BB Global (English) > I like the current training system

I like the current training system

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
278223.6 in reply to 278223.5
Date: 4/5/2016 8:19:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think you're still on topic, as you are replying to Trainerman.

I don't mean to suggest I don't have a wishlist for this game.

I'd like to see:
- more intelligent sub patterns in overtime.
- garbage time lineups yanked (by timeout, if necessary) when the lead shrinks to 16.
- an autobid on the transfer market (I'm with Trainerman on that one)
- working sub patterns besides SFDC.

But when it comes to training, I'm good.

This Post:
278223.10 in reply to 278223.3
Date: 4/6/2016 1:02:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
WHen I realize that people playing this game, because its been a non-basketball sim for so long, like you like it not for being about basketball...and that not only am I not playing a basketball sim, but I am playing probably against people who are not playing it as a basketball sim and don't care about the basketball part...

Well, you are right about this, but in saying that you are playing with fire. I also said it is not a basketball game or even a basketball management game, and called it what it is, a commodity development and marketing game, and people got all postal.

This Post:
278223.12 in reply to 278223.7
Date: 4/6/2016 4:51:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Here is a thought- what if it cost $5 a year and you could get 100% training in any position? I bet the BBs make about 50k that year. - food for thought. Lots would quit, but the rest would pay the piper.

Hell nah. If the game was one of those super styled apps like Game of War or whatnot, this would be the perfect choice. I would probably pay the five bucks, but come on, how cheesy on behalf of the owners would that be....

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278223.14 in reply to 278223.1
Date: 4/6/2016 5:25:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As I see it:

As a professional athlete you get better trough:
1. practice
2. experience
3. doping

In ballsports you play the position that is suiting your playing stlye and your physique best - unless you have a very unique skillset, that qualifies for a different position... Exceptions exist for sure...

We don't have practice in this game, the effect of experience is somewhat obscure, doping does and should not exist in this game. Experience is gained through training.

I would install a completely different training system basing on xp gained in combination with training OUTSIDE of games, that would probalby cater RPG players most, but thats a total different story.

If somebody has any connection to real world basketball it is beyond my understanding how he can actually like the current training system. Same applies for the - in my opinion - broken FT shooting in this game.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular
This Post:
278223.16 in reply to 278223.15
Date: 4/6/2016 5:58:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am very picky about the total 0 in FT shooting and passing especially. If you are a professional you have basic skills at least. We have players that go 0-1000 on FTs and never make a single assist over a 20 year career, thats simply impossible or just a flaw in the game engine. Players with absolute zero in Rebounds grab a board every now and then...

I would have no issues if FT was untrainable at all and every player was born with a fixed skill, that guaranteed at least like 40%. If you want to be a professional basketball player you should know how to throw the ball throught the hoop.

Advertisement