster and faster, BB's slowness only adds more and more to its greatness. I hope this aspect of BB will never change.

That said, passing is and should always be valued and any changes in this direction get my thumbs up

This Post:
320335.61 in reply to 320335.38
Date: 9/20/2023 7:59:19 AM
Pupazzia
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Puppets Madness
Has anyone noticed an increase in fouls in matches? (or it's just my team?)
Could it be related to the increase in the importance of PA?

This Post:
320335.63 in reply to 320335.62
Date: 9/21/2023 3:32:05 AM
Nitra Corgons
Extraliga
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Nitra Urpiners
If we all consensus on open shots boost due to this change. Question rises again - is open shot succes calculated against team defense rating? Has someone researched open shots accuracy now?
thnx

1 BBB, 20 Leagues, 10 Tournaments, 3 Europe Titles (SVK), 2 World Bronzes (SVK), 2 Europe Bronzes (SVK,FRA), 42 Seasons NT coaching

This Post:
320335.64 in reply to 320335.62
Date: 9/22/2023 10:13:06 AM
Luckers on the wave
Super League
Overall Posts Rated:
How do you defend against movement and passing ?

This Post:
320335.67 in reply to 320335.66
Date: 9/25/2023 4:24:21 PM
Atl. Winchester
IV.6
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks for the effort, I watched the whole conversation.

In my opinion, the bigger picture of the GE change is to somehow end LI supremacy as users point out, and I feel this is indeed happening (checking B3 and national teams games).

I'm checking this thread regularly, it's probably a lot of us who would appreciate managers' insights on how badly the change has impacted OD and DR. Also what sort of ability levels an ideal team is going to evolve towards, substituting the 20+ OD DR IS hegemony.

I wonder if LI will still be able to survive this, as maybe a level re-distribution can make it work like in previous seasons, with the difference that the rest of the tactics are now keeping up with it.

This Post:
320335.68 in reply to 320335.54
Date: 9/30/2023 11:25:18 AM
Corntucky Mildcats
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Winchester Crows

This thread is really touching on two big philosophical topics.

1. Should the game share code with the community? If so, how much?

2. Is the game trying to grow its' user base? If so, at what cost?

Both are ONLY through the lense of Buzzerbeater, which as many of you have figured out, is a long-term game. And when I say long-term, I am not sure I know a game that's more long-term than this one. If you can think of an example, pls reply lol.

So, with the critically important context that Buzzerbeater is not Call of Duty, or Animal Crossing, or Football Manager, we now understand that we cannot approach it the same way we approach nearly all modern games.

You don't marinade chicken in asparagus, because asparagus is not a marinade, it is a vegetable.

So...

1. If the game shares its' code and explains exactly how X affects Y, all builds, and build paths, will become too similar. The game will feel like a zombie movie at some point. Everyone going through the same motions in the same order. Not only that, because the game takes a very long time, it'll get boring knowing everything. Maybe not right away, but in a few months? Oh, indeed. You will be bored. The mystery will be gone. And your appetite still won't be satiated.

Because if we have learned anything about human nature, we always want more. Enough is never enough. I present... the entire world, as evidence to my claim.

So, if you want to know everything or most everything because "That's what I want"... then you might as well just dump numbers into excel and play that way. Ya know, build your whole team in excel for a day then go play other games for the next 10 years.

Mystery is a good thing. You want mystery in your life. The thrill, if you will.

Go listen to BB King is u need more convincing.

That's where I come out on #1.

So then...

2. I love young people, and it's totally not their fault they are growing up in a messed up world. The tech spike is real. Their poor, little attentions spans will never grow to the levels of ours.

There will be some outliers for sure. Lots of bright, young minds out there might really enjoy this type of challenge. I think we could court them by marketing BB as a vintage game. Old school. Retro. Whatever. I think if we lean into the fact the game is long-term, that may be better than pretending that it's not.

So demographics aside, if we want the user base back north of 20k, I do agree that some game manual adjustments or maybe some quick vids (like under 3 min) would help user retention.

But at the same time, only the strong survive. The users who stay are usually rewarded. Through knowledge, accolades, self-gratification, etc. This game challenges your mental resolve and forces you to ferret out intel.

I think #2 is partly on us, the community, how we engage with potential users, and how much we talk about the game outside of this site, discord, etc.

The staff, small and resourceful as it may be, is still nothing like the staffs at Activision, or Blizzard, or Larian, etc.

Again, asparagus is a vegetable not a marinade. And Justin's app has given BB a second lease on life. He likely won't enjoy all the praise, but the dude saved the game with the app. Not sure anyone could argue otherwise.

I don't want to get into the weeds of past issues. No point really. Waste of energy. I am always more concerned about the now and future.

I do think any GE updates or tweaks should be done in very small ways and at least with 1 season of notice. I am guessing the team gathers data in a way that would take us, collectively, weeks or even months.

So, I do trust them when they roll stuff out, or make some changes. Maybe you aren't the trusting type. Maybe the last decade of societal garbage you've ingested has made it hard for you to trust anyone or any one institution. I wouldn't blame you, but cynicism is easy. It's low hanging asparagus.

Last edited by CoachP at 9/30/2023 11:27:55 AM

Advertisement