BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Yeppers' 2nd Annual Super Incredi-tastic USA Cup Thread!!

Yeppers' 2nd Annual Super Incredi-tastic USA Cup Thread!!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
241305.6 in reply to 241305.5
Date: 5/18/2013 8:40:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
We are down to our last four teams!! The tension is palpable as our final four prepare to go head to head for a berth in the final! In one matchup, we have #15 Mad Angels vs. #5 Rocket Science. Mad Angels arrive here on the back of a thrilling one point victory over Pea Ridge Shooters in the round of 8. They have their work cut out for them, as Rocket Science is looking stronger than ever, and is starting to look like they could win this whole thing. In the other matchup, we have the long-awaited rematch of last season's cup final, #4 King Drive Ballers vs. #3 Airballers. I interveiwed Jfarb this week to get his thoughts on his upcoming matchup with Brian. And by interveiwed, I mean he stopped me at the grocery story and started answering questions I hadn't asked. On an unrelated note, whats the easiest way to get a restraining order?

Jfarb: How do you feel about your upcoming rematch against brian and the King Drive Ballers on Thursday?

Jfarb: Are you asking me if I am afraid of brian? Are you asking if I have been hiding in my room crying and eating Cheetos for the last week in anticipation of playing brian in the semifinal? Are you asking if its true that I punched my best friend in the groin when he asked me if "KFC sounds good?" for dinner because I thought he said "KDB sounds good"??? Because those are some strangely specific questions yeppers, and you should be ashamed of yourself for asking. Anyway...no, I'm not afraid of brian.

Jfarb: ...

Jfarb: You know brian is a rich guy. After last season's cup final he invited me to Chicago for his charity fundraiser. When I arrived I found out that his charity is called "The Help Need Our Help". Literally he created a charity to get his personal staff some extra money.

Jfarb: Ok, so what is your plan for him?

Jfarb: Yea so what if brian has Nemesio and Goddard!?!? Guess what? I have this guy on my team called AJ. Or at least that's what my assistant coaches tell me. I don't really know my players by name. I think he might be the tall guy that I throw food at during practice.

Jfarb
: If you win, are concerned at all about rocket science?

Jfarb: If I win. If? Haha yeppers you tool. Odd question, but I do have some concern for rocket science, NASA needs more funding. If we funded NASA even 1/10th of what we spend on defense I'm sure we'd all be living on Mars right now. C'mon people, this isn't rocket science. Well it is, but you get what I'm saying.

Yeppers: Can you get out of my car now?

This Post:
241305.7 in reply to 241305.6
Date: 5/18/2013 10:27:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
:)

Actually this is not the first time I have interviewed myself for the Cup Semifinal: (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/forum/read.aspx?thr...)

This Post:
241305.8 in reply to 241305.6
Date: 5/23/2013 8:56:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thank you for the coverage...

but in honesty, the finals are tonight: whoever wins the Airballers/King Drive Ballers matchup is likely the cup champion. That should be one good game to watch.

Last edited by rocket.science at 5/23/2013 8:56:48 AM

This Post:
241305.9 in reply to 241305.7
Date: 5/23/2013 8:47:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe we'd attack your PF after he picks up 5 fouls in the first 16 mins? na

Last edited by brian at 5/23/2013 8:48:16 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
241305.10 in reply to 241305.1
Date: 5/30/2013 4:58:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeppers c'mon man no finals preview!?!?!

#3 King Drive Ballers vs #5 Rocket Science

Today, in a game totally ignored by the media (yeppers), the King Drive Ballers are vying for their record 184th USA Tournament title. Manager brian has bought out the entire arena today just for his family and friends to watch the game. His opponent, rocket science, managed by rocket science, are trying for their first gold medal in team history.

Vegas favors KDB by 11, but rumor has it that brian will instruct his team to win by under or over 11 depending on who bribes him the most. KDB is led by US NT stars Laverne Goddard and Nemesio Xermade. Rocket Science is led by NT star Traitor McNoskills.

Come watch the Season 23 Cup Final at 8pm Eastern, or 8am Dionysus daytrading time, today!!!

This Post:
241305.11 in reply to 241305.10
Date: 5/30/2013 5:28:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
ive been waiting all day like a kid on christmas! Traitor McNoskills? I dont see Beaucage or Maples on his roster.

Manager brian has bought out the entire arena today just to silence the bandwagon Rocket Science underdog fans.

Sorry Coco, no tickets for you punk.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
241305.12 in reply to 241305.10
Date: 5/30/2013 5:36:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Completely forgot about this! Thanks for picking up the slack jfarb lol