BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Search on the Transfer List

Search on the Transfer List (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
5121.59 in reply to 5121.57
Date: 2/1/2009 3:02:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sorry, but i've the impression that you really, really underrate the intelligence of the medium BB player :)
If we follow your reasoning, we should eliminate minimum skill value too: if not everybody would look for respectable rookies, missing all those equally promising average ones. Of course we know that this is not happening.
I really don't believe that if you give one or two more OPTIONS for the TL search, people will became slave of it. we really are smarter than this, c'mon.

This Post:
5121.60 in reply to 5121.59
Date: 2/1/2009 3:13:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Never overrate the taste of masses :)

I didn't name anyone, I just made an example as i really didn't want to go deeper into this. Try to sell a player and think about how to do it.

This Post:
5121.61 in reply to 5121.60
Date: 2/1/2009 3:23:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No overrating, no underrating! Virtue is the middle point :)
I've sold and bought players for 5 seasons of game, and i'm pretty positive about it: with 40.000 and more users, every not totally useless player (and even some absolutely useless one :P) can be sold with satisfaction.
the number of perfect trainees on market will always be minimum, and they will go to the richest people - then there will be an army of less rich people who have to buy something not-so perfect, and another army of poor people who have to go for cheap compromises.
I'm rarely richer, so when i am please don't punish me with endless browsing! :)

This Post:
5121.62 in reply to 5121.61
Date: 2/1/2009 3:25:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Then go to transfer ad threads and someone a favour and overpay :D

This Post:
5121.63 in reply to 5121.62
Date: 2/1/2009 3:26:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Too late, i already did it :) no more money here :P

This Post:
5121.64 in reply to 5121.57
Date: 2/2/2009 6:09:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Those 3 extra inches are painful. His jump range sukcs too. Oh well, uit's not that bad. And he is still pretty cheap. Go for it....

If you are fine with those 3 extra inches, then you'd be stupid to not to include those in your search even with *the future system*.

But it would exclude all the players who are so tall you wouldn't even consider picking on them. Clearly that wasn't the case in the statement above.

Uhm 55 pages? Let see only 18 years old. 24 pages? Good. Scan it.

There is nothing good in having to scan 24 pages if 12 pages of those are so tall you wouldn't even consider touching and other 6 pages so low potential players you wouldn't even consider touching.

All these arguments against not being able search for potential and/or height, are rather stupid imo. Haven't yet seen a good one at least...

This Post:
5121.65 in reply to 5121.64
Date: 2/2/2009 9:04:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
No need to "reply to me".

I won't explain it further.

Message deleted

This Post:
5121.67 in reply to 5121.52
Date: 2/9/2009 5:58:50 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Read LA-docent24's posts.
About how everyone will be looking for those ideal height pot players etc. A lot of the transfer listed players will not be looked at because of 1 cm difference etc.

if you look for a skill minimum or maximum the same happens, but you look at other guys who fit your requirements, because you could find them now.

So maybe some kind of player become more unliked, like small centers or less potential trainees, who maybe someone bought because the actual transfer system frustrated him to much because he don't find the player he likes ... And usually that are good players for Daytrader, players with some weaknesses, so that they could buy 'em and waiting for someone who said i don't care about that and the price seems fair in comparisition with other trainees with that skill(who are maybe much bigger).

if you mean Trader finds the good players easier, so you ahve to see that this couts for buyers to, and those guys who trade with pretty strong players get their money because such people are hard to find actually. With addiitional search options thee would eb much easier to find, and they get maybe in the first try a high bid(i belive those players raise in value du such a change).

This Post:
5121.68 in reply to 5121.57
Date: 2/16/2009 5:46:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
(I just want to amuse myself and chose an odd style to make it easier to read than just plain arguing; DISCLAIMER : not that i would or wouldn't recommend these or those skills or strategies)

no matter how you write it is almost unbearable to read cause it is just stupid and doesnt make sense at all. So u can write it either way ...

This Post:
5121.69 in reply to 5121.68
Date: 2/16/2009 5:56:27 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You made no concise points.

You did, however, make two drawn out, garbled points. One being, you think the average player lacks the reasoning or motivation to find the player he wants, and two, you've assumed a revamped transfer list would go by the specific parameters you've set forth. The third, which you undoubtedly made without your own knowledge is that you think you're style of writing was entertaining to anyone but your own ego.

Personally, I get a headache when I read your posts. If you're going to type a novella try reading it over when you are done. Then read it over again. Then post it. That is what we call editing.

Regardless.

If there was a height tool, which there doesn't need to be, it would likely read:

under 195 cm
196-206
207-215
over 216

The bottom line is you will find the player you want, it just takes time and effort. The more work you put in, the more you get rewarded. The only change should be a 'search by country' for U21 and loyalty purposes.

Last edited by GM-kozlodoev at 2/16/2009 8:08:45 PM

Advertisement