BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Injured player plays 4th quarter?

Injured player plays 4th quarter?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
215001.6 in reply to 215001.1
Date: 4/25/2012 11:47:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
and if he had been injured I think I would have won the game, despite not playing my best player and TIEing against their CT

Blaming something other than the bold above is silly. You lost because you made poor tactical decisions. Better luck next time.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
215001.7 in reply to 215001.6
Date: 4/25/2012 6:41:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks Tangosz and CrazyEye, I forgot about the taping injuries specialty. I have massage to help with GS. That makes a whole lot more sense.

Somedetsfinest--I don't really appreciate having my post essentially called silly and my tactical decisions called poor. I went into the game knowing that there was a good chance I would lose, but my best player had already played 48+ minutes per week and I was playing another player at his position for training purposes. It's my first season in D.IV, I have no big men worth mentioning, and my whole plan all along was to just make money and train my two young guards while not getting relegated. In that sense, I had already surpassed my expectations for the season by securing 5th place at worst and being competitive for a playoff spot. Had I made it into the playoffs, I wouldn't have contended for a title. Would it have been nice to see my team in the playoffs? Of course. If I played my top lineup, would I have won? Yes. But I took a more long-term approach that necessarily involved me risking being eliminated from playoff contention, and the gamble didn't pay off. But how is that silly or a poor tactical decision?

And just to clarify, I wasn't upset because I lost (like I said, making the playoffs wasn't a concern for me), I was upset because I thought I had been cheated out of a win by the game engine. Had I lost fairly (which it turns out I did), I would have been completely ok with it (which I am, now that the misunderstanding has been cleared up). I don't appreciate getting insulted, though, and I do feel insulted by your post. Just saying.

This Post:
215001.8 in reply to 215001.7
Date: 4/25/2012 11:07:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I apologize if I hurt your feelings.

I will respond in a bbmail as I don't want to do so again.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
215001.9 in reply to 215001.8
Date: 4/26/2012 12:05:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I got your message and sent you a response. Hopefully that will help clear things up and put this to rest. I can respect and admire your willingness to apologize for any unintentional offense he may have given, even though you stand by your original point. That's a +1.