Suggestions > Minor suggestion 2

Minor suggestion 2 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by

This Post:
202503.61 in reply to 202503.60
Date: 12/29/2011 5:18:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I guess that you can argue that both hurt other teams to a degree but when I have had tankers in my league ithas always made me happy especially while the cup is on so that I can have one easy game a week.

Day traders directly hurt others in many clear and obvious ones but I will also give you a less well known example. I am the India U21 coach and we have saved a lot of players from being lost by adding them to the team and sending them into free agency, over the three seasons it is well more than 100 players. A big percentage of them maybe around 1/4 get bought by day traders who buy cheap, list high don't train and because the 18 year olds don't cost much on a weekly basis they can happily wait a few weeks until they get a bite for their inflated prices. From the U21 NT point of view they have killed our player. Missing out of several weeks of training while they are 18 probably means that they wont make the team and if they do they will obviously not be as good as they could have been.

As for tanking, it sucks. It is soul destroying and boring. The only thing I have to look forward to each week is the training update and the knowledge that I can train my three young guys however I want. Don't do it.

I don't know if you saw the post where I said the salary floor should be greatly raised to prevent people doing exactly what I am doing.

I have been shopping constantly for a SF for the last few weeks so I am spending hours each week looking at the TL myself anyway. Maybe I should be day trading while I am doing nothing else this season anyway.

This Post:
202503.62 in reply to 202503.61
Date: 12/29/2011 5:38:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
People that are mad out daytraders, sound like grumpy old men.

Hell 1 of the people trying change how bidding is done, went around telling people that was the only way to succeed in the game, and that training wasn't worth while for them. Now they want to change how its done, or why its done. Let it be.

Daytradeing isn't a problem, unless it hedges on your revenue generating, from daytrading. Which if your not a daytrader, its not.

This Post:
202503.63 in reply to 202503.61
Date: 12/29/2011 6:20:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I have been shopping constantly for a SF for the last few weeks so I am spending hours each week looking at the TL myself

Have a look on the Indian BBstats Forum ;)

This Post:
202503.66 in reply to 202503.65
Date: 12/29/2011 12:08:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I have made a killing daytrading, I have made a killing tanking, I have made a killing training. I have made fairly good of the micronation situation I am in.

I can continue to do all 4. I am suggesting things, always, that make these things harder so that the following is how you win in this game-

Are these the suggestions you're talking about?

#1 force me to bid more than just 2% more, like 5% or 10% more in the last 5 minutes. 10% more in the last minute.
#2 blind the last bid in the last 5 minutes (or so) that would really screw up the 2% bid war game woudln't it!!!
#3 Limit the number of bids you can make on a given player. Like 5 per player or something like that
#4 (my favorite) auctions more when bid on in last 5 minutes. LIke extend 20 minutes at a time etc. This probably not so good cuz would screw with seller too, but its an idea....

These would all exacerbate the last-minute bidding problem, especially #3 and #4. None of these would limit daytrading or tanking in the least. Like I said before, if you don't like last-minute bidding, switch to a waiver system. Your solutions won't fix last-minute bidding.

Limiting tanking is pretty simple. Restructure the salary floor:

Division I: 180% of TV money

Division II: 150% of TV money

Division III,IV: 120% of TV money

Division V,VI: 90% of TV money

This might seem severe, but in the US at least, wouldn't hurt the teams that are competitive.

I have a pet peeve about people who have absolutely no understanding of what I am suggesting, or really what they are talking about making inane comments.

Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

My pet peeve is egregious spelling mistakes. For future reference, the red dotted line underneath words indicates a spelling error.

- ahve is actually spelled have
- addhock should be spelled as ad hoc

This Post:
202503.67 in reply to 202503.64
Date: 12/29/2011 12:09:01 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Waht you have said makes absolutely no sense.

Tehre are plenty of teams farming their own players, just to buy tehm back a couple of seasons later - if teh transfer price was invisible tihs would help tehm to save some money on those crooked player movements.

Now guess my pet peeve.

Message deleted
Advertisement