BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Advantage to smaller country teams?

Advantage to smaller country teams?

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
129389.60 in reply to 129389.58
Date: 1/27/2010 6:39:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am out from the cup losing from the worse team of CBBA. Just check my schedule and you will see that.

...and?

I'm out of the cup after losing to a DIV team that's better then the D1 team you lost to. Just saying, the quality that you have to compete with to earn the money you are making is much lower. You're profit margins should be much higher. Until many more teams sign up and stay in BB for awhile, that won't change.

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
129389.62 in reply to 129389.60
Date: 1/27/2010 6:51:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The quality that i am facing is compared to yours. YES my margin profit compared to you is larger, but i have only 183k salaries. Can that make my team competitive on BBB? 2 seasons that played on BBB ive lost easily from the 1st round. I have strong team compared my rivals NOT with you or any other big counties.

You have more profit than me!!!! Whats your TV contract? i have already told you mine (108k). I have data from Italy and Hellas. Both have way higher income than me from TV. In 3-4 seasons that i will be able to compete on BBB your team will gain at least 2M more than me. But with 2M you can get 1 quality backup or a great trainee, and i am not even talking about merchandise. The max that i got it was 117k. For those elite teams thats there low.

This Post:
129389.63 in reply to 129389.61
Date: 1/27/2010 7:06:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It cannot be so difficult to stablish a relationship between the money you can get from your arena and the salary of your roster. So a new team in a small country will get money proportionally to his team worth. When he gets better player, he'll get more money. His income will raise as fast as he can train and improve the value of the team, and the economy in those countries will more reasonable.
- This will not kill the options of these teams to win the B3. It will just slow down their capacity of growing.
- This will be realistic, because not many fans will attend a match with mediocre players. The better the players are, most people will be interested in this game and attend the matches.
- At the same time the market inflation will be reduced with less "new richs" biddings.
- This will be fair for all BB users, because this kind of relationship does already naturally exists in bigger countries.

Last edited by Emilio at 1/27/2010 7:08:33 PM

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)

This Post:
129389.64 in reply to 129389.59
Date: 1/27/2010 7:13:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
An experienced manager will be able to train 6 player/week at 2 positions or 3 player/week. He can also be the NT coach and put his own player to play and get experience, get money in merchandising, and he can also sell them at higher price because of the "flag"...

If i put my name on the elections in Cyprus i will get at least 85%, and i will be easily invite my players and do what i want to do, but this is an ethical cheating. For me win its not everything. I am playing for fun. Wins its just one part of it. One of my goals is to see Cyprus community to grow. An other is to help my country Hellas (i am Greek citizen) to be better. I want when i retire from the game to left something behind me. As you can see you can have many reasons to play this game than just win at any cost.

This Post:
129389.65 in reply to 129389.47
Date: 1/27/2010 7:19:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
and i hope you praise god, that you could play BB with a real competition, which in my eyes makes it funny not boring.

Of course, it's more funny when getting to the top is very hard. That's why making the competition in small countries harder, will make them enjoy more the game than now, as we do. Let's bring some of our "amusement" also to the small countries!

how you raise their competition, if you just ppunish them .. and maybe push the few players away, who play it and could help beginners.

Don't forget maybe they develop fast, but you could also catch up faster - let's say they play a speed version for a bit.

This Post:
129389.66 in reply to 129389.65
Date: 1/27/2010 7:28:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Nobody is punishing anybody. Bringing a normal BB economy to small countries will make them play the same game that made us mad. It will be much funnier for them.
On the other hand, most small countries are small because their population is simply not interested in basketball, not interesed in basket simulators, not interested even in Internet...
Just check who are the biggest countries... those who have strong basket leagues.
And also most managers in small countries are not native from these countries, they are american, spanish, greeks...

Try to make an online cricket simulator succesful in Spain...

Last edited by Emilio at 1/27/2010 7:30:17 PM

¡Me aburro! (Homer Simpson)
This Post:
129389.67 in reply to 129389.66
Date: 1/27/2010 7:42:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a solution. Just cancel the B3. Or make the B3 a tournament where you make no money and get absolutely no benefit or loss from playing in it (essentially just a private league). Will this make all the complaining stop?

Either that, or let's just meld all the countries together and have one big uber-BB nation. Or let's make BB a continental game. Imagine how boring that would be.

Your only real competition is against teams in your own country and they face all the same challenges as your team. As someone mentioned, the B3 is really a useless tournament. So I really don't see what the big issue is.

Run of the Mill Canadian Manager

This Post:
129389.68 in reply to 129389.62
Date: 1/27/2010 8:06:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
but i have only 183k salaries

You have more profit than me!!!!

I have almost 500k in salaries and similiar sized arena/prices, it's not possible that make more profit.

Baseline Weekly Economy
Expenses Revenue
Player Salaries: $ 462 791 Attendance: $ 556 471
Staff Salaries: $ 67 298 Merchandise: $ 90 116
Scouting: $ 0 TV Contract: $ 150 480
Total: $ 530 089 Total: $ 797 067
Typical Weekly Net Income: $ 266 978

You have to be making close to double what I'm making every week. You get about the same attendance revenue but require less then 200k to stay competitive and near the top of your league. That's 300K more your clearing just on tickets minus salaries.

Last edited by brian at 1/27/2010 8:06:16 PM

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt
This Post:
129389.69 in reply to 129389.61
Date: 1/27/2010 8:27:56 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it's raining brains in here.

look, this is a deep flaw in the financial part of the game, and anyone who's trying to defend the status quo is delusional.
having said that, there are two ways to deal with it:
• fight to the death, make a huge mess in global, bla bla bla;
• realize you'll never gonna be better than Joe Bigfish Smallpond, and stop giving a damn about it.

I went with #2.

have fun, you may now resume the hunt for the next nobel prize.

the good doctor is right again.

i use to argue that the advantages that small countries have was minimal and would dissipate with time. however, with the prospect of losing to a division iv team in the cup when i am in a medium country a near impossibility, i see the clear small/medium advantages that will continue to be present for a long while (until changes are made).

This Post:
129389.70 in reply to 129389.69
Date: 1/27/2010 11:46:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think there are some great points made here and some silly ones. To that end I have two suggestions.

It is obvious that the economic situation for teams from small countries, like mine, have a much easier time in the game than teams from gargantuan countries. It is also clearly true that leagues in gargantuan countries are far more competitive than those of tiny countries. For some people, signing up in a tiny country so they can kick ass is "fun" for them. These are the same kind of people who cheat at solitaire. For most people, more competition = more fun. More fun = a better community. There are about 3 posts a year on the Thai national forum. Woohoo! FUN!!!

The B3 is an arcade tournament played for fun. It has no real importance and shouldn't be upsetting anyone. If you don't see any value in it, don't follow it, don't pay attention to it, and intentionally lose your first game in it if you make it. Simple. So what if a small fry wins? Life is too short and this game is too enjoyable to let something as silly as the B3 tournament ruffle anybody's feathers.

I think the TL argument is completely valid ,and here is my solution. Because Spain and Italy are so much bigger and better and more difficult than any other country (as they like to point out as often as possible ) I suggest we put up a BBWall around them and let no players in or out. Spaniards will only have to worry about playing with other Spaniards. Italians will only have to worry about playing with other Italians. Every once in a while they can post a recap of how much fun they are having and how much better they are than the rest of the world. It would be really great. Or at least make it an opt in or opt out for them- Do you want to compete with the whole world for TL players or only with managers from your own self-described more basketball savvy more competitive more disadvantaged globally country?

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
Advertisement