BuzzerBeater Forums

Philippines - IV.43 > The Holster: The Official Press Releases Thread of the Bacoor Blades

Favorite Folders

The Holster: The Official Press Releases Thread of the Bacoor Blades

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
237648.61 in reply to 237648.59
Date: 6/7/2013 9:53:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Blades go for 'the jugular' in Game 2

League IV.43 Playoffs
Season 23 League Final Game 2
Great 8 #1 Bacoor Blades @ Big 8 #1 Citta Italia Rangers
9:

After passing the first test of notching their first Finals win back in Game 1, 103-42 at The Bacoor Forum, taking a 1-0 lead in the process, the Bacoor Blades are ready to take the next, and probably last test, to affirm their road to redemption being complete. They travel to the Citta Italia Arena today as they visit the Citta Italia Rangers where the host will look to tie the series at one game apiece and force a tiebreaker.

Just hours before tip-off, Blades players already showed excitement over the game and how they want to play it already.

"This is probably the most exciting challenge that I'm going to have to face so far in my career." said Eugenio Genco, who since the Season 20 letdown has been thrusted into the spotlight as the main man on the post for the Bacoor five.

"Back then, though I started, I was playing off Insa (Saady)'s actions whether on the paint or from the perimeter. Now I have assumed more responsibility and I am looking forward to meeting them head-on." the Italian beanpole added.

"This game will truly define our team in terms of our progress from past seasons." said team manager TheDogMan. "Did we improve? did we stay the same? or did we decline?"

"Handa na kami. Excited na kami at sobrang positibo kami na magagawa namin 'to." said team co-captain Mark Louis Hugos.

The game shall begin later today at 5:30 pm.

This Post:
237648.62 in reply to 237648.61
Date: 6/8/2013 10:11:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
CHAMP1ONS

League IV.43 Playoffs
Season 23 League Final Game 2
Great 8 #1 Bacoor Blades @ Big 8 #1 Citta Italia Rangers
22:11

The road to redemption has been completed.

The Bacoor Blades have defeated the Citta Italia Rangers, 136-82, in Game 2 of the League IV.43 Finals at the Citta Itala Arena, sweeping the Rangers, 2-0.

The Blades displayed that amidst the fact that they identified themselves as a defensive team, they were still capable of putting the ball in the basket as they shot 51% from the field, while holding their adversaries to just 33%. It was a no-contest in the rebounding battle as the Blades handily won that category 66-41 and their paint defense was impeccable, typified by their 19-2 shot blocking edge.

The Blades tried to dictate the pace of the game in the first quarter, but the Rangers were quick to react as they tried to slash their way inside to draw fouls and get to the line, putting Pedro Horcasitas and Eugenio Genco in early foul trouble. But after a Blades timeout, the Cavite five saw renewed confidence and established their pace by running as they won the period, 28-14.

The second quarter saw the Blades pull away for good as they continued to pound the offensive glass for second chance opportunities. Three point baskets from Horcasitas did not help the Rangers cause either as they kept on missing him on their defensive rotations that found him open at almost every time. Halftime saw the Blades up 71-35 and from that point on the game was no longer in doubt as the offensive putbacks continue to haunt the Rangers defense as they found themselves completely outmatched from the frontline.

Eight players scored in double-figures for Bacoor, with team co-captain Kelly Paul notching game high 24 points and 15 rebounds. Two other Blades players had double-doubles, with Eugenio Genco netting 16 and 12 rebounds and super-sub Eladio Martin with 14 points and 10 caroms.

The home side was paced by Krstivoje Petrović's 19 points, but it took him a whopping 33 shots to get there. The rest of the Rangers' esteemed "Fab Five" scored 50 points, but with not a lot of bench help as they only chipped in 13.

"These guys deserve this victory, the title and everything that goes with it." said an obviously-elated team manager TheDogMan. "After all that they've been through the past three seasons, this is sweet vindication."

As the final buzzer sounded, co-captains Paul and Mark Louis Hugos shared tears of joy as their efforts have been reciprocated with the franchise's first-ever taste of silverware. Hugs and high fives were abound as they couldn't be stopped from celebrating their victory on enemy grounds.

In a surprise appearance for the first time since he parted ways with the Blades in Season 20, legendary forward Insa Saady, who led the team to their first League Final back in Season 20, was present to congratulate the squad for a job well done.

"It was a shaky process for them since Season 20. But I'm very proud that they actually made it this time. They played as a team and won as a team. They had their leaders and role players. This team is as sound as it was all season." said the 36 year-old Saady, who recently retired from basketball.

"After all this time, we can finally say that we are Champions." said the 6'9" American. "We did it. We can finally say that we got promoted to Division III as the Champs."

"Eto na ang pinakamasayang sandali na career ko bilang player. First title ko 'to, ang saya talaga." said a still teary-eyed Hugos, who had 12 points and eight assists in the victory.

The challenge now for this crew is to try and make up for their initial stint in Division III as they begin their journey starting next season.

This Post:
237648.63 in reply to 237648.62
Date: 6/10/2013 3:17:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Heroes' Welcome: Blades home after title triumph

League IV.43 Finals
Great 8 #1 Bacoor Blades def. Big 8 #1 Citta Italia Rangers (2-0)

After dominating the field all-season long, the Bacoor Blades culminated their road to redemption with a sweep of Citta Italia Rangers last Saturday, capping off an undefeated run to the title that spanned all the 26 League elimination round and playoff assignments.

But the title-clinching Game 2 was at the Ranger's Citta Italia Arena, so the opportunity for the Bacoor community to celebrate the championship with the team was bleak. Upon their arrival back to Bacoor, the Blades were warmly welcomed by cheers and jubilation from a crowd of an estimated 7,000 just at the front of their training facilities in Bacoor.

The Blades took time to address the fans and show their appreciation for the support that they gave them all season. It became a mini-fan appreciation moment that became media-mobbed in just minutes.

"This is an overwhelming response from our fans. We would like to thank them not only for this moment, but for the support that they gave all season." said Blades forward Pedro Horcasitas.

"They attended games, they bought the merchandise, they bought the mentality that we were going for redemption the same way that the team did. It was amazing!" said shooting guard Iliya Dimov.

During Game 2, four large LCD screens were installed at the middle of The Bacoor Forum to provide the live feed of the game, where the Blades trounced the Rangers, 136-82. Every basket, from the opening three-point basket by Dimov until Regan Elizaga's freethrows that punched the final score, were met with a lot of cheers and as the final buzzer sounded, the crowd cannot be contained as the Forum accommodated a standing-room audience of approximately 17,000. The team celebration on site might have been limited, but at The Forum, fans were cheering as that age-old Queen song, "We Are The Champions" reverberated throughout the Blades's home court.

These events were relayed to the Blades management, led by TheDogMan and he expressed his utmost appreciation of the loyal fanbase.

"We were just informed about what transpired here back in Game 2. I can only imagine the excitement and the anticipation each one of you had as we were playing for the title. I don't know if I can thank you enough for that. The effort it took for all of you to witness this team make it back to Division III must have been taxing." said the Blades boss as he addressed the crowd. "Again, I cannot thank you all enough."

Even the sighting of Legendary Blades forward Insa Saady brought cheers from the crowd Saturday night. It was an overflow of emotions as the French phenom approached the current roster to congratulate them burying the stigma of the past three seasons.

"Maraming salamat sa suporta niyo. Marami na tayong pinagdaanan. Ngayon, pinagpala na tayo ng kampeonato. Para sa ating lahat itong kampeonatong ito!" said co-captain Mark Hugos.

"I hope that this could be the start of something new for the team. Again thank you so much and see you all in Division III!" said team co-captain Kelly Paul.

The Blades will spend the offseason with playing scrimmages and possibly bolstering their team in the upcoming draft before they begin their second foray back to Division III.

This Post:
237648.64 in reply to 237648.63
Date: 6/11/2013 2:34:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Paul awarded with League MVP and other awards

League IV.43 Postseason Awards
Most Valuable Player
14:33

Before the Bacoor Blades could leave Division IV behind, one last trophy had to be handed down to them as starting Power Forward Kelly Paul was regarded as the League IV.43 Most Valuable Player for Season 23.

Paul won the plum unanimously, garnering all of the possible 192 points votes from the 32 first-place voting members of the panel. He was followed by Aleman Onas and Felipe Villalino, both from League runners-up Citta Italia Rangers. Onas and Villalino placed second and third respectively with Onas amassing 117 points and Villalino having 88. Blades center Eugenio Genco placed fourth in the voting with 68 points, while Victor Caires of Creators creation rounded up the Top 5 with 14 points.

Paul, Genco awarded co-Finals MVP

In a post-Finals dinner hosted by The Holster, the official press releases of the Bacoor Blades, the Bacoor press corps awarded the frontcourt duo of Kelly Paul and Eugenio Genco as the co-Most Valuable Player of the recently-concluded League IV.43 Finals.

The two averaged a combined 34 points and 27 rebounds per game during the two-game sweep of Citta Italia Rangers in the title round. The press corps considered the two categories as well as other statistical numbers such as blocks, assists and overall rating, which still saw a virtual tie between the two players.

The awarding of the co-Finals MVP was by the Blades press corps only and was not an official BuzzerBeater award. The League MVP was also awarded to Paul on that same night, making him a single-season League and Finals MVP winner.

"This is a bit too much. All I did was to give it all on the floor to provide my team with the best opportunity to win." said an overwhelmed Paul. "My teammates were just as important and as valuable to this achievement as I did." he followed.

"But I couldn't complain that much, since we were able to reach our goal: To win the championship and move back to Division III."

This Post:
237648.65 in reply to 237648.11
Date: 3/10/2016 2:05:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
For new teams:

Welcome sa Buzzerbeater, naghahanap ako ng mga all star players and higher potential na 18 years of age. Paki copy-paste yung stats nila at send sa akin.

For Pilipinas Trainers

If you are training star potential from ages 18-21 please send me stats of your player paki copy paste din. Thank you. If you need any help in training just send me a message. Feel free to join the forum section titled U21 scouting.

Just click on my name to send me a message Vader (54761)

This Post:
237648.66 in reply to 237648.1
Date: 7/20/2016 7:15:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
now time to bring home the (trophy)

This Post:
237648.67 in reply to 237648.1
Date: 7/20/2016 7:15:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
now time to bring home the (trophy)