Draft every day

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
56779.6 in reply to 56779.5
Date: 11/13/2008 8:18:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
look at it this way,

paying 40k a week for lets say 12 weeks that is 480k so imagine you can get a player that is good for training and even 3 players for that amount,

if you got good then youll get that money back in no time

but like myself since i am part of the playoff team , i dont expect much about it so i dont really inbvest likewise in the free agent market what kind of quality player can you get for 480k?

This Post:
56779.7 in reply to 56779.6
Date: 11/13/2008 9:46:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
well, I'd never invest 40k. I always invested 20k, and my info was good, but even the 5 star players I drafted last 2 seasons wheren't worth the money!
On the other hand, the drafts I had the season before that where well worth it...

the problem with not investing and spending the money on the TL is that the real good ones are always kept by the team who drafts them. The ones on the TL are second choice, the ones the teams don't want to keep...

I hope you see my unending struggle what to do. ;)

Due to the high taxes for Div I last year I decided to lower my investment to 10k. I see it as a good medium. I still have chance to get a prety decent pick as my first player, and possibly will have to fire picks 2 and 3, and I keep some money to buy an average new trainee as well...

I'll see what it brings me.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
56779.8 in reply to 56779.7
Date: 11/13/2008 10:00:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the problem with not investing and spending the money on the TL is that the real good ones are always kept by the team who drafts them. The ones on the TL are second choice, the ones the teams don't want to keep...

Unless there skills don't match with the position a manager trains if he has a specific training program. But I can imagine the top draftees on the TL are rare and - surprise surprise - expensive.

Climbing the BB-mountain. Destination: the top.
This Post:
56779.9 in reply to 56779.8
Date: 11/18/2008 4:11:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i think the players from drafts must be better than these now, it would be more realistic..

This Post:
56779.10 in reply to 56779.9
Date: 11/18/2008 7:49:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
draftplayers, especially for Div I in Belgium are indeed very very low in quality for 3 seasons in a row now...

bad luck maybe?...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
56779.11 in reply to 56779.9
Date: 11/18/2008 10:03:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you only could reach that in slowing down training dramatically, else the draft always are weaker then the players who already playing ...

So i don't think you got star player draft outside from the weakest leagues in this game.

This Post:
56779.13 in reply to 56779.12
Date: 11/19/2008 10:17:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
this is true. yet, (I didn't check for this year though) last 2 seasons I had many 5 star players in my scouting info (12 two seasons ago and 7 last season), and my first pick was my number 3 to 5.
2 seasons ago I had 2 fivestarplayers, yet none where any good... (both less then 4k salary as well)

So I am confident I can get a player I rank in my top 10. But of the 10 to 12 you mention, I would probably get info about max 5 or 6 when I spend 20k/week, so I'd need a pick of my own top 5.... Which actually happened every time, and still I didn't get any decent player. When I see posts from other Div I teams here in Belgium, they are all complaint.
When going over every draft player last season, there was 1 to 3 players with wages over 4k. (I think 1 realy decent player with a 5k wage, but not sure)
And I think for Div I only these are worth keeping. It takes too long to train a player with less then 4k up to the standards he needs to be able to fit in the team AND there are no scrimmages to do this in, since as a div I team you need to perform well in the cup to keep your fans happy...

There are games enough for division I teams to train their players, yet none are trow away games in which they can put young average players and train them to good ones.
So if the draftee is just average, he won't get any minutes, and can't stay in the team...

I occasionally see good draftees, typically in the lower divisions. I have no clue however how many are in those poules.

I think it is bad luck as well that our Belgian DivI gets so few 4k+ draftees.

But all together: the need of luck of enough 4k+ draftees when you have a 12th+ pick in the row and the fact it is hard for performance oriented teams to train lesser players and the luck that you get info on a very good players while others don't, I think it might be more interesting to buy 19 or 20 year olds which got some training already and can immediatly perform well in your team and continue development from there on, rather then put a lot of money in scouting and hope to get lucky.

Ofcourse this only goes for the highest division teams who happen to end up in the top of their league most of the time...

Lesser divisions will sooner be able to use an average player in their games and have him train that way. And 18 yr olds are very expensive, so yes, they probably are good investing in scouting.

After last years' draft I lowered my investment to 10k (comming from a whole season of 20k) and even though I didn't have any decent info this season, at least I have 1 I can sell for some money.
I now turned it down to 5k, and will have a look at it later on, but I sooner expect to drop it entirely, then raising it again. At least until I start dropping in our league.

This Post:
56779.14 in reply to 56779.13
Date: 11/19/2008 10:00:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If draft luck is spread throughout the BB world then this will have a dramatic impact on U21 and National teams. Basically a small nation can be unlucky every year and then may as well not exist from a NT point of view as it will always be a whipping boy regardless of which Tournament.

Im not saying that countries like mine (Japan) should be competing year in year out with Italy but spread over their divisions they must have on average more Perennial Allstar + Potential $5k players than the 1/2 active divisions we or other smaller nations have.

The disparity in growth and opportunity is far too great and will mean that we will all be training the medium to large countries best prospects and further neglect our own... (unless we are extremely patriotic or sentimental)

This Post:
56779.15 in reply to 56779.1
Date: 11/20/2008 6:44:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Man, that's funny

This Post:
56779.16 in reply to 56779.15
Date: 11/20/2008 7:00:44 PM
Le Cotiche
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
my 3 picks sucked. hopefully tomorrow i'll draft someone better