Suggestions > Walk Over

Walk Over

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
71584.6 in reply to 71584.5
Date: 2/9/2009 3:58:34 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
3)Time needed turn into a bot is there for a reason right?

Nothing to do with walkovers.

4) There are more important things than BB (well maybe not for you, you are here everytime) and some come unexpected.

An old, tired, and false retort.

5)When BB men can screw up things they do manually, indeed managers should be allowed to do mistakes without punishment too (NT palying both SC and cmpetitive games; 22years old players in U21; missing games in schedules,...)

Completely irrelevant to the discussion. It's obvious you have little idea on how to administrate a game of this scope.

6)There is no written note in the rules about walkovers and of course no mention about necessary amount of players dressed to prevent a walkover.

Bet there will be.

7)Teams is not required to have money to buy scrubs just to fill places.

If this is implemented (and I wholeheartedly recommend it), then yes, they would.

8)It's up to manager how he dedals with game shape.

That's nice. He/she may need to deal with it in a different manner if this is implemented.

9)What if manager needs to lose a game and this is the only way to do this because of a poor competition* - for example second finals game (in this case it doesn't harm anybody).
*no matter how it happened (injuries, new countries, happy spedning manager, whatever)

Rules and regulations will never have "the ability to lose on purpose" be considered as a criteria for whether or not the change is a good one.

10) BB men said somewhere that managers who login frequently should get only a slight advantage. So I assume anything possibly damaging those who don't more as an approach in conflict with that philosophy.

There's a difference between logging in a couple times a week and once every 7 weeks.

Again, I wholeheartedly support this proposal, and recommend it be implemented for Season 8.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
71584.7 in reply to 71584.6
Date: 2/9/2009 5:20:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

4)

An old, tired, and false retort.

6)
Bet there will be.

7)
If this is implemented (and I wholeheartedly recommend it), then yes, they would.

8)
That's nice. He/she may need to deal with it in a different manner if this is implemented.

9)
Rules and regulations will never have "the ability to lose on purpose" be considered as a criteria for whether or not the change is a good one.

10)

There's a difference between logging in a couple times a week and once every 7 weeks.

Again, I wholeheartedly support this proposal, and recommend it be implemented for Season 8.

4) Huh? Really. Get a life. (no offense intended)

6)Completely irrelevant to the discussion. Now is now.

7) I don't count required unless it is not forbidden not to have.

8) An old, tired and false argument. These types of games are about trying to get as good as possible within limits given by the rules. Period.

9) The game should not force players to do so at first place. There are obvious choices when you want to lose on purpose if you want to act rational. I don't like it but can't blame anyone for losing those games.

10) you don't get it, do you? If you wouldn't log in for seven weeks you are not in the game anymore, you are bot. if you login couple times a week you are fine. If not you MAY have been in trouble. If you logn 1-2 times per 2 weeks (setting lineups in advance) you should not be punish for that if some nasty things happened to you meanwhile. You can have a walkover pretty easily if you logs in late friday evenings arranging an SC and set all lineups for the week - and if you don't use backups for a SC. I don't do it but it is a legitimate option to choose. I don't see much difference between buying 1k scrubs just for SC and then fire them before economic update and losing 25-0 in second finals - in both situations you do not harm anyone else and in both situations you uses parts of games where the game is unrealistic to your advantage. If you want to force people to buy scrubs for one game, as you obviously do, something is wrong with you.

This game should be both for obssesed players and casual managers who log in about once in a week (or even rarer, epecially if something happened in real life - injuries, crashed pcs, lost jobs, bankruptcy, whatever - you can't force people to have BB at first place).

For the record - I don't use 25-0 walkovers and don't support some things stated above. As long as they are not forbidden people can't be punished for using them.

It's obvious you have little idea on how to administrate a game of this scope.

So do you.

This Post:
71584.8 in reply to 71584.7
Date: 2/9/2009 6:11:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How skilled does one have to be to set default lineups and log in once or twice a week?

It's not that time-consuming, and the pros outweigh the cons.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
71584.9 in reply to 71584.8
Date: 2/9/2009 6:15:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
If you really care you would get my points already.

This Post:
71584.10 in reply to 71584.9
Date: 2/9/2009 6:18:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I do.

I disagree with them, if you didn't notice.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
71584.11 in reply to 71584.1
Date: 2/9/2009 6:22:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think we need to suggest a new change about WOs.
I think if a team loses by WO (-25), he should also lose the training for that week.

I say this because there´s a case in my league where the 2nd knows that losing just by 25 points he keeps his position. And i´m sure there are many cases like this around BB; so I think this is not fair for the competition, so this should change for next season.

To be honest, I think that rather than propose a change like this, the tie breaker criteria should be different. Instead of plus/minus, which can be rather arbitrary because we have little control over running up the score, I think that the game should use head-to-head records first, then conference records if necessary, and then go to plus/minus.

This Post:
71584.12 in reply to 71584.7
Date: 2/9/2009 6:46:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if you login couple times a week you are fine. If not you MAY have been in trouble. If you logn 1-2 times per 2 weeks (setting lineups in advance) you should not be punish for that if some nasty things happened to you meanwhile.

Are you serious? This would mean that we should remove injuries from this game or let players get injured only for current game. How hard is it to log on for before both league games? If your player get's injured and you have not logged in to compensate you should be punished...

This game should be both for obssesed players and casual managers who log in about once in a week (or even rarer, epecially if something happened in real life - injuries, crashed pcs, lost jobs, bankruptcy, whatever - you can't force people to have BB at first place).

Again are you serious??? Is it anyone elses fault than yours that you can't pay for your internet, throw your pc out of the window etc. Use internet cafe or free wifi areas (atleast our country has plenty of those). You make it sound like it is impossible to log in 2 times a week. Let BB's know when you have health issues so we can freeze this game for a month so you would not fall behind. Scouting your opponent just before the coming game is important (he might of had injuries and just started to use different tactics that might change your tactics).

+it's pointless to buy scrubs for 1k if you can have below 1k salary players on your team if you really need scrubs;)

This Post:
71584.13 in reply to 71584.12
Date: 2/9/2009 6:55:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Again are you serious??? Is it anyone elses fault than yours that you can't pay for your internet, throw your pc out of the window etc. Use internet cafe or free wifi areas (atleast our country has plenty of those). You make it sound like it is impossible to log in 2 times a week. Let BB's know when you have health issues so we can freeze this game for a month so you would not fall behind. Scouting your opponent just before the coming game is important (he might of had injuries and just started to use different tactics that might change your tactics).

As you could notice it is not my case. Point of this was if something bad happens to someone in RL, ruining his results, he/she can say no - well, at least training went well. If teams which don't care at all (I mean those who really don't) still getting their training (albeit not the most efficient one probably) why shouldn't a team which just happen to occur in a walk over.

This Post:
71584.14 in reply to 71584.13
Date: 2/10/2009 2:28:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ofcourse it's not your case but you are still defending it. I would not defend something I do not believe in. So basically if you log on once a week then you should have 12 players in your team. This way WO will probably not happen during one week. Team who can not field enough players should get punished by receiving no training.

This Post:
71584.15 in reply to 71584.14
Date: 2/10/2009 10:31:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ofcourse it's not your case but you are still defending it. I would not defend something I do not believe in. So basically if you log on once a week then you should have 12 players in your team. This way WO will probably not happen during one week. Team who can not field enough players should get punished by receiving no training.

That's question of personality and beliefs.

Having 12 players (on roster) is not usually (that) effective. It's arguable but I think (and this I really mean it more than other things in this thread) focering managaers to have 12+ plaers on roster is not a right way to go at all.

You can set a lineup consisting of less than 12 players in advance and something can happen meanwhile - especially if the relevant match is a SC - and you can't argue about having a differetn rule for walkovers depending on type of mth match. (I just realize you can sell them meanwhile too - let say you have player on TL for several weeks, nobody wanted him for that prize, but suddenly...)

Receiving no training even if it is team training (FT,ST,GS which does not require minutes? I simply don't like the idea of wasted week of training just because one game which could be even irrelevant for the training (not just in case of team trainings)

Another new argument - you have to be able not to dress some of your players (ke players typically) to prevent injuries.

This Post:
71584.16 in reply to 71584.15
Date: 2/10/2009 11:08:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Having 12 players (on roster) is not usually (that) effective. It's arguable but I think (and this I really mean it more than other things in this thread) focering managaers to have 12+ plaers on roster is not a right way to go at all.

Ok made a 8 player out of it, i believe that this is pretty small rooster ...

So now they could have 5 injured players, and there is still no WO.

And i also also don't believe, that you should manage your team a bit more actively, i don't think that the six week is because people should login in every 6 weeks to make their lineups.

Advertisement