This Post:
169813.59 in reply to 169813.58
Date: 1/20/2011 8:04:12 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
There is no reason to defend BB's like you do in this thread. I really don't understand why Outside version of new tactics was for whole season in SC and inside wasn't. And even if they tested in their computers there is no knowledge among wide community and that's was zajino wrote. Now it can be lottery until we learn this tactics and long term strategies can failed against risk with unknown tactics. And also as soon as we have knowledge of new tactics some long-term strategies can be devalueted and the others capitalized ...
And about supporter and non-supporters and testing in PL matches. Non-supporters can find as many PL games as they want and they can study them even if they can't set the lineups.

This Post:
169813.60 in reply to 169813.59
Date: 1/20/2011 8:29:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am not defending anybody, I am just giving my opinion.
From the beginning, the BB policy was not to give much information about tactics and how game engine works, but a short and ambigous definition in the rules. I expected the same for these new tactics.
As I said, friendly tests are not meaningful for most people.
PL tests can be seen by everybody, but only Supporters can know the actual skills of the players, and even you can organize a PL with your friends and make all kind of tests and experiments with the new tactics.
That's all I said.
My argument is that only one match is not enough to evaluate the tactic, and that the game always looks for the best shot regardless the tactic you chosed, and that we may have misunderstood the sense of "outside" and "inside" isolation.
If you have any argument against this we can continue with a nice discussion about this topic.
But if you just want to put some pressure on the BBs, then I´m sorry if I am not helping, but I am afraid it will not work (see the small/big countries thread).
From my point of view, including new tactics and the challenge of exploring them and making them work is the best and nicest part of the game, but this is just my opinion and the reason of my posts.

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)

This Post:
169813.61 in reply to 169813.60
Date: 1/20/2011 8:40:08 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov

Inside Isolation and Inside Box and One wasn't introduced in friendlies no matter if we call them meaningfull or usefull or something else. That's the biggest problem. At least these 2 tactics couldn't be able to use in competitive matches this season.

If there is no significant complaints against Outside Isolation and Outside Box and One, I have nothing against them, they can remain in choice for competitive matches.

This Post:
169813.63 in reply to 169813.62
Date: 1/20/2011 9:30:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If Emilios theory about playing inside players in isolation like whatever they are able to play is true, is possible that this "one" in defence against him has to change everytime opponents coach change his mind, otherwise it probably not would be an effective defensive tactic. While is possible that you have to have this defender "inside".

Last edited by aigidios at 1/20/2011 9:31:25 AM

This Post:
169813.64 in reply to 169813.61
Date: 1/20/2011 9:37:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Inside Isolation and Inside Box and One wasn't introduced in friendlies no matter if we call them meaningfull or usefull or something else. That's the biggest problem. At least these 2 tactics couldn't be able to use in competitive matches this season.

Well, you can count how many matches you will lose by isolation putted against you. While there are not many managers which are using current tactics effectively, I dont see a point in introducing them later if developers are sure about them. If this would make a difference in B3 or a first league, perhaps these teams are supposed to wait for a new tactics little longer, because in high league it can make a difference.

This Post:
169813.65 in reply to 169813.64
Date: 1/20/2011 9:42:25 AM
BC Hostivař
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jirkov
Do I understand you right? Do you suggest skip them only for Level I leagues and B3 games and keep them for the rest?

This Post:
169813.66 in reply to 169813.65
Date: 1/20/2011 9:46:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
There are usually teams which are used to play with some knowledge, while this is generally lower issue as teams are playing lower.

This Post:
169813.68 in reply to 169813.10
Date: 1/22/2011 12:14:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with this idea but it would be nice to see more data on our players as to their experience with a certain style of offense/defense. That way, we can groom our team to a specific style.

Just imagine grooming a roster that fits runs a zone defense to the tee and all of a sudden makes a switch over to a defense they've never ran before. Obviously, the more they run that style of offense/defense, the better they are at it and I would like to see that transition into this game.

This Post:
169813.69 in reply to 169813.60
Date: 1/22/2011 5:36:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
From the beginning, the BB policy was not to give much information about tactics and how game engine works, but a short and ambigous definition in the rules.

I would rather call it inability than "policy".

To me it seems that the new tactics are not much different from base offense (and I think I am not the only one), I expected the Isolation to be some go-to-guy approach rather than base offense v1.01 and v1.02.

Advertisement